Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Do u always do bottle tech pressing or do you have a mold thats for your press?...
I'm having a 3pcs one made I.d will be 2x6 and they want 38 for it only vs I found 95-$300 for the same mold so $38 is more than worth it..I got a 30mm dp pre press mold so I can test out bottle tech and see what I like best...
Do you buy your own mesh or just premade bags?

I didn’t always do bottle tech, but it does produce more. You can see my extremely scientific analysis of the subject on page 1 of this tutorial. LOL! OK, not so scientific, but done for science anyway. :rofl:

I’ve been using these tubes. They’re the cheapest option I’ve found so far.

Start low (180°F), and work your way up in temperature to a maximum of 220°F with separate pucks. You'll find the consistency you want somewhere in there.
^^^^^ This!

You will eventually be able to give a very good estimate from touch/feel and the RH, but what OS stated is right on the money.

My recommendation to anyone starting out is, don’t be afraid to squish. It’s also much better to grow your own. So much to squish. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey folks :)
New toy arrived earlier than expected.
9D0DB978-2C85-4008-90D9-DF2D966433F8.jpeg

B6175C28-FE87-42BB-873D-41E4A5B37605.jpeg

52CD19D2-2059-4CB7-84BF-979B729ED6BC.jpeg

Seems a decent bit of kit.
I was feeling chuffed about getting ready for this by getting a portapower this week. I get it today or tomorrow (all going well). :rolleyes:

A couple of raw rookie questions to start off:
I don’t have a micro mesh baggie. Is a piece of silk ok? Or possibly just nothing and make it messy? I don’t mind messy.

Oh maybe OS answered that one while I was typing (hoofs!) thanks OS..

What temperature would you start out with on a strain you’d never tried before, on say a 10g puck?

Cheers
:cool:
Oh snap its on ......... Congrats on the new toy. Game changer for sure.

It took me a bit, but I finally made it through the entire thread. Nice place you've got here @Grandpa Tokin! Looking forward to sharing some of my adventures in rosin with you guys. Hopefully I'll be able to carve out some time this weekend for a squish.

@Lewydeville Beautiful squish of the CDLC. I have a bunch of meph beans and was trying to decide what to run, and I think you pushed me towards CDLC.

It took me a bit, but I finally made it through the entire thread. Nice place you've got here @Grandpa Tokin! Looking forward to sharing some of my adventures in rosin with you guys. Hopefully I'll be able to carve out some time this weekend for a squish.

@Lewydeville Beautiful squish of the CDLC. I have a bunch of meph beans and was trying to decide what to run, and I think you pushed me towards CDLC.
Welcome aboard. Glad you’re here.

Updated the journal today.
Couple of pics for today.

20200122_084805 (2).jpg
20200122_153358.jpg

Group shot.
20200122_153217 (3).jpg

Oh you are in for a treat. It’s so good! CDLC is sold out everywhere I’ve been looking. I really want to get another pack of them.

After lights on, ahhhhh, I got room, but it will be another few days and will have to tie them back again.
20200122_210146.jpg

We all keep it 70% or higher dank in here.

Well. Don’t worry about wrapping a puck in silk. I took one for the team there. It burst and tore the paper.
Not a complete loss. Scraped what I could salvage and had a smoke. Didn’t hate it :rofl:
Next one was better. Just a wee one. Got 0.3g back from 2g. Dirty as all, though so doesn’t mean much. Fun though.
D6327DA9-DF09-46C2-B78E-C00530FBC74A.jpeg

A little Rorschach splotch..
B64B4140-9E05-4FED-9C6C-802894F101E1.jpeg

163B4740-F859-4458-862A-F8B81D4CAB37.jpeg

I’ve been smoking this same bud for six months and it hasn’t been this good in a while :) A little insight into fun to come.
06806364-619D-4E8C-B89F-274DC85CFCE4.jpeg

Kicked some of my pain away for the first time in a while. I’m very glad to be making the shift to decent solventless concentrates.
1CEA01EA-7065-4DB5-85D6-F0C47ED24B4C.jpeg

Thanks for your help everyone :love:

Well. Don’t worry about wrapping a puck in silk. I took one for the team there. It burst and tore the paper.
Not a complete loss. Scraped what I could salvage and had a smoke. Didn’t hate it :rofl:
Next one was better. Just a wee one. Got 0.3g back from 2g. Dirty as all, though so doesn’t mean much. Fun though.

I’ve been smoking this same bud for six months and it hasn’t been this good in a while :) A little insight into fun to come.

Kicked some of my pain away for the first time in a while. I’m very glad to be making the shift to decent solventless concentrates.

Nice start looks good. Time to open the flood gates let the water falls began. :passitleft: :cough: :nerd-with-glasses:

That's awesome! How's that flavor? Pretty nice huh...
Go a little cooler if the flavors didn't smack ya in the face.
:high-five:

Oh you are in for a treat. It’s so good! CDLC is sold out everywhere I’ve been looking. I really want to get another pack of them.

They're still in stock on the Canadian store. Not sure where you're located, but I think you can only order from your regional (USA, CAN, EUR) store now :(

Howdy experts , I ran out of buds up to squish until babe is ready but I have a small jar of kief .
I understand to make thca diamonds you would press a puck at 100 and the keep increasing the temp by 20 degrees and replacing the paper between presses in a 25 micron bag . True story ?

My other question is , can I isolate the thca in kief to make thca diamonds with kief? Seems to me like it might turn out o be a big brick of burnt hash ? Tia ! Namaste

Howdy experts , I ran out of buds up to squish until babe is ready but I have a small jar of kief .
I understand to make thca diamonds you would press a puck at 100 and the keep increasing the temp by 20 degrees and replacing the paper between presses in a 25 micron bag . True story ?

My other question is , can I isolate the thca in kief to make thca diamonds with kief? Seems to me like it might turn out o be a big brick of burnt hash ? Tia ! Namaste

I'm no expert on THCa but I think you need to go Kief -> Rosin (low temp, waxy consistency) -> THCa / Sauce separation

This was posted in here a while back and should help you

I'm no expert on THCa but I think you need to go Kief -> Rosin (low temp, waxy consistency) -> THCa / Sauce separation

This was posted in here a while back and should help you

Hey thanks @incogn1to
I've tried to press kief with my first 1500 pound press and it was a disaster( just a brick of spent hash) so I am hestitant to try it again ...hoping someone can tell me if they have ever separated the thca in Kief specifically to make diamonds .. Or if it is more of a bud thing .,

Back
Top Bottom