High Priest's, Soil, Shiva Shanti II, Grow Journal

Update: Week 12
Strain: Shiva Shanti II (75% Indica)
Stage: Flowering (started on week 4)
First date in Soil: 11th October
Soil mix: General soil (vege soil + manure with ph 6.8) and a layer of pebbles on the bottom of pot
Pot Size: Medium size about 1 Gallon
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 700 watts LED (started on Week4)
Temp of Room: estimated 20 C / 68 F (have a internal house heater that is set to 22 C/71 F)
Last watered: 5th December
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4 on 5th Dec

Hello everyone! :Namaste:
I'm back... :) Phew... That was a long break! How's everyone doing? Hope you all had a good break as well :high-five:
Anyway as my hubby and I reached home, we went (and prayed) to have a look what have become of our girls. It's been almost 20 days since we last watered them. Here's what they look like as we entered their room.

My Grow:

fullsizeoutput_5d6c.jpeg

Close Up:

fullsizeoutput_5d6e.jpeg

Hubby's Grow:

fullsizeoutput_5d6d.jpeg

Close Up:

fullsizeoutput_5d6f.jpeg

Analysis: Yep they look like they need water. So we immediately gave them a good watering till the soil moist while analysing what to do next. I didn't expect the top bud of my grow too be not "fat" as compared to hubby's. His buds were still acceptable for our standards. :cheer: Hence hubby had the honour of cutting the top bud of his grow as our welcome back gift. :circle-of-love:

Here's our very first harvest from our very first grow:

fullsizeoutput_5d70.jpeg

:circle-of-love: :blunt: :circle-of-love:

Progress: Not sure if I should do a smoke report now or later with the survivors. As for the our girls, we just gave them a watering again this morning. Well no harm trying to see what will happen. At the worst case, we'll harvest them. :) What do you guys think? Should we just harvest them now or wait?

Thanks again for visiting my journal and we look forward to your feedback on this. As always Blessings of love to everyone :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and Happy New Year!! :party::party:
May 2017 be better than 2016. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

DO you have a after watering picture?
You can smoke a little to see, but I suggest you dry it first.

Happy New Year to you too :hug:

Hiya Angrybird! Happy New Year to you too... :)
We did smoke some when we arrived.. But drying one bud right this moment. :)
Took a pic yesterday due to popular demand..kekeke

Here are my grows after watering:

IMG_200223.JPG

IMG_200323.JPG

Here are hubby's grow after watering:

IMG_200128.JPG

IMG_200419.JPG

See what they look like after the watering, you never know they may make a comeback. Good to have you back! .

Thanks Pennywise.. Happy New Year! Yep that is what we're hoping.. For them to make a comeback! :)

Update: Week 1
Stage: Seedling
First date in Soil: 08th January
Soil mix: Vege soil + manure with ph 6.8
Pot Size: Small biodegradable growing pot
Light Cycle: 18/6 indoor with 700 watts LED
Temp of Room: estimated 22 C / 71 F
Last watered: 9th January
Fertiliser: None

Good day everyone! Since our last update, hubby and I tried to "resurrect" our girls but it seems to us that it might have already dried out till the stem. So we salvage whatever buds there was and now they are barren. The buds were tiny (and I mean tiny) and it was too dry and small to even give it a wash. Hence can't really do a proper smoke report until we dry and cure properly. Although I have to say that it was a good head high that made me and hubby unpack our luggages with joy. :) Anyway we still monitoring our 2 girls watering them under an 18/6 light cycle. Hopefully they'll grow again.

That said, we decided to start all again with 4 more seeds. With all that we have learnt here since, we hope that these grows will be better. :circle-of-love:
So we started germinating our 4 seeds 3 days ago.

IMG_203122.JPG

This time, we decided to plant the seedlings in biodegradable growing pots first before their intended pots.

IMG_203023.JPG

These 2 empty pots are meant for the seeds that have yet to develop longer taproots. Or should I just plant them anyway since the seeds cracked? We planted the 2 more developed seedlings into their growing pots and placed them under an 18/6 light cycle yesterday.

IMG_203222.JPG

This morning I checked the 2 seedlings and I have to say their soil were dry. Gave it a bit of watering but careful enough not to overwater. Right now just waiting to plant the 2 remaining seedlings in soil. :)

Thanks for visiting my journal and mentoring us. :Namaste: Feel free as always to comment or feedback on our progress. We really appreciate them. :love: Will post an update as soon as we see the first set of true leaves.

Wish you guys a good week ahead and Blessings of love to you and your grows.. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Update: Week 1
Stage: Seedling
First date in Soil: 08th January
Soil mix: Vege soil + manure with ph 6.8
Pot Size: Small biodegradable growing pot
Light Cycle: 18/6 indoor with 700 watts LED
Temp of Room: estimated 22 C / 71 F
Last watered: 9th January
Fertiliser: None

Good day everyone! Since our last update, hubby and I tried to "resurrect" our girls but it seems to us that it might have already dried out till the stem. So we salvage whatever buds there was and now they are barren. The buds were tiny (and I mean tiny) and it was too dry and small to even give it a wash. Hence can't really do a proper smoke report until we dry and cure properly. Although I have to say that it was a good head high that made me and hubby unpack our luggages with joy. :) Anyway we still monitoring our 2 girls watering them under an 18/6 light cycle. Hopefully they'll grow again.

That said, we decided to start all again with 4 more seeds. With all that we have learnt here since, we hope that these grows will be better. :circle-of-love:
So we started germinating our 4 seeds 3 days ago.

IMG_203122.JPG

This time, we decided to plant the seedlings in biodegradable growing pots first before their intended pots.

IMG_203023.JPG

These 2 empty pots are meant for the seeds that have yet to develop longer taproots. Or should I just plant them anyway since the seeds cracked? We planted the 2 more developed seedlings into their growing pots and placed them under an 18/6 light cycle yesterday.

IMG_203222.JPG

This morning I checked the 2 seedlings and I have to say their soil were dry. Gave it a bit of watering but careful enough not to overwater. Right now just waiting to plant the 2 remaining seedlings in soil. :)

Thanks for visiting my journal and mentoring us. :Namaste: Feel free as always to comment or feedback on our progress. We really appreciate them. :love: Will post an update as soon as we see the first set of true leaves.

Wish you guys a good week ahead and Blessings of love to you and your grows.. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:
Sweet getting started again . It is addictive isn't it. Go ahead and plant the other two if they are showing taproot. They will be fine or wait . I have seen when planted with a longer tap they do break ground faster but eventually it comes down to the same time period. Good luck with this grow.

"carpe diem"

Sweet getting started again . It is addictive isn't it. Go ahead and plant the other two if they are showing taproot. They will be fine or wait . I have seen when planted with a longer tap they do break ground faster but eventually it comes down to the same time period. Good luck with this grow.

"carpe diem"
Thanks Islandgrow... Haha.. Well once you start growing, it's will eventually "grow" on you..lol. Welcome to my journal by the way. :welcome: :circle-of-love:
Anyway planted the other 2 in their growing pots.. :)

:cheer::party:new babies :hug:

I am here for you.

Awww... I knew you are Birdie! :high-five:

Blessings of love :circle-of-love:

Thanks Islandgrow... Haha.. Well once you start growing, it's will eventually "grow" on you..lol. Welcome to my journal by the way. :welcome: :circle-of-love:
Anyway planted the other 2 in their growing pots.. :)

Awww... I knew you are Birdie! :high-five:

Blessings of love :circle-of-love:
Thanks for the hearty welcome . I have been following a while not sure if I commented before though.

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

Good to see you back, ill tag along on your new grow if you dont mind. ;)

Keep em frosty ya'll

Heya Pennywise! Thank you... Of course I don't mind.... :) :circle-of-love:

Thanks for the hearty welcome . I have been following a while not sure if I commented before though.

"carpe diem" and grow to your hearts content

Ahhhh thanks for the follow... :) Haven't seen a post from you before but I might be wrong.. Hahaha...
:circle-of-love:

Water them when soil is dry. Did you find any perlite for bottom of pot so you have aeration of bottom soil? Or you have the pebbles you had before? :hug:

Water them when soil is dry. Did you find any perlite for bottom of pot so you have aeration of bottom soil? Or you have the pebbles you had before? :hug:

at the moment we're using the biodegradable pots for the seedling period.. It helps with the aeration.
Ority.. will water them as soon as their dry. Just a bit concern because the soil gets dry easily.
The pebbles are for their main pots once they have their set of true leaves.. :) :thanks:
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom