HPS is better than LED

To all the LED growers... Good Luck!
To all the HID growers... Good Luck!
To all the CFL grower.... Good Luck!
To all the sun growers... Lucky!!

Does it really matter? I'd show you all my fallical cola but I'm shy. For the record... "It might be short, but it sure is skinny!"

A SS 315 lec will kick the crap out of a 400 watt hps, and put a hell of a dent in your 600 watt hps...

Fullscreen_capture_09082015_090911.jpg

Fullscreen_capture_09082015_090811.jpg

There's no 315 lec threads here, but the ones i've seen on other site threads seem to prove that point.... I plan on running two of them here for my winter grow of purple kush... They're not cheap $450 each shipped... I bought a chiller so i could only afford one light when i ordered..... I'll do one light, one plant, with a 36"x36" scrog screen with reflective side panels like i'm using in my current led scrog..... It's working so well with the led i decided i'll use them with the 2-315 watt LECs....

As much as i would love to try LED for growing... but Mmm slightly not sure !

Well you see if my Hps bulb blows i can drive for 20 to 30 mins to my nearest hydro store & get a replacement, but i always have a spare bulb handy just in case :thumb:

Now if my LED panel breaks down where do i have to send it to get fixed... see the flag on my chest ya know where i'm from, i mean really do some of these LED panel company's have repair centers where i'm from, most of them don't so it come at extra cost for me to get it sorted & more likely not worth the cost savings of running a lower wattage LED compared to easy fix Hps !

LED panel design most are reasonable basic if a LED pops the whole panel go's down or what ever component- design flaw !

Now the Budmaster is a module design aka integrated clusters of LEDs, now if one their clusters/modules blows the rest of panel still works :high-five:

Ya see where i'm coming from ! no real down for me as new module is sent to you plug in & play sort of thing !

I don't own a Budmaster due too their insane cost :( but it is about the only LED panel i would more likely be interested in, over others due to design & easy fix

As much as i would love to try LED for growing... but Mmm slightly not sure !

Well you see if my Hps bulb blows i can drive for 20 to 30 mins to my nearest hydro store & get a replacement, but i always have a spare bulb handy just in case :thumb:

Now if my LED panel breaks down where do i have to send it to get fixed... see the flag on my chest ya know where i'm from, i mean really do some of these LED panel company's have repair centers where i'm from, most of them don't so it come at extra cost for me to get it sorted & more likely not worth the cost savings of running a lower wattage LED compared to easy fix Hps !

LED panel design most are reasonable basic if a LED pops the whole panel go's down or what ever component- design flaw !

Now the Budmaster is a module design aka integrated clusters of LEDs, now if one their clusters/modules blows the rest of panel still works :high-five:

Ya see where i'm coming from ! no real down for me as new module is sent to you plug in & play sort of thing !

I don't own a Budmaster due too their insane cost :( but it is about the only LED panel i would more likely be interested in, over others due to design & easy fix

Yes Budmaster 2. They have an awesome line up of excellent fixtures. I've been using a 675xg now for about two yrs. and let me say....i wish i could afford one of their new GOD models with the best german , Osram led's. A member here on the Mag. named BigIrishDoodle or BID for short,(R.I.P. BID) was doing a demo of it over two yrs. ago and i couldn't resist buying one. Since then they have come out with two better lines with those awesome diodes in them. I know they cost alot of money but, but, they are soooo good!
Tbh i'm a little surprised Doc. hasn't been offered the chance from BM . Would love to see him let loose with a couple of their big top of the line babies. Youza , yeepa ,yeepa! :smokin:

Elemental HoneyBananas,ReservaPrivada StrawberryBanana and Elemental GummyBears. 5gallon rootpouches with 70/30 Coco/Perlite with Botanicare Expert Coco Program.Topped and tied down.I use SSL80s and XPE/XTE,Vero29 3k80,and CXB3590 3K80 This pic was from a year ago. those LEDs are boxed up and put away cause they cant keep up w/ my COBs. XPE/XTE is 2014 tech.TopBin SSL80s are the best mono available,until Cree Gs are in the panels? Go OSLONs!
COB based units have passed HPS
GEDC2644.JPG

Listen to all the LED fan boys with their stretched out node sites and wilted leaves.

Comming back on LED panels bracking down. I have one pannel recently braking some diodes and some transistors.

And seeing im al reddy a carpenter,farmer how is trying to play god in a box i could also lurn soldering.
So at the moment it broke down am not in troble at first place i got two panels and small chanch they brake at the same time.
I contacted the company of the mars grow lights and they gave me replacing diodes for free and verry good costumer surfice theye also maild me a link with a video on how to replace a diode. I have 0 soldering skills and fixt it in 15 minutes.

So if you go the led way and are afraid that it brakes down make sure you got one spare or have some spare diodes laying around.
And wile your ad soldering you could buy better replacement parts and even chanch the coler spectrum if you like.

But in the end i love LED's and i cant wait till i recieve my new air cooled hps
The mix is the best
WP_20150607_019.jpg

See now that's how a grow should look. Your plants seem a little far from the light and personally I'd have 2 CFLs on top and the LEDs sideways facing the plants. Have you looked into dual spectrum CFLs?

Yea i know about the dual spec cfls i just bocht this one for finishing a grow and this is what i could get quick for cheap xD but im going to get a hps with this the only thing i don't know is how many watt's i will add

Should i get:
a 400 watt hps with aircooled hood and magnatic balast
Or a 150 watt hps in a cool tube with electronic ballast.

Becouse i have a small grow space i dont really know what way to go.
I don't want to overpower my grow xD

I'm setting up my grow tent in about a week. For flowering I'm going three 125w 6500K/2100K 9500 lumen CFLs and one 125w 2700K 9500 lumen CFL for a total power of 500w CFL (2000w equiv) setup.

For vegging I'll be using two 125w 6500K 9500 lumen CFLs and two 125w 6500K/2700K 9500 lumen CFLs.

It's about a 38,000 lumen setup for a 32x32x63 grow tent. I plan on growing 4 plants in it.

Not sure what you mean by, "500w cfl [2000w equiv]" ?

I thought you were un subbed? Just couldnt stay away from HPS power eh? :cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl:

Also, Let me guess you are a sponsor of lec lighting eh? Trying to spread the word. Come on..... Ill put my HPS up against anything on this earth..... (That excludes the sun of course ..... ha.. ha...) Do you even have a lec light?

Subed to so many i forget which ones are pissing contests.... Didn't realize i was back here.. Forgot to click go.. 500w = 2000w caught my eye... Got three 315s in fact for my winter grow.... gotta go click go now :Namaste:

IMG_28223.JPG

they work good you're gonna be stoked.

I've got some gavita/ceramic combo setups in my mind's eye!

Back
Top Bottom