Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

display of " surgical " topping, gloves and all.. LMAO
True Hacker, and a good green day to you sir! What i neglected to mention was that, as per the advice of beez0404, i sterilised the snippers beforehand as well. :nerd-with-glasses::cheesygrinsmiley:

LOL! I somehow thought everyone would get that joke and it turns out no one did :(.
Yep! No idea :smokin:

Exactly! It’s funny though, I didn’t even know there a was a strain with that name before. Mostly it was because every time I’ve seen a Bubba Hash in someone’s garden over the last 18months I always thought “Hubba Hubba!” :yummy:

I have fond memories of the sugar overdoses from Hubba Bubba bubblegum... oh god! the sugar... :oops:

Hello Amy The plants are looking , well a lot shorter LOL I have been thinking about this But just can't take the snips to one yet ! Where can i see a pick of one matured anyone Thanks up front :blunt:

I’m training myself to see it as just part of the grow. And that’s a good question about seeing some matured as I’ve been thinking I would borrow some of @Mr. Krip ’s work to illustrate (have them saved to my ‘cultivation album’ which is full of reference and aspirational images). These beauties were topped using the UBT method (grow to node 4-5 then cut back to 2 nodes). Krip dropped the seeds beginning of March and these pics are at transplant 7 weeks later, on 4/20 :)

F2BFC1D3-60C2-4F59-9CED-D13A04CA55F3.jpeg

1792218B-51A9-4773-BE33-B39C30B03F90.jpeg

So that’s at end of veg and Mr. Krip has just harvested these I think.

In this post Krip shares the flowering stage of a previous grow where he used the UBT technique.
Honestly, I don't think I've counted colas since my first or second grow. I UBT to get four primary colas, spread 'em apart to fill up the horizontal space and, once that's filled up, I make the flip.

Last grow looked like this a few weeks before harvest:

And those gorgeous Bubba Hash plants above spent 2 more weeks in veg with a little “LST on the UBT” (to echo Krip’s fun with the acronyms :laughtwo: ), and then flipped to flower in early May. This link is to a recent photo dump of some cola shots.

Krip has been showcasing some sponsor wares in that grow, Kind LED and Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend, and making them both look pretty damn good :D. I recommend following that link in and then checking out the whole grow. Harvest is imminent :yummy:

Meanwhile, back on the ranch... little midweek photo drop.

ALways nice to open the tent to happy plants!

A37853FA-5A29-4EF6-8B1D-CB6F1C0B58D1.jpeg

384ACD46-89D2-4A62-BC37-C2944857562D.jpeg

3 of the DDAs went totally yellow. :hmmmm: Maybe they were getting less light than they should, but weird it was only 3 of them, one stayed totally green . I rearranged them a little in relation to the lights and the green is coming back - you can see it happening, yesterday those greener tips were all yellow.

C8D7B989-4359-4171-8B48-82E63ABCF8FD.jpeg

The Auto Blueberry (on the right) also went yellow like those 3 and then recovered it’s green very quickly. Auto Amnesia Haze (on the left) has just remained green the while time. I really have no explanation for the phenomenon.

37E703E5-E223-403B-9861-6BC111E655B5.jpeg

I love how you can see the promise of future colours on both the Bubba Hash (left) and the CD-1 (right).

CB18CA57-4317-4455-9821-18FC8479B359.jpeg

I’ve noted that folks say the Bubba Hash has a big appetite, and it’s no joke. It drinks fast. It dried out completely within a week of it’s first Drench, and it’s almost dry again. Candida is only just reaching the need for a second drench - drinking slower, growing slower too.

They both seem pretty happy :thumb:

04AA183E-78A0-4622-A123-AF875E64B283.jpeg

Great days to all :passitleft:

:Namaste:

Plants look great, Amy, and great job on the UBT's! :welldone:

You can see the growth doesn't slow down, at all, after a UBT, it just starts out shorter! :laugh:

If one of the branches on the same node gets bigger than the other (i.e. "lopsided"), it's really not an issue, but if you wish, you can always LST or re-top the taller cola. ;)

Thanks Mr. Krip, thanks for stopping over :D I thought you wouldn’t mind me showcasing your garden a bit for illustrative purposes.

you can always LST or re-top the taller cola. ;)

Thanks for that, too. The CD-1 does have a very lopsided node so I’ve been wondering about that.

There are a few mutations on that one actually. The short branch that was initially growing attached to the stem, the branch opposite that one has a triploid tip (or whorled phylotaxy, I think it’s also called), and one of the branches on the lower node has a node with two shoots coming out of it instead of one.

Lights are out now so I’ll aim to get some photos of the phenomena later, when they wake up.

Exactly! It’s funny though, I didn’t even know there a was a strain with that name before. Mostly it was because every time I’ve seen a Bubba Hash in someone’s garden over the last 18months I always thought “Hubba Hubba!” :yummy:

I have fond memories of the sugar overdoses from Hubba Bubba bubblegum... oh god! the sugar... :oops:

I’m training myself to see it as just part of the grow. And that’s a good question about seeing some matured as I’ve been thinking I would borrow some of @Mr. Krip ’s work to illustrate (have them saved to my ‘cultivation album’ which is full of reference and aspirational images). These beauties were topped using the UBT method (grow to node 4-5 then cut back to 2 nodes). Krip dropped the seeds beginning of March and these pics are at transplant 7 weeks later, on 4/20 :)

F2BFC1D3-60C2-4F59-9CED-D13A04CA55F3.jpeg

1792218B-51A9-4773-BE33-B39C30B03F90.jpeg

So that’s at end of veg and Mr. Krip has just harvested these I think.

In this post Krip shares the flowering stage of a previous grow where he used the UBT technique.

And those gorgeous Bubba Hash plants above spent 2 more weeks in veg with a little “LST on the UBT” (to echo Krip’s fun with the acronyms :laughtwo: ), and then flipped to flower in early May. This link is to a recent photo dump of some cola shots.

Krip has been showcasing some sponsor wares in that grow, Kind LED and Doc Bud’s High Brix Blend, and making them both look pretty damn good :D. I recommend following that link in and then checking out the whole grow. Harvest is imminent :yummy:

Meanwhile, back on the ranch... little midweek photo drop.

ALways nice to open the tent to happy plants!

A37853FA-5A29-4EF6-8B1D-CB6F1C0B58D1.jpeg

384ACD46-89D2-4A62-BC37-C2944857562D.jpeg

3 of the DDAs went totally yellow. :hmmmm: Maybe they were getting less light than they should, but weird it was only 3 of them, one stayed totally green . I rearranged them a little in relation to the lights and the green is coming back - you can see it happening, yesterday those greener tips were all yellow.

C8D7B989-4359-4171-8B48-82E63ABCF8FD.jpeg

The Auto Blueberry (on the right) also went yellow like those 3 and then recovered it’s green very quickly. Auto Amnesia Haze (on the left) has just remained green the while time. I really have no explanation for the phenomenon.

37E703E5-E223-403B-9861-6BC111E655B5.jpeg

I love how you can see the promise of future colours on both the Bubba Hash (left) and the CD-1 (right).

CB18CA57-4317-4455-9821-18FC8479B359.jpeg

I’ve noted that folks say the Bubba Hash has a big appetite, and it’s no joke. It drinks fast. It dried out completely within a week of it’s first Drench, and it’s almost dry again. Candida is only just reaching the need for a second drench - drinking slower, growing slower too.

They both seem pretty happy :thumb:

04AA183E-78A0-4622-A123-AF875E64B283.jpeg

Great days to all :passitleft:

Thank You for the info Amy i am a few pages into it now , and like what i see !! although mine are too big this round to try UBT technique i may start something else up , two of mine have decided to be stubborn and not grow at the proposed rate ?! Picked up some more potting soil and will uppot to smaller and see what happens . You plants are doing well (pretty) and good to hear the seedlings are changing their color back .

I can just imagine you screwing up the courage to do the chop. :eek: By the time you harvest this may become your go-to training technique. I'm proud of you for being so brave. I can identify. :hug:

You've seen what Brix grows? When he uses the kit as his medium he starts with a gallon of water, boils half of it, adds it to the remaining room-temperature water in the bottle before adding his drench ingredients. His results with the kit were in part to this technique, I'm certain of it.

I recall a kit discussion a couple years back that suggested some varietals were inclined to develop purple petioles, and the sign you look for as a demonstration of high brix was the top petioles would have more green expression. I may be wrong about that, but it rang my bells when I read the discussion here.

Wonder why the babies turn yellow like that's? I usually ignore it and anticipate healthy recovery. Most times that works for me. :laughtwo:

Hey...thanks for that delightful tutorial on UBT. :hug:

Hello Sweet lady! :ciao: nice to have you in the garden :passitleft:

he starts with a gallon of water, boils half of it, adds it to the remaining room-temperature water in the bottle before adding his drench ingredients. His results with the kit were in part to this technique, I'm certain of it.
I do something very similar ;)
recall a kit discussion a couple years back that suggested some varietals were inclined to develop purple petioles, and the sign you look for as a demonstration of high brix was the top petioles would have more green expression. I may be wrong about that, but it rang my bells when I read the discussion here.

Yes this is why I’m paying attention to the petiole colour. It can sometimes be genetic as you say, if the pheno is a purple one, but that looks a bit different as far as I’ve noticed, stronger and on both sides from the start. The BBH has had a light purple flush on teh tops of petioles, so I;m interpreting that as not desirable. Not a major problem, but you’re totally remembering righ that green ones indicate better brix levels :) The very top petioles are green ATM
usually ignore it and anticipate healthy recovery. Most times that works for me. :laughtwo:
Well that suggests you’ve seen it before and it;s not a worry, so that’s good! I’ve had it happen once before when seedlings got moved from a small CFL to the QB and I wasn’t sure then whether it was because they were getting less light (so not enough), more light (so too much) or whether it was just an adaption to the change. This time there was maybe a minor change in the light that it’s maybe a response to, but still odd that 2 of the 6 seedlings didn’t fade. Growing out of it sounds good!

So happy to see you enjoying days over at d’s! I’m visiting with you both in spirit :circle-of-love:

Hey that’s cool man! :thumb: That supports my theory that CD-1 maybe has an unusual relationship to intense light.

The one I have going at the moment is loving the QBs so that’s good, phewf !

Speaking of... the current Candida CD-1. I mentioned the other day that it has some other mutations ive just noticed. The branch that was growing upwards attached to the main stem, which I released, has a double sprout at one of the nodes. Check it out! :thedoubletake:

310EAEFF-B5EB-4D17-AF9E-A08A0DFDB9A0.jpeg

F960213B-EFC2-40A8-A42C-59B53CCBF054.jpeg

Anyone ever seen that before?

The opposing branch to that one looks like this - one of those “whirly-taxis”!

D17C64B6-5F65-4266-8080-6D9B37C9AB23.jpeg

So seems I have a little mut to love. Will be interesting to see how it grows out. :popcorn:

Hey...thanks for that delightful tutorial on UBT. :hug:
By the time you harvest this may become your go-to training technique.

Well I’m kind of already planning to do it with all my indoor grows (photoperiods). It was actually how I came to 420, I read UB’s repost of the original (what I quoted earlier) 3 years ago and then found the blog on it here (which is now gone) and then got swept up in the whirlwind of growing & learning about making oils etc. and forgot all about the details of UBT until i read it again in Krip’s journal a few months ago. It’s really simple and UB says it just works every time, every plant, and Krip seems to concur with that, as do many others. Trouble free!

Back
Top Bottom