Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

@Doc Bud looking for some guidance on my current Maui Waui grow please.

I’m a little lost as to what my Maui’s want andor lack. It’s Day 30 of Flower.

A little timeline on them. 3 of the 4 spent 11.5 weeks in Veg in 1 Gal pots. Got a little pissed. I was able to veg them for 3.5 weeks more in the 10s and they straightened out a fair bit.

It’s first run soil and I have been feeding lightly. Around 7.5ml to 10ml per gallon of water used for each TP/GE Drench. And Brix only once every 10-12days. They have just gotten Cat Drench #1 24-48hours ago.

Next up is Plain RO. Then GE+tea.

I see slight fading or yellowing on the tops if 3/4 plants. All the older ones. The young one is very healthy and I’m not worried about her in the least.

There is also rust coloured veins and spots and tips on these 3 older girls. I have given them a SO+Brix 24 hours ago a day after the Cats. To help remedy as per @Duggan

I just wanna know if I should strengthen TPS or GE’s? Or give the Brix’s closer to the 7-10d mark. I was reluctant to do these changes as I thought I may harm them more.

Here is some pictures for visuals.

14654D4C-E214-4A28-97CE-07A146BF9E67.jpeg

47DD22F5-17FE-47C5-BC39-B62718C3620F.jpeg

That’s about as bad as this is but I’m just wanting to know how to Treat them when I am seeing fans like these. I was thinking More GE. Any help is great. Cheers gang :ganjamon:

@Doc Bud looking for some guidance on my current Maui Waui grow please.

I’m a little lost as to what my Maui’s want andor lack. It’s Day 30 of Flower.

A little timeline on them. 3 of the 4 spent 11.5 weeks in Veg in 1 Gal pots. Got a little pissed. I was able to veg them for 3.5 weeks more in the 10s and they straightened out a fair bit.

It’s first run soil and I have been feeding lightly. Around 7.5ml to 10ml per gallon of water used for each TP/GE Drench. And Brix only once every 10-12days. They have just gotten Cat Drench #1 24-48hours ago.

Next up is Plain RO. Then GE+tea.

I see slight fading or yellowing on the tops if 3/4 plants. All the older ones. The young one is very healthy and I’m not worried about her in the least.

There is also rust coloured veins and spots and tips on these 3 older girls. I have given them a SO+Brix 24 hours ago a day after the Cats. To help remedy as per @Duggan

I just wanna know if I should strengthen TPS or GE’s? Or give the Brix’s closer to the 7-10d mark. I was reluctant to do these changes as I thought I may harm them more.

Here is some pictures for visuals.

14654D4C-E214-4A28-97CE-07A146BF9E67.jpeg

47DD22F5-17FE-47C5-BC39-B62718C3620F.jpeg

That’s about as bad as this is but I’m just wanting to know how to Treat them when I am seeing fans like these. I was thinking More GE. Any help is great. Cheers gang :ganjamon:

The 3 bladed leaves suggest photoperiod stress or perhaps topping too late.

The purple suggest phosphorus issues, which in our medium is usually caused from too low of temps.

Suggested "fix":

1. Up temps about 4 degrees for a week, then lower 2 degrees. Keep night temps at around 70 degrees.
2. Pruned the lower parts of the plant. No more supercropping, bending, etc.
3. Rescue Drench after the higher temps have been in place for 3 days or more.

You've already done the foliar application exactly right, so be patient there and things should come around, although the 3-bladed stuff probably won't improve at this point. The buds can still be fantastic, however.

Thanks for the assistance Doc. I’ll follow those guides and report back with the results. I thought the 3/5 bladed leafs were cool and part of the genetics :rofl: Ah well And great diagnosis.

the 3 plants that have this issue of fading or yellowing leafs Started life at my cousins condo 30min drive from me. Veg under 18/6. For 2 months. Then I had to bring that grow to my home. He was trying to travel and I wasn’t willing to go there 2-3 times a week to babysit. Told him better move the 5x5 to my basement if I was to be the caretaker. Before they got bigger.

They came to my place and were changed to 16/8 Lighting. Now I set them to 12/12 flower and I was intending to lower this slowly in a week or two. Down to 11/13. 15mins a week for 4 weeks. I can also turn the main light HLG550 up more from 240w to 480w. Would you advise a light increase ? or not now wait for the results ?

The breeder stated these like warm climates and do well in high temps. 82.5f is the highest recorded temp in that tent. Lows are never under 70 so that is good always 70-72. Highs are usually 79-80 but can peak a couple degrees higher. I will adjust.

Cheers Doc thanks again for the support

Thanks for the assistance Doc. I’ll follow those guides and report back with the results. I thought the 3/5 bladed leafs were cool and part of the genetics :rofl: Ah well And great diagnosis.

the 3 plants that have this issue of fading or yellowing leafs Started life at my cousins condo 30min drive from me. Veg under 18/6. For 2 months. Then I had to bring that grow to my home. He was trying to travel and I wasn’t willing to go there 2-3 times a week to babysit. Told him better move the 5x5 to my basement if I was to be the caretaker. Before they got bigger.

They came to my place and were changed to 16/8 Lighting. Now I set them to 12/12 flower and I was intending to lower this slowly in a week or two. Down to 11/13. 15mins a week for 4 weeks. I can also turn the main light HLG550 up more from 240w to 480w. Would you advise a light increase ? or not now wait for the results ?

The breeder stated these like warm climates and do well in high temps. 82.5f is the highest recorded temp in that tent. Lows are never under 70 so that is good always 70-72. Highs are usually 79-80 but can peak a couple degrees higher. I will adjust.

Cheers Doc thanks again for the support

I suspect your lights came on about an hour and half different than when they were at your cousins....hence the photoperiod stress.

they'll grow. They'll produce. and next time they'll be even better.

Hi DK! Assuming your going to be using Docs Kit, yes? Then I'd veg 2 or 3 in 1s then move to 7s or 10s. If 7s, you could probably fit 3 and if 10s then 2 would fill the space for sure. As for transplanting, you can do it when it suits you BUT docs method would have you grow in the 1s for close to 2 months until they're drinking every day or 2 which means you'll have a serious root system. Size at this point is strain dependant but they could be 2 1/2 feet tall or more. Up can and flip same day. Of course you can train the plants in the 1s to keep them shorter.

Good luck!

:passitleft:

Yes, I was saying when using Doc’s kit. Im really trying to keep plant material down to keep from having to prune. I will keep my plants short as possible with topping. I’m going for uncle bens 4 colas or may mainline for 8-16 colas. I really don’t want gigantic plants. I can fit 3x 10 gallon totes comfortably and they are shorter than the 7 gallons to give me more room for plant growth. I can actually fit 4 x 7 gallon. I’m not growing trees or bushes like you guys/gals.

Yes, I was saying when using Doc’s kit. Im really trying to keep plant material down to keep from having to prune. I will keep my plants short as possible with topping. I’m going for uncle bens 4 colas or may mainline for 8-16 colas. I really don’t want gigantic plants. I can fit 3x 10 gallon totes comfortably and they are shorter than the 7 gallons to give me more room for plant growth. I can actually fit 4 x 7 gallon. I’m not growing trees or bushes like you guys/gals.
Do some strain research and plan for your space

Entirely dependent on the strain.

Unless your like me and Like to see if you can. Have yet to find one I cant keep under that height
Honestly this last run I may have over done it on my Purple Haze x MALAWI (100% sativa) should finish 15 weeks
under 2 feet total

any suggestions on something thats out of control crazy stretch wise ;)

Just up my alley Love a challenge. Doing a fast search seems there are a few
starter kits I can use to get my interest seeded

OH I did get a batch of Mushrooms going back in the mid 70's using a home made
gloved and sealed windowed sterile box. So maybe some hope ;)

Google still air box
shroom growers use them all the time
I have one and grown a few cubes from prints I got in the wild.
Good luck my brother
Also Bodi on another forum if you google that name it will get you there he has lots of tutorials on sterile tech

Unless your like me and Like to see if you can. Have yet to find one I cant keep under that height
Honestly this last run I may have over done it on my Purple Haze x MALAWI (100% sativa) should finish 15 weeks
under 2 feet total

any suggestions on something thats out of control crazy stretch wise ;)

So with your experience, do you have any tips? How do you go about keeping them low?...I just don’t want to scrog, just haven’t grasped it and if you don’t know your stretch it’s more complicated right? I don’t want to grow them as big as you? How long does it normally take you to train a plant for flower??? I want to get the most out of my space. Look like you might be the best one to help me figure this.

So with your experience, do you have any tips? How do you go about keeping them low?...I just don’t want to scrog, just haven’t grasped it and if you don’t know your stretch it’s more complicated right? I don’t want to grow them as big as you? How long does it normally take you to train a plant for flower??? I want to get the most out of my space. Look like you might be the best one to help me figure this.

PLEASE NOT This is not recommended and only my stubborn insistence to do things different.
so best advice would be to get a few basic runs first

SCROG is my approach but still refining the VEG LST process
8 week Veg OR daily watering in 1 gal starter pots.

Only 1 up-pot from the 1 gal to 10 gal pots

i start time change at Up-Pot to 10 gal plastic, takes approx 2 weeks for first pistils
Guawi 85 % Sativa Ran
Day 152 from Pop and 83 days in Flower (Harvested starting week 13 Flower)

PLEASE NOT This is not recommended and only my stubborn insistence to do things different.
so best advice would be to get a few basic runs first

SCROG is my approach but still refining the VEG LST process
8 week Veg OR daily watering in 1 gal starter pots.

Only 1 up-pot from the 1 gal to 10 gal pots

i start time change at Up-Pot to 10 gal plastic, takes approx 2 weeks for first pistils
Guawi 85 % Sativa Ran
Day 152 from Pop and 83 days in Flower (Harvested starting week 13 Flower)
That's why I said "anything is possible" cause it truly is. Your style is definitely proof of that.

It is definitely a bit of a crazy style, but super interesting to watch happen. Respect!

Back
Top Bottom