Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

Sorry I must have medicated myself proper last night. I woke up in my lazy-boy...
I’ve tried to make a bunch of prerolls and they dry out after sitting for awhile (even with a 62% humidity pack). I completely understand about being comfortable while smoking. I don’t venture far from home if I’ve been smoking. I just figured they would have something that would blow your socks off since they don’t have to hide in a closet and it’s Vegas. They have a good system for those vapor cartridges. There has got to be away to put rosin in a similar setup...
:passitleft:

Bob Z,
I plan on doing this, hoping it works.

What flavour carts do you guys like as we don’t have anything like this available in the UK. Any popular flavours worth starting with?

On my first outing I am going to go with the original flavor, want the terp taste.

Just had a go at isolating the THCA from some rosin I pressed. Pretty easy really and I’m well cuffed with the results. I’m nervous to try a dab of it! Lol
BA991CB3-84F9-416A-9BF8-9BC5B801B1AC.jpeg
0B4FA440-D57A-4A6B-A66D-D65D5A667EA4.jpeg
9659F398-92FB-48B9-B777-AB4486A3ED84.jpeg
D201D3B2-BF8C-477E-80E0-CE8CB0FFA15B.jpeg
51A92FE8-3ED3-4091-978C-BAF1BC07641D.jpeg

This was my first attempt so I’m no expert but I’ll tell you what I know so far.
Apparently you need a butter consistency rosin to start with. I used a 25 micron bag and put 0.9 grams in the corner of it, folded and cut the excess off. I used doubled up parchment paper and pressed for 30 seconds at 150f, remove bag and place in fresh parchment. I then pressed at 160f for another 30 seconds removed and placed in fresh parchment. After a third press at 170f for 30 seconds I was left with what you see in the pictures (0.4 grams)

Have you tried any yet?

I had a very small dab and it doesn’t really taste of anything just melts and feels smooth on the exhale. Since then I’ve spent the last hour staring at the kitchen wall. Lol It’s potent!

This was my first attempt so I’m no expert but I’ll tell you what I know so far.
Apparently you need a butter consistency rosin to start with. I used a 25 micron bag and put 0.9 grams in the corner of it, folded and cut the excess off. I used doubled up parchment paper and pressed for 30 seconds at 150f, remove bag and place in fresh parchment. I then pressed at 160f for another 30 seconds removed and placed in fresh parchment. After a third press at 170f for 30 seconds I was left with what you see in the pictures (0.4 grams)
That’s wicked! Ive been wanting to try separating THCa since I got my press! You’ve got me excited now looks like I’m gunna have to get my squeeze on tomorrow haha!!

I had a very small dab and it doesn’t really taste of anything just melts and feels smooth on the exhale. Since then I’ve spent the last hour staring at the kitchen wall. Lol It’s potent!
Can you get better lighting on the final product. It’s kind of blurred in your last picture.

I hate being lost in the kitchen...thanks for the pics!

Can you get better lighting on the final product. It’s kind of blurred in your last picture.

These are the only other pictures I have. I’ll try and take some better close ups later.
068DF6AF-555D-4FAE-B8E9-713E5BACE98B.jpeg
295F4C5A-DC96-4FF8-81E9-AA6518BB900A.jpeg

Very nice! Do you lose the terp sauce or are you able to recover it from the parchment?

It seems harder to collect but possible. I scraped what I could and put the leftovers in the freezer for the night.

Outstanding job @Lewydeville

I naturally need to try this. They even had some sauce in Vegas but too expensive.

Thanks GT, you definitely have to try this. Can’t wait to see what you think? I’ve already decided I’m making more.....lots more!:bong:

Back
Top Bottom