High Priest's, Soil, Shiva Shanti II, Grow Journal

Hehe minimalist . still lol. Your plant is quite mesmerising itself I'm repeatedly drawn back here to see your husbands in particular it's blues and yellow shades quite interesting to see what will happen. Also its in hopes of an update. Anyways we are glad to see you are well on track to a happy healthy grow season!

Spooks .

Awwwww Thank you Spooks! Been very busy these couple of days so might post an update tomorrow once I have some time to upload the pics and all.. But so far they're "praying to the heavens" like yours :) (well not as good as yours)

We love helping out where we can:circle-of-love:

:thanks: AngryBird! You're an Angel! Love seeing you helping out others . Daily hugsss to you :circle-of-love:

Hello HP, maybe hubbie is getting you back for you using his girl as a wind blocker :). Agree with what's already been stated that you have low N and needed a drink. The girls are growing like weeds :rofl: , oh, they are weeds lol.

Blessed Buds our friend and be well

Hiya Arctic Bowl!
Hahahaha.. You may be right..lol.. Being a wind blocker might have its advantages..
Hubby is very happy with his and he kept saying to me "awww your poor plant..*grins*".

Blessings of love to you all and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and have a great weekend!
:Namaste:

Update: Week 7
Strain: Shiva Shanti II (75% Indica)
Stage: Flowering (started on week 4)
First date in Soil: 11th October
Soil mix: General soil (vege soil + manure with ph 6.8) and a layer of small pebbles on the bottom of pot
Pot Size: Medium size about 1 Gallon
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 700 watts LED (started on Week4)
Temp of Room: estimated 20 C / 68 F (have a internal house heater that is set to 22 C/71 F)
Last watered: 20th November
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4

Hello everyone! :Namaste:

Finally got some time to do an update.. First of all Thank you again for your lovely comments and feedback.. :thanks::circle-of-love:

My Shortest grow (I'm calling it that now :) ) bounced back which is good news for me.
Here's a pic of it 3 days ago:

IMG_151826.JPG

and here's of it 2 days ago:

IMG_152333.JPG

and here's of it this morning:

fullsizeoutput_5d5b.jpeg

Analysis: I can see there's nute burn on the top leaves hence I didn't add anymore nutes since the last update upon seeing this. But this morning, I did notice some yellowing on the tips of the new leaves. Guess I might add a small dose of veg nutrients to this pot in a day or two since I just watered them yesterday. Please do let me know otherwise if I'm wrong about this. :)

Here's my Tallest Grow taken 3 days ago:

IMG_151929.JPG

this is from 2 days ago:

fullsizeoutput_5d59.jpeg

and here it is this morning:

fullsizeoutput_5d59.jpeg

Analysis: So far I was worried about this grow as she has gone through a lot. Hahaha. Don't think the yellow leaves will ever get back to green right? Looking at its new leaves I say this grow is happy. This pot taught me the importance of "I need a drink please". :) Think she's good with nutrients so just water till leaves indicate otherwise.

So here's a pic of Hubby's Pot taken 3 days ago:

IMG_152035.JPG

and from 2 days ago:

IMG_152538.JPG

and this is from this morning:

fullsizeoutput_5d5a.jpeg

Analysis: Hubby is very happy with his. Although we can see from the leaves that it might need some feeding. Same as my tallest grow, we plan to feed it soon. :) But what we are particularly happy about hubby's grow this morning is :

fullsizeoutput_5d57.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_5d58.jpeg

YEAH! :cheer::cheer: We finally get to see pistils from his grow. It's a girl (with a sigh of relief) :)
We were actually expecting to see some signs soon actually given the projected flowering date is this Saturday. As for my grows well I'm sure we'll have some news soon. :cheer:

Progress: We most probably going to give them a feeding using vege fertilizer this time. But this time really looking at what each grow needs. :) Just to confirm again, the yellow leaves won't be green again right? hehe.

Thank you everyone for stopping by my journal and mentoring us along the way. :Namaste:
There's still more to go I'm sure of it. Blessings of Love to all and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and have a great week ahead!

High Priest's Soil Shiva Shanti II Grow Journal

Congrats on the girl. If a leaf is more than 70% damaged on not functioning I remove it under the theory that the plant is using energy keeping it alive rather than gaining energy from its growth. Any 100% white leaves that look like they are starting to rot can get the snip an inch or so away from stem. This will dry up and fall off by itself. Looking good Priest. .

Hi
they surely perked up:bravo:
The yellow leaves will stay yellow until they fall off. Daily hugs :hug:

Thanks AngryBird! :) Yep yep they did.. Phew..... :) Daily hugs to you... :circle-of-love:

Happy to see they turned around for you, theyre tough plants and will survive if we let them. :)

:thanks: Pennywise! They sure are... We're going for a 3 weeks trip soon so being tough plants we know that they'll be okay till we're back. :)

Congrats on the girl. If a leaf is more than 70% damaged on not functioning I remove it under the theory that the plant is using energy keeping it alive rather than gaining energy from its growth. Any 100% white leaves that look like they are starting to rot can get the snip an inch or so away from stem. This will dry up and fall off by itself. Looking good Priest. .

Thanks Spooks! We took the advice of snipping it and hubby decided to smoke them. Hehehe.. Well we did feel a bit of buzz that lasted for a good number of minutes.. Guess nothing is wasted! Hahaha

Update: Week 7
Soil mix: General soil (vege soil + manure with ph 6.8) and a layer of pebbles on the bottom of pot
Temp of Room: estimated 20 C / 68 F (have a internal house heater that is set to 22 C/71 F)
Last watered: 23rd November
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4 (last feeding on 23rd Nov)

Firstly, Thank you for following my journal. :thanks:
Hope you and your grows are doing well as always. Just thought of doing an update today as we are travelling quite a bit these coming weeks starting today. Also to keep track at how our grows are before and after our absence.

Since the last update, we watered all our grows and fed Hubby's and my shortest grow 2 days ago. So here they are taken last night before their bedtime.

Hubby's grow:

IMG_153733.JPG

His is growing very well noticing more pistils in more "bud spots". We counted there's about 9 of them. :cheer:

My shortest grow:

IMG_153844.JPG

So far their leaves are perked up but the tip of the new grows are still yellow even after their feeding. Consciously I think I'm going to only feed them once a week. Not sure if more than that is recommended.

My Tallest grow:

IMG_154030.JPG

They look happy and so am I because we saw pistils on top! :cheer: It's a girl.. :cheer:

Analysis: As advised, we snipped the yellow leaves off. They look neater in our opinion. :) And hubby decide to use the snipped leaves and smoked them. Hahaha.. Felt a bit of buzz but unfortunately didn't last that long. Ahh well.. Just a sneak preview I suppose. lol
Watching pistils forming is quite a satisfying feeling knowing our hard work will be paid off. We know it doesn't stop there. :)

After reading a couple of threads on harvesting and mother plants, I realised that our "harvesting date" is not what we projected. According to the seed bank, flowering is 45-55 days which we realised it does not start from the date you plant the seed. They might refer it from the start of the light cycle or the forming of pistils. We might be wrong on this but looking at our grows, don't think it will be ready to harvest in 10 days time (calculating the date from we first planted in soil). As much as we were expecting to harvest before our trip, we think it will probably happen when we're back in late december. No biggie though. At least we know we will have a nice Xmas present when we're back home. :)

Progress: Since we won't be home for the next couple of days, we are going to water all our grows before we leave today. Will be exciting to see how they fare when we're back on Monday evening. This will also teach us how much water they really need once we're on our "long trip". :)

Thanks again everyone for your valuable feedback and posts. They really keep us going and in check of what to look our for in our grows. Blessings of love to all :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and Happy Thanksgiving to our American growers. Wishing you all a great weekend! :Namaste:

Before your long trip is there anyway you could set up some sort of wick system to keep the soil moist? Im sure there are peeps here at 420 that could help you with that.

Sent from my iPad using 420

Before your long trip is there anyway you could set up some sort of wick system to keep the soil moist? Im sure there are peeps here at 420 that could help you with that.

Yeah we thought about that but it's not often that we go for long trips such as this. But we do have someone coming over during our absence to give it some water when they need it. :)
Well might have to read more about the wick system nonetheless.. :thanks: Pennywise

Update: Week 8
Soil mix: General soil (vege soil + manure with ph 6.8) and a layer of pebbles on the bottom of pot
Last watered: 25th November
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4 on 23rd Nov

Hope you all had a great weekend! :) We just got back last night and didn't want to disturb "their" bedtime. So this morning greeted them and see how they are doing.

My Hubby's grow:

IMG_155235.JPG

She's looking great. More and more pistils everywhere.. Hahaha.. :)

My Tallest grow:

IMG_155329.JPG

She's doing great too. I could see the pistils getting longer and more visible. :)

My Shortest grow:

IMG_155425.JPG

Well the leaves were doing great meaning water is good until I saw.......

IMG_155627.JPG

:jawdropper:

It's a boy! hehehehe.. I wanted to make sure again so I brought it up by the window and look closely.

IMG_156122.JPG

IMG_156328.JPG

Ahhh well... I'm okay with it. :) I'm just gonna roll one to console myself.hahaha :smokin:

Analysis: Looking at the buds on my smallest grow, is it safe to say it's a male? What should I do with it? hehehe... Hubby is already eyeing on it to smoke.. lol. As for the other 2 grows, well what can I say.. and then there were 2 of them. :love:

IMG_155923.JPG

Progress: So far our 2 girls are enough of water and feeding for the moment. Guess our last watering on Friday morning is a good amount. With that I'm roughly going to hold water till I see droopy leaves to see how many days it lasts. Right now we're just thinking of what can we do with our "boy"?

Thanks everyone for your help and lovely messages. Feeling a bit disappointed today but it'll pass after a few joints.lol
Blessings of love to all :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and wishing you a great week!

Update: Week 9
Last watered: 5th December
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4 on 5th Dec

Hello Everyone! :Namaste:
It's been a busy busy period for us so do bear with us if the updates a little slow lately. :thanks:
Well since last week we didn't have much time to water our 2 girls, Hubby's grow and My tallest Grow. Although we did remove the male plant out of the grow room and threw it away. Sad times.. :(

Photo taken last night:

Hubby's grow:

fullsizeoutput_5d63.jpeg

My Tallest grow:

fullsizeoutput_5d62.jpeg

Group Photo:

fullsizeoutput_5d65.jpeg

Analysis: Seem like they needed water and some feeding and that's what we did last evening. So far they look good with the pistils growing more and more. Good feeling :cheer:

Progress: Haven't seen any developed buds yet but that's what I'm waiting for. Hehe. I guess it will most probably be some when we're back from our trip. We might give them another feeding before we leave for our trip.

Thank you everyone for visiting my journal. :Namaste:I feel I learned a lot from you guys pointing out the mistakes we made with our first grow. There's still more to go. Hehe. So thank you! :circle-of-love:

Blessings of love to you and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and I'll post an update once we're back. Happy holidays everyone! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom