High Priest's, Soil, Shiva Shanti II, Grow Journal

Update: Week 5
Strain: Shiva Shanti II (75% Indica)
Stage: Flowering (5th November)
First date in Soil: 11th October
Soil mix: General soil (vege soil + manure with ph 6.8) and a layer of small pebbles on the bottom of pot
Pot Size: Medium size about 1 Gallon
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 700 watts LED (started on Week4)
Temp of Room: estimated 20 C / 68 F (have a internal house heater that is set to 22 C/71 F)
Last watered: 10th November about 500ml for each pot
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4

Good day everyone! :Namaste:
Hope you all are doing well this week. It's been a worrying week for us though due to our grows facing some issues. But on a positive note, this is our first grow and mistakes and challenges are bound to happen. Heck. it's how we learn from this that we will be better.

After the last update in which I added a spoonful of used coffee grounds to the droopy grows, it didn't perk up as much as we hoped for the day after. It seems okay in the morning when the lights were just switched on after their dark cycle. But as the day passes they went droopy again.

Here they are the morning after adding the coffee ground:

IMG_140026.JPG

IMG_140132.JPG

and here they are later in the day:

IMG_140428.JPG

IMG_140331.JPG

Didn't add coffee ground to Hubby's grow though as it's looking well and tall.
Here's a pic of it in the morning:

IMG_140229.JPG

and later in the day:

IMG_140531.JPG

Analysis: After researching around here.. :reading420magazine: thanks 420 mag, I learnt that although my grow's stems are strong, their droopy and yellowing leaves are a strong indication that it needs feeding. Noticing hubby's grow is getting the droopy leaves look too, we decided that it's time. So we mixed 1/3 of the recommended dose with 500ml of water for each pot. Honestly felt worried and nervous while doing this because over-thinking of the various complications that can and will happen. Hahaha.. It's just me.

So here they are the day after their feeding:

IMG_141333.JPG

Looks like my droopy grow is up again. YEAH! :green_heart:

IMG_141436.JPG

IMG_141733.JPG

Hubby's grow:

IMG_141628.JPG

IMG_141628.JPG

My other grow however doesn't feel the same way:

IMG_141830.JPG

Progress: Last night before their bedtime, my other grow leaves were getting droopier than before and their lower set of leaves were curled up like a ram's horn (the pic above). Which I suspect is over-nuted. Even though we gave the same amount of feeding to each pot, this grow is the shortest and smallest of them all. Which is most probably the reason why this happen. Learning from this, feeding dosage also applies to the size of the grow. I'm not sure what to do with it now though. A "flush" might be the solution but after just giving them a good amount of water just a day ago, it might not be a good idea. Any help on this guys? :Namaste:

Thank you for following my journal and any feedback or comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to tell me if there's something that I might have missed out or if you notice something that I should be aware of. :thanks:
Blessings of love to you all and your grows :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and hope you have a great weekend! :theband:

High Priest's Soil Shiva Shanti II Grow Journal

Holy crap. You are going to over take me slow down!!! Haha maybe I can shed some light on your droopy leaves. :So thirsty: I think they just need water lmao. My outdoors get so much water and their leaves pray to the heavens for more something. You can pop over to my journal and look at what too much light or heat does. See those taco fan leaves? All curled up laterally but still healthy like no more!!! Full Australian sun for you. Anyways keep going I need to get some coffee grinds. Used it on my first grow. Tons actually. Unbeatable fert.

Holy crap. You are going to over take me slow down!!! Haha maybe I can shed some light on your droopy leaves. :So thirsty: I think they just need water lmao. My outdoors get so much water and their leaves pray to the heavens for more something. You can pop over to my journal and look at what too much light or heat does. See those taco fan leaves? All curled up laterally but still healthy like no more!!! Full Australian sun for you. Anyways keep going I need to get some coffee grinds. Used it on my first grow. Tons actually. Unbeatable fert.

Haha Spookies... Your grows are so much better and grander than ours.. We're still far behind. Hehe.
Still reading your journal and guess my grow is not nute burn at all after seeing a pic of your grow. Thanks mate! :) That's a relief for me.. :thanks:

I have to agree with Spookie they look thirsty, especially the leaves hanging straight down.

Thanks Pennywise.... I'm gonna water that pot later in the afternoon along with some coffee grounds from this morning. :thanks:

We can only try and see, fact is, they all have different needs. And on another subject, start looking for more lights :) Soon they will be big enough for flower :)

:hug: daily hugs

I didn't recall you mentioning light, sorry .getting older here. :rofl:
It is a good light to start. :bravo:
did yo get/fix a "top cover from aluminium " so the light will shine down only and not up? ( Did I explain properly?)

Just stopping by to say hi and see how your grow is going. We want pictures! I hope they all bounced right back from the watering. Coffee rinds might be a gentle way of taking care of any nitrogen concerns you might have too. I've used it quite a bit and I'm sure it is full of N but it is fun to work with and beneficial to soil, makes smell nice and caffeine is insect repellent made by plants.

Spooks .

Update: Week 6
Strain: Shiva Shanti II (75% Indica)
Stage: Flowering (started on week 4)
First date in Soil: 11th October
Soil mix: General soil (vege soil + manure with ph 6.8) and a layer of small pebbles on the bottom of pot
Pot Size: Medium size about 1 Gallon
Light Cycle: 12/12 indoor with 700 watts LED (started on Week4)
Temp of Room: estimated 20 C / 68 F (have a internal house heater that is set to 22 C/71 F)
Last watered: 10th November with nutrients, and additional feeding for 2 pots on 14th Nov
Fertiliser:1/3 dose of 3.2-2-5.4

Good day everyone! :Namaste:
Firstly thank you for all your help and feedback about our grows. We cannot imagine what we would do without the valuable assistance. :)

It's been a busy week for us these past few days leaving our grows some alone time..hahahaa... So far their bottom leaves are still yellowing hence we added more coffee grounds in their soil. Maybe not enough.
And my small grow is still droopy. Hence I gave it a bit more feeding for my pots 2 days ago.
Here's the small grow before and after pic to compare:

My small grow before feeding:

IMG_149535.JPG

After feeding:

IMG_149826.JPG

My other grow before feeding:

IMG_149735.JPG

After feeding:

IMG_149931.JPG

Hubby's grow didn't add additional feeding but here's a pic of them in the day:

IMG_149631.JPG

and in the night before their bedtime:

IMG_150033.JPG

Analysis: Looking at their leaves still yellowing, I guess they still lack of Nitrogen. But my other grow is showing signs of nute burn (at the tips of their leaves). I might be wrong on this. So waiting for professional advice before I do anything more to it. :Namaste:
But at this time, the feeding is enough I think. :)

As for my smallest grow, their leaves are still droopy even after the feeding. Well that was taken before their sleep and so I figured give them a night or two to recover hopefully. So here's how they look like just this morning. (Oh my I really have to start giving them names for easy reference..lol)

My small grow:

IMG_150127.JPG

My bounced-back grow:

IMG_150325.JPG

Hubby's grow:

IMG_150237.JPG

Group Photo:

IMG_150425.JPG

Progress: So far they are not droopy anymore which is a relief for me:cheer:.
However the yellowing of the leaves for my small grow could indicate lack of nitrogen still.... More coffee grounds I guess? :) Also been trying to look out for pistils or male buds but haven't seen any on them so far. It's been almost 2 weeks since we change their light cycle. Hopefully we can see some signs soon.

As always, Thank you everyone for your helping us with our grows. :thanks: :thanks:
Really appreciate them so keep them coming. :Namaste:

Blessings of love to all of you and your grows and have a great week everyone. :circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

Yellow bottom leaves is very much indicating more N. It is the softest to add and I never saw problems, even on little ones, when using it.

You can safely add more.
When you use bottle fertilizers, just give a little less of veg fertilizer to the ones with possible nute burn (burnt tips):circle-of-love:

Yeah second that it's slightly acidic but they like that anyways. Definitely bounced back in the watering department congrats. Keep watering UP and you may want to think about some coffee alternatives mine love seaweed mistings. Or just for the roots you can get this anywhere I think it's made from bull kelp usually.

Growing a Cucumber Seedling in Seasol Plant Tonic - YouTube

Add some harder fert lol. I'm thinking chicken or cow tea if you can find it or blood and bone meal based. Do this proportionally to the plants with more yellowing lower leaves ie more yellowing gets more N ferts. In your case, drooping leaves means more water! Lol

Looking good you minimalist.

Spooks .

Yellow bottom leaves is very much indicating more N. It is the softest to add and I never saw problems, even on little ones, when using it.

You can safely add more.
When you use bottle fertilizers, just give a little less of veg fertilizer to the ones with possible nute burn (burnt tips):circle-of-love:

:thanks: AngryBird for confirming this... :) Fortunately we have some veg fertiliser in our cabinet. Hehe... Gonna try and add to them according to each need..
Daily hugs to you :circle-of-love:

Yeah second that it's slightly acidic but they like that anyways. Definitely bounced back in the watering department congrats. Keep watering UP and you may want to think about some coffee alternatives mine love seaweed mistings. Or just for the roots you can get this anywhere I think it's made from bull kelp usually.

Growing a Cucumber Seedling in Seasol Plant Tonic - YouTube

Add some harder fert lol. I'm thinking chicken or cow tea if you can find it or blood and bone meal based. Do this proportionally to the plants with more yellowing lower leaves ie more yellowing gets more N ferts. In your case, drooping leaves means more water! Lol

Looking good you minimalist.

Spooks .

:thanks: Spooks.. That video is just mesmerising... I think I watched it like 4 times.. maybe more.. lol
Hehe.. Minimalist! :) I'm just being "careful me" as always. hahaha.. Sometimes too careful. keke..
Will try to drop by the gardening supermart one of these days and try to look for the alternatives. (looking at seasol tonic video again.)

Blessings of love to you both :circle-of-love::circle-of-love: and your grows and thank you again for your support. :)

Hehe minimalist . still lol. Your plant is quite mesmerising itself I'm repeatedly drawn back here to see your husbands in particular it's blues and yellow shades quite interesting to see what will happen. Also its in hopes of an update. Anyways we are glad to see you are well on track to a happy healthy grow season!

Spooks .

Back
Top Bottom