Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Oh shit that really sux i always end up getting bad luck wen it comes to things like this lmao. I think from now on im jus guna start gettn single kits worth of things it makes it easier to divide out for me plus i dnt then gotta deal with the issue of it getting humidity in it or what ever ya no.
I can pm you a pic of how I measure out my amendment with a little plastic cup
Ok guys so im having slight issues with the leaves going slightly yellow on some of the branches can any1 help me out or should i do a rescue drench? These are autos if tht matters idk.

Those plants look hungry, rescue drench then let dry out and continue normal regiment. That’s what my girls looked like when I wasn’t feed enough drench per gallon of soil, I think specifically for me it was Growth drench I was too light on

I always order straight from Doc. AKA Cannapharms. Not one error by him in 7 yrs. of ordering his stuff.... :surf:
You still email your orders and not through amazon? I think I should just start doing this because I end up always emailing anyways to get the promo added to my order so might as well just do it all in one?

Amendment is 1.5 pounds per batch of soil.

Oh ok idk where i got the numbers from but thanx lol.

I also used the recharge pack to recook some used first round soil cause doc said its pretty much the same stuff as round 1 ammendment. But i only had like 36 gallons of used soil an i didnt have enough sunshine #4 to fill it back up but figured i could jus throw some in next week wen i get my check. Or i could throw in some plain PM i have to try an fill it the rest of the way but its a cheaper pm with big chunks of wood is it ok to mix them like tht?

But since last time it ended up looking like my plants had to much organic matter i only used 25 gallon of ewc this time instead of 30 like the last time. Is that a gud idea or shud i add in those last 5 pounds? Oh and i took out as much of the big chunks of wood i could find and most of the root mass i cud get as well as i sifted threw the used soil breaking it up.

The reason i had to take out chunks of wood is cause i used sunshine mix #4 an i dnt think its as gud as promix or sumthn. Or maybe i jus got a shity batch an it didnt get broken down enough idk eitherway i figured it wud be a gud idea to try an remove some organic matter this round an see how the girls do that round.

I can pm you a pic of how I measure out my amendment with a little plastic cup

Those plants look hungry, rescue drench then let dry out and continue normal regiment. That’s what my girls looked like when I wasn’t feed enough drench per gallon of soil, I think specifically for me it was Growth drench I was too light on

I dont think its not enuf drench per say but in how often i was feeding ive been really busy this grow an so wasnt around as often as i like. An let a few days xtra go in between feedings. But now got it to every 5 or 6 days doing a feeding/drench. U think i shud hit them with the cats that also mite be the issues cause its time to start them what u think?

Ok so if its 1.5 pounds thats 680 grams tht leaves me with 136 grams left over so i was jus winder is the bulk kit supposed to be 4 kits worth or jus 2?
I'm not certain how much is in the bulk kit. I just toss it in the container I store it in when I get it. I'm thinking it is supposed to be 2 kits worth.
What are the thoughts of doing a 1/4 GI between feedings after week 6 of bloom? Instead of 1/4 TP. :Namaste:
The 1/4 trans is to keep the microbes happy between drenches. The GI doesn't do that.

I've added a bit between just to see what it does, but I haven't seen anything from extra GI unless the plant is craving nitrogen.

I'm not certain how much is in the bulk kit. I just toss it in the container I store it in when I get it. I'm thinking it is supposed to be 2 kits worth.

The 1/4 trans is to keep the microbes happy between drenches. The GI doesn't do that.

I've added a bit between just to see what it does, but I haven't seen anything from extra GI unless the plant is craving nitrogen.

Ok thank god i was like ohhh man im really confused lmao. Cause I figured it wuda been like the bulk kit where its cor 4 kits right or is that only two as well? Eitherway that really helpd me out lol. I feel like im getting the hang of how to work the kit this last run. But there are still a few little details i need to learn like can i start plants in little one gallon pots or smaller of 3rd round soil. Then when it comes time to transplant to bigger final pots could i transplant them to 2nd round soil. Its the little details stuff like that that i still confused about lol. But i think ill have this down pat by the next grow forsure :rofl: . But yea thanx guys for all the help so far i really appreciate it. An also thank you to all u guys for stayn patient with me as i ask all these dumb simple questions. Or if i ask them more then once lol.

But yea here is what ive been able 2 do so far with autos using the kit. Up first is a Rhino Ryder auto from fast buds. These all will be fast bud autos.

Then a Zkittles auto she is really starting to bulk up the buds now. Not as much as the Rhino lol. But still she will get there an so far things are lookn gud.

Then here is my Bluedream auto. She is the farthest behind of the 3. But ive growen this one b4 an she jus takes alil time. An then all of a sudden at the end stages she jus explodes an the buds fatten up lol.

But yea u think i should hit these guys with the cats now? Even tho its only the start of the third week they been flowering?

Awesome! Thank you I’ll stick with the 1/4tp

Came across this study today and thought you guys and gals would like to see it.

The relationship between light intensity, cannabis yields, and profitability

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to analyze the relationship between light intensity, cannabis yields, and profitability. We also look for evidence that spectrum differences across broad‐spectrum, horticulture lights and general‐purpose LEDs impact the relationship between yield and light intensity. Finally, we discuss the financial return of increasing light intensity in order to increase yields. We find that yields increase linearly with light intensity up to at least 1500 εmols/m2 s, which is at least twice the intensity that is most commonly used by cannabis growers. That relationship did not appear to be influenced by spectrum quality differences across the lamps included in the study. Finally, for all the intensity ranges that we considered, the value of the gain in yields from increasing light intensity far exceeded the cost of using more electricity.

Link to actual report: The Profitability of Growing Cannabis Under High Intensity Light by James Eaves, Stephen Eaves, Chad Morphy, Chris Murray :: SSRN

Conclusion
Our results show a positive, apparently linear relationship between intensity and yields continues to at least 1498 μmols/m2· s, which is over twice the level provided by an HPS fixture in the grow configuration that is currently the industry standard. Moreover, holding light intensity constant, regarding yields, all the lamps spectrums appear to perform equally well. In other worlds, we find no evidence that the HPS lamp’s spectrum or the various tuned spectrums offered by specialty horticulture LED lights increase yields compared to a general- purpose, broad-spectrum LED lamp. It may be the case that spectrum tuning impacts the chemical profile of the flower, but that question went beyond the scope of this study. Finally, the Master Grower judged that all the LED treatments for each run took about five fewer days to reach peak ripeness compared to the HPS treatments.

Thanks, the research and seeing the result is what makes it fun for me :high-five:

Thinking I may go the TISSUE CULTURE route

I looked into tissue culture a few years ago and could not find anyone who was successful at it, plus the equipment needed to outfit a proper lab was a bit pricey at the time. You'll need a flow bench with hepa filtration and lots of sterile lab gear.

Certainly not impossible, but not something the "average" grower has at his/her disposal.

Came across this study today and thought you guys and gals would like to see it.

The relationship between light intensity, cannabis yields, and profitability

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to analyze the relationship between light intensity, cannabis yields, and profitability. We also look for evidence that spectrum differences across broad‐spectrum, horticulture lights and general‐purpose LEDs impact the relationship between yield and light intensity. Finally, we discuss the financial return of increasing light intensity in order to increase yields. We find that yields increase linearly with light intensity up to at least 1500 εmols/m2 s, which is at least twice the intensity that is most commonly used by cannabis growers. That relationship did not appear to be influenced by spectrum quality differences across the lamps included in the study. Finally, for all the intensity ranges that we considered, the value of the gain in yields from increasing light intensity far exceeded the cost of using more electricity.

Link to actual report: The Profitability of Growing Cannabis Under High Intensity Light by James Eaves, Stephen Eaves, Chad Morphy, Chris Murray :: SSRN

Conclusion
Our results show a positive, apparently linear relationship between intensity and yields continues to at least 1498 μmols/m2· s, which is over twice the level provided by an HPS fixture in the grow configuration that is currently the industry standard. Moreover, holding light intensity constant, regarding yields, all the lamps spectrums appear to perform equally well. In other worlds, we find no evidence that the HPS lamp’s spectrum or the various tuned spectrums offered by specialty horticulture LED lights increase yields compared to a general- purpose, broad-spectrum LED lamp. It may be the case that spectrum tuning impacts the chemical profile of the flower, but that question went beyond the scope of this study. Finally, the Master Grower judged that all the LED treatments for each run took about five fewer days to reach peak ripeness compared to the HPS treatments.

My anecdotal, personal experience bears out what they're saying. I always used at least twice as much light as recommended by all light manufacturers.....especially LED's.

I know you don’t actually have to understand the kit deep in detail, just follow directions but I want to know what does cat drench actually do? And from my understanding it kind of halts production momentarily. How would you use it on longer flowering strains? Would I give another catch drench a few weeks after the first? Could cat drench limit stretch?

I know you don’t actually have to understand the kit deep in detail, just follow directions but I want to know what does cat drench actually do? And from my understanding it kind of halts production momentarily. How would you use it on longer flowering strains? Would I give another catch drench a few weeks after the first? Could cat drench limit stretch?
The Cat drench stimulates reproduction. With Cannabis, this means pistils, calyx and resin. Especially the resin. It doesn't "halt" anything. Use it as directed on my website!

Ok thank god i was like ohhh man im really confused lmao. Cause I figured it wuda been like the bulk kit where its cor 4 kits right or is that only two as well? Eitherway that really helpd me out lol. I feel like im getting the hang of how to work the kit this last run. But there are still a few little details i need to learn like can i start plants in little one gallon pots or smaller of 3rd round soil. Then when it comes time to transplant to bigger final pots could i transplant them to 2nd round soil. Its the little details stuff like that that i still confused about lol. But i think ill have this down pat by the next grow forsure :rofl: . But yea thanx guys for all the help so far i really appreciate it. An also thank you to all u guys for stayn patient with me as i ask all these dumb simple questions. Or if i ask them more then once lol.

But yea here is what ive been able 2 do so far with autos using the kit. Up first is a Rhino Ryder auto from fast buds. These all will be fast bud autos.

Then a Zkittles auto she is really starting to bulk up the buds now. Not as much as the Rhino lol. But still she will get there an so far things are lookn gud.

Then here is my Bluedream auto. She is the farthest behind of the 3. But ive growen this one b4 an she jus takes alil time. An then all of a sudden at the end stages she jus explodes an the buds fatten up lol.

But yea u think i should hit these guys with the cats now? Even tho its only the start of the third week they been flowering?
I try to aim for three weeks after pistols show, which would put yours right at that point.

I've not seen specifics over up potting into other runs of soil, but I've done it regularly without issues.
Some of us use a second batch of cats on long flowering strains. I personally don't bother unless it's a strain that's going to go more than 16 weeks. At that point you're almost double the length of the average strain most people run, which is why I picked that particular point. @neikodog does as well, but I'm not certain what length of strain he's looking at before he'll do a second round of cats.

Back
Top Bottom