Hubba Hubba! Bubba Hash & The Bright Lights Of Redemption: Amy's Indoor v2.0 With DBHBB

I introduced my DIY Calcium supplement to the Blueberry tonight. In Emilya’s version she recommends 1TBSP per Gallon so I converted and diluted that to come to 4-5drops in 200ml and that didn’t seem too much so that’s what I did. Only Blueberry - will see how that goes. :nervous-guy: gotta try these things, right?
Sounds like you have a good plan here. I also tested it out on one plant first - just be to cautious. Even though Emilya recommended 1 TBSP (15 ml) per gallon, if I remember correctly, she stated that was just a starting point. I am currently adding only 5 ml per gallon of water for all my plants. No signs of any cal/mag deficiencies anywhere, so I'll stick with that amount for now.
Bubba had a Growth Ionic drench a couple of days ago and I made sure it was a good and hearty one! Bubba liked it.
Wow, those leaves on Bubba are mesmerizing! :thumb:

Hi Amy your plants look very healthy I've done two grows in COCO and I really like the simplicity of it. Both of my grows were done with Canna Coco A&B, Silicon and PK boost during flower I harvested over a pound from my Girl Scout Cookies, and Dragons Blood my next grow will be done with the very inexpensive Mega Crop nutrients used by Far Side and others on a different forum your plants are well on their way to an epic harvest Good Job!

Fantastic Amy, your Garden is looking Grand!!

Ive used 50/50 coco/perlite and just straight coco. I know the straight can be more forgiving and the perlite makez drainage faster but you def gotta ‘fertigate’ more. As for run off i aim for 10-20 but sometimez im high and waste nutes. Usually 3-4 cups per feeding/ wetting (2 times) if maintained in 5 gallon container.

Plants are stunning!

Thanks for the complimentary words folks :Namaste:

Hi Amy your plants look very healthy I've done two grows in COCO and I really like the simplicity of it. Both of my grows were done with Canna Coco A&B, Silicon and PK boost during flower I harvested over a pound from my Girl Scout Cookies, and Dragons Blood my next grow will be done with the very inexpensive Mega Crop nutrients used by Far Side and others on a different forum your plants are well on their way to an epic harvest Good Job!
Hey SOG, thanks! And :welcome: to my tent Garden of Eden

I remember perusing some of your journals when I was researching the Canna brand. SOme folks have had probs wth their base nutes - I know Cultivator doesn’t like them, e.g. - but you didnt seem to and I never found anything negative about this organic line so dove in. Over time I expect I’ll add more enhancements, like silica for example. Once I see if my Calcium supplement is working ok or not.

Heaps of my buddies here are using the Mega Crop and having quite a good time with it, as far as I can tell. @InTheShed has transitioned using it exclusively now I believe.
leaves on Bubba are mesmerizing! :thumb:
IKR! In person they looked airbrushed. Now I just have to keep things there. :morenutes:
if I remember correctly, she stated that was just a starting point
Thanks for that.

I worked out that 1TBLSP/gal is 4ml/L so that would mean you’re at about a 1/3 strength (roughly, of the original recommendation) so it’s good to know you have no probs from it and no obvious calmag issues. Your plants are looking tops!

I am thinking about a silica supplement, like I mentioned above, but should prolly do a full run without it and get an idea. The stems of these ones a certainly solid, so I should just keep watching for now :)

Have you tried the bags with dry ice or frozen quater?. Just shake and you get full melt keif no waiting for it to dry.
High brix! Thanks for dropping in. :welcome: I’ll be curious if Age has tried that or not. I love hash :love: but don’t have the capacity to make it with ice or dry ice. I have a little hash maker someone wonderful sent me tho’, which I’m really looking forward to shaking some of this Bubba Hash in once its done!

Do you make dry ice hash? And what’s “frozen quarter”? :hmmmm: It vaguely rings a bell but I don’t know what it is.

I am thinking about a silica supplement, like I mentioned above, but should prolly do a full run without it and get an idea. The stems of these ones a certainly solid, so I should just keep watching for now :)

May I suggest Dyna Gro's Pro Tekt. It's one of the more time tested Silica products. I've tried Grow Tek's Pro Silicate when Amazon was out of quarts of Pro Tekt. It did ok but is far more prone to fall out of suspension when combined with your other nutes.

I make it fo sure!!!! And I miss the s. Frozen quarters. Coins. I prefer dry ice. You put the buds or larf in with the dry ice in the bag wait 20minutes and shake like heck. With frozen quarters or bolts or whatever you put the buds in the bag with the frozen coins and put the whole thing in the freezer over night. Your freezing the trichs so they break off and fall out the back when you shake. Prior to dabbing it was the best I’ve had.
High brix! Thanks for dropping in. :welcome: I’ll be curious if Age has tried that or not. I love hash :love: but don’t have the capacity to make it with ice or dry ice. I have a little hash maker someone wonderful sent me tho’, which I’m really looking forward to shaking some of this Bubba Hash in once its done!

Do you make dry ice hash? And what’s “frozen quarter”? :hmmmm: It vaguely rings a bell but I don’t know what it is.

Have you tried the bags with dry ice or frozen quater?. Just shake and you get full melt keif no waiting for it to dry.

I have only tried the bubble bag method. Dry ice has always been tough to come by or expensive where I'm at. I don't remember which. Frozen Quater?

:reading420magazine:

Update: Candida CD-1 day 47-50

full

It’s been a little while since we had a look at this CD-1, in all its mutant glory. I love mutants (X-Men anyone :D?) but I’m not quite sure how to handle it on a plant :hmmmm:

Mutations aside for a minute (I’ll get to that), Candida is less hungry than most plants. I’ve ever so slightly burnt the tips and since then have made sure that the drenches are at the lower end of the range and things seem good. I will also back off the next Brix it gets as I’m not sure it wasn’t that which triggered the burn (a combination of things most likely). Again, what I’m talking about there is super subtle and I’m not worried about it - just observing :). I think it looks very good indeed! It couldn’t be more different to the Bubba tho’ in terms of appetite! This one eats like a bird :laughtwo:

From the side - I’ve tidied up some lower hanging leaves since this photo but haven’t pruned any more yet. I’m leaf tucking a lot and bending over the 2 higher main tops everyday.

full

While I have, like I said, removed most of those lower leaves, the rest of it has filled in quite a lot. These pics were all taken about 3-4 days ago. I took a few this morning for comparison which you’ll see in a min., after we checkout the mutated mutated branch.

No that wasn’t a typo ;) All 4 main branches (from the UBT) are triploid branches.
full

full

Mostly the shoots coming off them have normal, double shoot nodes and tops (phewf!). But remember that one main branch that was growing fused to the main trunk? That I had to surgically detach about a month ago (just before the UBT)?

full

Well that branch now looks like this (I’m stoked with the UBT btw - look at the development in only 3.5 weeks since :D).
full

While the opposing main branch to this one has triploid nodes all the way up, this one is a little different. Once the triploids start (at about the 3rd node), there is a triple node, then a single one, then a triple, and so on.
full

So that’s a mutated version of the mutation :thedoubletake:

full

I’ll have to read around a bit to get a sense of what to expect as it flowers. I remember Dutchman had a triploid that he grew out. In the spots where there are 3 strong branches coming out I suppose I’ll aim to remove the one growing on the under side. That said, a couple of those are super vigorous.

They’re all very cloneable I’m sure, but I’m still not in a ‘cloning way’ and besides, I’m not sure I’d want to carry forward the triploid trait in any case. They’re fun and all, but I have some memory of reading that they might not bud so well. Maybe I’m making that up :hmmmm: I’m sure some of you will have some experience to share :nomo:

This morning i got a good photo of the opposing main branch to that one, showing it’s consistent triple nodes.
full

So it’s going to be a fun one to prune :eek: Will really test my mettle!

I’m not sure if it’s correct to say triploid or whorled phylotaxy, as I’m not sure they are precisely the same thing. I’m going to have to look that up :nerd-with-glasses:

Meanwhile, the middle growth is filling in quite well, and mostly they seem to be regular diploid (is that a word?) in structure. Day 50 (3 days on from the earlier photos).

full

full

I’ll sign off with a bookend, a topview pic from this morning which, compared to the one above taken 3 days ago, shows a really nice amount of growth. It doesn’t quite fit inside the black floormat to frame the photo anymore! :ganjamon:

full

There we are, now CD-1 isn’t so neglected for attention :love::yummy:

Sending everyone love and great vibes on this fine Wednesday morning downunder. Thanks for all your keen eyes on things!

:love:
:Namaste:

May I suggest Dyna Gro's Pro Tekt. It's one of the more time tested Silica products. I've tried Grow Tek's Pro Silicate when Amazon was out of quarts of Pro Tekt. It did ok but is far more prone to fall out of suspension when combined with your other nutes.
:thanks: I’ll see if my local hydro shop (the one 100miles away!) carries that one.

Back
Top Bottom