HashGirl Grows Runtz Punch & Sugar Black Rose Sponsored By Herbie's

Good afternoon.

I'm excited to announce that @Herbies Seeds sent me some seeds that I'm going to grow for them. However, before we get to that, let me tell you how this all came about.

Early Fall 2021, @Mars Hydro contacted me about doing a sponsored journal for them and offered me a new light. But, I didn't need a light since I already own 3 Mars Hydro FC3000 lights but I really wanted a new tent to replace the 36x36x71 Mars Hydro tent as I hated how short it was and they agreed. However, I wasn't ready to accommodate a new tent until the new year so they were going to send the tent to me at the end of December. Unfortunately, by the time I was able to accommodate the new tent, they were out of stock of the one I wanted, i.e. 48x48x80 so the Mars Hydro sponsorship didn't come to pass at this point in time.

In the meantime, when I thought I was getting a new tent, I contacted Herbie's to see if they would be willing to send me some seeds to grow in a sponsored grow journal. Herbie's breeds their own seeds now and the strain I chose was Runtz Punch (more on that a little later).

After I received the 3 Runtz Punch seeds, I decided I wanted to grow out 2 of them and I would buy 3 other seeds from Herbie's to run 2 of them with the Runtz Punch. But, stupidly, I placed my order when I was high and bought Herbie's Bruce Banner #3, not thinking that the Runtz Punch is an indica and the Bruce Banner is a sativa. If I want an even canopy and I do, it would be better to grow 2 indica strains as opposed to half indica and half sativa.

So, I contacted Herbie's again and asked them if they would mind if I grew the Sugar Black Rose by Delicious Seeds with the Runtz Punch as they were both indicas and they both came from Herbie's and they agreed. All I needed to do was make sure I noted where they came from. :battingeyelashes:

When I made the seed decisions, I had assumed I would be getting a new, bigger tent from Mars-Hydro that would accommodate these plants better than the smaller one did and I still wanted that bigger tent. So, I found the Mars Hydro tent I wanted online and talked to Felonious Punk (my husband) and he agreed so we now have a third 4x4 tent. And, the best part about the tent other than its size is that Felonious is putting it up for me. And, @Bill284 , you'll be happy to hear he's using your Fire Safety post as his guideline.

STRAIN INFO:

RUNTZ PUNCH – Dominant Terpenes are Caryophyllene, Linalool, Limonene, Humulene, Myrcene, Pinene
(Since I had no info on the Runtz Punch terpenes, these are the terpenes listed for the 3 strains that make up Runtz Punch, i.e. Zkittlez x Gelato x Fruit Punch.)

Runtz Punch is made for philosophical ponderings, blissful euphoria, and getting a bedtime body buzz. And that’s not all – it’s also great for breaking tolerance in seasoned stoners. Its secret? This strain packs a real punch at 29% – yes, 29% – THC.

Smoke Review: Effects & Flavor

With a whopping 27-29% THC, Runtz Punch wasn’t bred for the faint of heart. Start slow with this bad boy, even if you’re an experienced toker. Runtz Punch will give you that feeling of being stoned for the first time…but you could end up couch-locked if you don’t take it easy.

Enjoy the complex effects of Runtz Punch’s impressive genetics, balancing a deep body high with an inspired creative rush. Get lost in artistic pursuits, and don’t be surprised if you wind up making a masterpiece. Thanks to its 70% indica genetics and high THC level, Runtz Punch can calm an anxious body and tuck you into bed nicely.

This strain tastes as sweet as it feels – expect a rich, creamy flavor that makes tokes delightful. Allow delicate hints of tropical fruit to fill your senses on the exhale, thanks to Runtz Punch’s premium genetics. Enjoy the powerful aroma of tangerine and lavender terpenes, which add a refreshing smell that balances the strain’s earthiness.

Runtz Punch is ideal for beginners – the only downside is that you might grow too much! Runtz Punch is stupidly easy to grow and will fit the majority of indoor grow setups, reaching a maximum height of 120cm (47 inches). Expect a dense plant with strong, thick branches that are rich with luscious dark green bud: one plant will yield 600g/m² (2oz/ft²) indoors, while Runtz Punch yields a hefty 1kg (35oz) per plant outdoors.

Our fine-tuned genetics give Runtz Punch a high quantity of resin that’s packed full of terpenes and cannabinoids. You might want to keep some buds to the side to make hash or other concentrates.

Runtz Punch is already pretty compact, making it ideal for stealthy growers. To make sure you’ll maintain a plant height that fits your grow space, use LST, HST, and SCROG techniques.

If you’re growing this strain in pots, Runtz Punch will thrive in a final pot of 20-30 liters (5.2-7.9 US gallons). This will help the roots develop properly.

The seeds went into water yesterday morning and as you can see in the last photo, taproots are already sprouting. So, instead of putting in paper towel like I normally do, I planted them in peat pucks and put them under a dome with lighting above.

SUGAR BLACK ROSE EARLY VERSION – Dominant Terpenes include Caryophyllene, Terpineol, Phellandrene, Linalool

The best example of the Domina phenotype, Sugar Black Rose Early Version is an easy-to-grow, forgiving strain. Its buds look like dark green Christmas trees, with bright orange hairs and a sticky coat of resin to finish it off. But this strain is more than its shelf appeal and big yields: its THC level of 25% delivers a deliciously soothing, nausea-eradicating full-body stone.

Genetics

This feminized marijuana strain is an early version of Sugar Black Rose, which itself is a cross between Critical Mass and the 1998 Black Domina. The latter strain is particularly desirable and has helped make Sugar Black Rose Early Version arguably the best Domina phenotype. Just like Black Domina, Sugar Black Rose Early Version has a range of medicinal uses, like treating insomnia. With a THC level of 25%, Sugar Black Rose Early Version hits hard but isn’t overwhelming.

Flowering Time

Cut your flower time in half! Sugar Black Rose Early Version sits up there as one of Herbies’ fastest flowering strains. Wait for just 45 days of flowering to harvest huge yields indoors – meanwhile, the strain’s outdoor finishing time is early September.

Yield

With proper care, Sugar Black Rose Early Version provides an out-of-this-world yield compared to its compact height. You can expect to yield about 450g/m2 (1.47oz/ft2) indoors and up to 900g (31.7oz) of bud outdoors. Even in the open, your plant will stay relatively compact, making this strain a great, discreet option for a big harvest.

Effects

Sugar Black Rose Early Version is a feminized cannabis variety that hits consumers with effects that are instantaneous but long-lasting. As an indica-dominant strain (about 80% indica, 20% sativa), it leads to mild cerebral stimulation along with a very relaxing body high.

Medical Properties

Sugar Black Rose Early Version is famous for its medicinal properties. Many fans of this strain use it for relieving stress, soothing pain, and easing gastrointestinal problems like nausea.

THC and CBD Level

This strain’s sticky buds come with a super high THC level of 25%. Its high amount of THC means that this is a strain best enjoyed recreationally in the evenings or on days off, or by medicinal users looking for a strong, soothing effect.

Smell and Taste

Your taste buds are about to go on an adventure, because Sugar Black Rose Early Version’s terpene profile is extraordinary – it’s precisely what makes this strain so highly valued. The buds themselves smell very sweet and citrusy, while on first taste, users are more likely to note a grape flavor and the slightest hint of skunk. Its flavors shift again after the exhale, when you’ll be left with a pleasantly spicy and sweet aftertaste.

Grow Tips

Sugar Black Rose Early Version is a feminized cannabis strain that’s highly resistant to pests and molds and is generally easy to grow. It can be harvested after 45 days indoors, or in early September when grown outdoors.

Plants are generally small and compact when grown indoors. Even when grown outdoors, it tends to be wider than it is tall, making it a good choice for growers who need something discreet that won’t peek over the neighbors’ fences. Buds are quite pungent, so indoor grows need proper ventilation.

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

- indoors

If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?

4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Tent

Medium?

- ProMix

Pots & Sizes?

- 5 gallon cloth pots

Size of light?

- Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED

Are they aircooled?

- Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?

- It's approximately 75F in the tents but the seeds will be under an LED light until they're bigger.

RH of Room/cab?

- 31% currently

PH of media or res?

- N/A

Type and strength of ferts used?

I will be using MegaCrop for this grow.

Supplements?

I will be using @DYNOMYCO, Grotek Grosilic and Cal-Mag.

So, I have a new tent and new seeds and a new journal so let's get this party started.

Good afternoon.

I'm excited to announce that @Herbies Seeds sent me some seeds that I'm going to grow for them. However, before we get to that, let me tell you how this all came about.

Early Fall 2021, @Mars Hydro contacted me about doing a sponsored journal for them and offered me a new light. But, I didn't need a light since I already own 3 Mars Hydro FC3000 lights but I really wanted a new tent to replace the 36x36x71 Mars Hydro tent as I hated how short it was and they agreed. However, I wasn't ready to accommodate a new tent until the new year so they were going to send the tent to me at the end of December. Unfortunately, by the time I was able to accommodate the new tent, they were out of stock of the one I wanted, i.e. 48x48x80 so the Mars Hydro sponsorship didn't come to pass at this point in time.

In the meantime, when I thought I was getting a new tent, I contacted Herbie's to see if they would be willing to send me some seeds to grow in a sponsored grow journal. Herbie's breeds their own seeds now and the strain I chose was Runtz Punch (more on that a little later).

After I received the 3 Runtz Punch seeds, I decided I wanted to grow out 2 of them and I would buy 3 other seeds from Herbie's to run 2 of them with the Runtz Punch. But, stupidly, I placed my order when I was high and bought Herbie's Bruce Banner #3, not thinking that the Runtz Punch is an indica and the Bruce Banner is a sativa. If I want an even canopy and I do, it would be better to grow 2 indica strains as opposed to half indica and half sativa.

So, I contacted Herbie's again and asked them if they would mind if I grew the Sugar Black Rose by Delicious Seeds with the Runtz Punch as they were both indicas and they both came from Herbie's and they agreed. All I needed to do was make sure I noted where they came from. :battingeyelashes:

When I made the seed decisions, I had assumed I would be getting a new, bigger tent from Mars-Hydro that would accommodate these plants better than the smaller one did and I still wanted that bigger tent. So, I found the Mars Hydro tent I wanted on Amazon and talked to Felonious Punk (my husband) and he agreed so we now have a third 4x4 tent. And, the best part about the tent other than its size is that Felonious is putting it up for me. And, @Bill284 , you'll be happy to hear he's using your Fire Safety post as his guideline.

STRAIN INFO:

RUNTZ PUNCH – Dominant Terpenes are Caryophyllene, Linalool, Limonene, Humulene, Myrcene, Pinene
(Since I had no info on the Runtz Punch terpenes, these are the terpenes listed for the 3 strains that make up Runtz Punch, i.e. Zkittlez x Gelato x Fruit Punch.)

Runtz Punch is made for philosophical ponderings, blissful euphoria, and getting a bedtime body buzz. And that’s not all – it’s also great for breaking tolerance in seasoned stoners. Its secret? This strain packs a real punch at 29% – yes, 29% – THC.

With a whopping 27-29% THC, Runtz Punch wasn’t bred for the faint of heart. Start slow with this bad boy, even if you’re an experienced toker. Runtz Punch will give you that feeling of being stoned for the first time…but you could end up couch-locked if you don’t take it easy.

Enjoy the complex effects of Runtz Punch’s impressive genetics, balancing a deep body high with an inspired creative rush. Get lost in artistic pursuits, and don’t be surprised if you wind up making a masterpiece. Thanks to its 70% indica genetics and high THC level, Runtz Punch can calm an anxious body and tuck you into bed nicely.

This strain tastes as sweet as it feels – expect a rich, creamy flavor that makes tokes delightful. Allow delicate hints of tropical fruit to fill your senses on the exhale, thanks to Runtz Punch’s premium genetics. Enjoy the powerful aroma of tangerine and lavender terpenes, which add a refreshing smell that balances the strain’s earthiness.

Runtz Punch is ideal for beginners – the only downside is that you might grow too much! Runtz Punch is stupidly easy to grow and will fit the majority of indoor grow setups, reaching a maximum height of 120cm (47 inches). Expect a dense plant with strong, thick branches that are rich with luscious dark green bud: one plant will yield 600g/m² (2oz/ft²) indoors, while Runtz Punch yields a hefty 1kg (35oz) per plant outdoors.

Our fine-tuned genetics give Runtz Punch a high quantity of resin that’s packed full of terpenes and cannabinoids. You might want to keep some buds to the side to make hash or other concentrates.

Runtz Punch is already pretty compact, making it ideal for stealthy growers. To make sure you’ll maintain a plant height that fits your grow space, use LST, HST, and SCROG techniques.

If you’re growing this strain in pots, Runtz Punch will thrive in a final pot of 20-30 liters (5.2-7.9 US gallons). This will help the roots develop properly.

The seeds went into water yesterday morning and as you can see in the last photo, taproots are already sprouting. So, instead of putting in paper towel like I normally do, I planted them in peat pucks and put them under a dome with lighting above.

SUGAR BLACK ROSE EARLY VERSION – Dominant Terpenes include Caryophyllene, Terpineol, Phellandrene, Linalool

The best example of the Domina phenotype, Sugar Black Rose Early Version is an easy-to-grow, forgiving strain. Its buds look like dark green Christmas trees, with bright orange hairs and a sticky coat of resin to finish it off. But this strain is more than its shelf appeal and big yields: its THC level of 25% delivers a deliciously soothing, nausea-eradicating full-body stone.

Genetics

This feminized marijuana strain is an early version of Sugar Black Rose, which itself is a cross between Critical Mass and the 1998 Black Domina. The latter strain is particularly desirable and has helped make Sugar Black Rose Early Version arguably the best Domina phenotype. Just like Black Domina, Sugar Black Rose Early Version has a range of medicinal uses, like treating insomnia. With a THC level of 25%, Sugar Black Rose Early Version hits hard but isn’t overwhelming.

Flowering Time

Cut your flower time in half! Sugar Black Rose Early Version sits up there as one of Herbies’ fastest flowering strains. Wait for just 45 days of flowering to harvest huge yields indoors – meanwhile, the strain’s outdoor finishing time is early September.

Yield

With proper care, Sugar Black Rose Early Version provides an out-of-this-world yield compared to its compact height. You can expect to yield about 450g/m2 (1.47oz/ft2) indoors and up to 900g (31.7oz) of bud outdoors. Even in the open, your plant will stay relatively compact, making this strain a great, discreet option for a big harvest.

Effects

Sugar Black Rose Early Version is a feminized cannabis variety that hits consumers with effects that are instantaneous but long-lasting. As an indica-dominant strain (about 80% indica, 20% sativa), it leads to mild cerebral stimulation along with a very relaxing body high.

Medical Properties

Sugar Black Rose Early Version is famous for its medicinal properties. Many fans of this strain use it for relieving stress, soothing pain, and easing gastrointestinal problems like nausea.

THC and CBD Level

This strain’s sticky buds come with a super high THC level of 25%. Its high amount of THC means that this is a strain best enjoyed recreationally in the evenings or on days off, or by medicinal users looking for a strong, soothing effect.

Smell and Taste

Your taste buds are about to go on an adventure, because Sugar Black Rose Early Version’s terpene profile is extraordinary – it’s precisely what makes this strain so highly valued. The buds themselves smell very sweet and citrusy, while on first taste, users are more likely to note a grape flavor and the slightest hint of skunk. Its flavors shift again after the exhale, when you’ll be left with a pleasantly spicy and sweet aftertaste.

Grow Tips

Sugar Black Rose Early Version is a feminized cannabis strain that’s highly resistant to pests and molds and is generally easy to grow. It can be harvested after 45 days indoors, or in early September when grown outdoors.

Plants are generally small and compact when grown indoors. Even when grown outdoors, it tends to be wider than it is tall, making it a good choice for growers who need something discreet that won’t peek over the neighbors’ fences. Buds are quite pungent, so indoor grows need proper ventilation.

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

- indoors

4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Tent

Medium?

- ProMix

Pots & Sizes?

- 5 gallon cloth pots

Size of light?

Are they aircooled?

- Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?

- It's approximately 75F in the tents but the seeds will be under an LED light until they're bigger.

RH of Room/cab?

- 31% currently

PH of media or res?

- N/A

Supplements?

So, I have a new tent and new seeds and a new journal so let's get this party started.
Absolutely brilliant. :green_heart:

Stay safe
Bill

Nice looking choice of strains and you can’t go wrong with a brand new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent.

I haven’t checked out one of your grows before so I figured this would be a great place to start! Good luck with everything!

Nice intro to what will undoubtedly be a great grow,HG!

Good afternoon.

When I made the seed decisions, I had assumed I would be getting a new, bigger tent from Mars-Hydro that would accommodate these plants better than the smaller one did and I still wanted that bigger tent. So, I found the Mars Hydro tent I wanted online and talked to Felonious Punk (my husband) and he agreed so we now have a third 4x4 tent. And, the best part about the tent other than its size is that Felonious is putting it up for me. And, @Bill284 , you'll be happy to hear he's using your Fire Safety post as his guideline.

STRAIN INFO:

Genetics

Flowering Time

Yield

Effects

Medical Properties

THC and CBD Level

Smell and Taste

Grow Tips

OTHER INFO:

Indoor or outdoor?

- indoors

4x4x6.5 Mars Hydro Tent

Medium?

- ProMix

Pots & Sizes?

- 5 gallon cloth pots

Size of light?

Are they aircooled?

- Yes.

Temp of Room/cab?

RH of Room/cab?

- 31% currently

PH of media or res?

- N/A

Supplements?

Awesome. Nice start. Psyched to see this Runtz Punch go. Excellent strains, you'll be nice and fruity and dank with those. Powerful choices too, I love it. New tent looks great! Gotta love them before we mess them all up. Welcome to the land of multiple journals at one time!

Absolutely brilliant. :green_heart:

Stay safe
Bill

:thanks:

I like the look of those strains. I'll be watching if you don't mind.

Nice looking choice of strains and you can’t go wrong with a brand new Mars Hydro 4x4 tent.

I haven’t checked out one of your grows before so I figured this would be a great place to start! Good luck with everything!

:welcome: to both of you to my journal. The more the merrier.

Sweet I will enjoy following this journal. :reading420magazine:
I just recently got some Bruce Banner autos started.

Nice to see you back, Nev. Did you go away for Christmas? I missed you. :hug:

What an excellent, well written introduction. Do you mind if I tag along?

Thank you, Paul. I would love to have you follow along.

Nice intro to what will undoubtedly be a great grow,HG!

Thanks, Carcass. I'm happy you're here.

That sugar black rose is some good stuff. Grew it before. I really liked it

:welcome: to my journal 7D2! Thanks for the feedback on the Sugar Black Rose. I hope I like it, too.

Sounds like some nice potent cultivars! Excellent!

Thanks, DB.

Yes, I hope they are potent. I :love: potent.

Awesome. Nice start. Psyched to see this Runtz Punch go. Excellent strains, you'll be nice and fruity and dank with those. Powerful choices too, I love it. New tent looks great! Gotta love them before we mess them all up.

Thanks, Jon. I'm hoping to get lots of fruity smells from the tent (s).

Welcome to the land of multiple journals at one time!

Thanks, Jon. I only have 2 journals, which is one less than I had last summer so I think I'm good. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on all your new gear!
It looks great.
Nice opening HG.
Bring on the meds!

Thanks, Donkey. I'm happy you're here.

:popcorn::bongrip::hug::green_heart: Nice way to start the new year:theband:r

Thanks, dynamo. I'm happy you're here.

:thumb:

I've always used the paper towels for seeds that didn't pop in the water after a couple of days to keep them moist but not swimming.

I figure they had absorbed all the water they'd need after a couple of days and if they needed more time to pop the paper towels can give you a moist environment but more like germinating in the garden. They don't sit in a puddle in the garden, so after a good soaking, there should be no need to keep them swimming.

I think you'll like this new method quite well.

Good luck with the grow! :goodluck:

Highya HG,

Love your beginning! Lots of info, very interesting! Also, entertaining! Both strains have great qualities! I hope they perform well for you!! Would love a smoke report, but now is not the time, haha. Happy Smokin'

:thumb:

I've always used the paper towels for seeds that didn't pop in the water after a couple of days to keep them moist but not swimming.

I figure they had absorbed all the water they'd need after a couple of days and if they needed more time to pop the paper towels can give you a moist environment but more like germinating in the garden. They don't sit in a puddle in the garden, so after a good soaking, there should be no need to keep them swimming.

I think you'll like this new method quite well.

Good luck with the grow! :goodluck:

Highya HG,

Love your beginning! Lots of info, very interesting! Also, entertaining! Both strains have great qualities! I hope they perform well for you!! Would love a smoke report, but now is not the time, haha. Happy Smokin'

:welcome: to my new grow journal, gentlemen. I'm happy you're both here.

Back
Top Bottom