Icemud's Breeding Projects And Motherchucking Pollination Extravaganza

Sometimes clones taken from mother plants that hermie will grow out with no intersex issues. Always worth a try if you’re working with a mom that’s worth keeping otherwise.

Hey Everyone, Happy Friday!!!!

Today makes day 24 of flowering (from the flip) on my Orange Fruity Pebbles OG project. So far, everything is going well, and all plants are now in full bloom and trichomes are just starting to show on some of the plants.

Between the 2 female Orange Fruity Pebbles OG, there is definitely some differences between the phenotypes.

Phenotype 3 is smaller than the other, and seems to have less vigor. The buds are slightly larger on pheno 3 and seem to have slightly more trichomes currently, as well as much denser nugs. The terpene profile on this pheno on a stem rub is sweet orange mixed with hot wax, like those old wax machines you used to see at the circus or fairs back in the day...

Pheno 5 has much more vigor and is definitely dominant in size and tops, but the nugs seem to be just a tiny bit smaller, less dense and have slightly less trichomes. The terps however on this pheno are very very strong, and pleasant and smell like a leather chemical cleaner with a sweetness to it. Very strong on a stem rub.

The Birthday Cake S1 I have going also is a very beautiful plant, and I love how the leaves look on it, and its structure is amazing. It has very interesting leaf serrations which are quite jagged, and it also has some edges of the leaves that roll up, not curling like a plant issue, but more of some kind of genetic upwards shape on the edges of the leaves. Very cool looking. I haven't given this one a stem rub in a while, but its definitely starting to gain bulk and frost up as well.

All of the other plants look great and are equally happy and healthy.

I will be leaving the males in for probably another 5 days at max and then will be pulling them out of the tent as I will no longer need them and rather have the room for the ladies to spread out and get thick :)

Well Thats all for now... Have a great friday everyone! I will do a Chocolate Thai update soon as well :)

Here is my creation, black cherry soda (reversed) x black diamond OG.

These photos were taken about a week ago, so around day 14 of flowering or so.. This one is getting dusted with pollen from the orange fruity pebbles og.

The BCS x BDOG has a smell like cherry robatussin but with a very sweet berry artficial smell as well, very sweet.

By the way.. the dust look you see on the leaves is pollen.. no PM or mites.. LOL

Happy Friday and Holiday weekend everyone!

Here is my Chocolate Thai project update....

So on August 21st, I put 6 chocolate thai seeds into water to get them started. 4 of the seeds cracked open within 24 hours and were placed into soil. The other 2 seeds did not crack, and therefore I let them go another 24 hours in water. After 48 hours, they still had not cracked so I decided to use a knife an force them open, which worked. I then placed the additional 2 seeds in to soil and place them with the others in the grow tent.

The original 4 seedlings emerged, but the 2 others did not. So I grabbed 2 more Chocolate Thai seeds, placed them in water for 24 hours and both seeds cracked, so they were placed into soil. Only one of these 2 popped and germinated, therefore at this point I only had 5 seedlings. Since Chocolate Thai has a female to male ratio of around 4:1, having 5 just wasn't enough for me to ensure a male, and so I popped 2 more seeds into water, both cracked and were placed into soil. Both of these germinated. So now, I have 7 total Chocolate Thai seedlings which have sprouted. One of the seedlings from the original 4 has been struggling and growing very slow, but as long as its alive, I'm happy. Sometimes the runts turn out to be amazing.

I have to say, so far this was probably the most trouble I've had getting seeds to germinate, so not sure if its strain related, or the seeds just weren't as good as others I've popped, but at least now I have the legendary Chocolate Thai in my garden :)

I also took a clone of each of the Orange FPOG that I have going in my other project, which will be added to this project as well, and also carried over the Birthday Cake S1 (cannarado).

Well not much yet to take photos of since they are seedlings.. but here they are in all of their chocolately glory! (there is 1 other which is not in the photo as it was out of range in the tent. Total of 7 seedlings.

Also you will see in the photo, that I have some fungus gnats on the yellow sticky card... after having 4 sticky cards in the grow, and hit the soil with mosquito dunks (BTi) there are no more gnats :) This 2 part trick has worked flawlessly every time :)

Nice work on getting rid of the gnats and great determination on getting those Chocolate Thai seeds to germinate! :high-five:
I hope they don't all turn out to be male, which would be my luck! :rofl:

I think I asked this but did your Chocolate Thai come from Hazeman?

Yea, he did a limited seed run back late last year... luckily I managed to get a pack. He crossed DrawOh chocolate thai 2.5 x DrawOh chocolate thai 2.5 to make these.

I saw it was made with Drawoh Cut, $50 per pack is a hell of a deal on those

Yea Hazeman is very very fair with his pricing. (and great list of genetics too) :)

The 88/G13 Hashplant caught my eye too.
I have a pack of those as well, I've actually been dying to pop them but haven't gotten to them yet...

I also have his Grape 13 and Fat Purple which I can't wait to pop!!

I highly recommend Hazemans grape stoper/sour grapes too... Fantastic strain!

Happy Friday everyone!!! (and Saturday to you East coasters!) lol

Orange Fruity Pebbles OG open pollen project.

So far I am really pleased how this project is going.. (Don't get complacent ICEMUD!!!!, no experimenting !!!! LOL) I always seem to try something new and screw things up, so going to try to keep on track this run.

Today makes day 30 of flowering (from the flip) and things are looking really good. I removed all 4 males earlier in the week as they were nearing the end of their pollen sacks that were yet to open, and they have already spread enough pollen for me to seed half of the state..lol I clipped all the sacks off and put them in a plastic shopping bag to dry.

I then spread out the girls, giving them more room and added some bamboo stakes to keep them standing tall. I have been feeding them 1/2 of the volume I normally do, and instead feeding more frequent which is different from most of my previous runs but seems to keep the plants the happiest, and minimizes the roots sitting in saturated soil. I've been keeping my nutrient regiment the same:

5 gallons of r/o water:
40 ml of tigerbloom
40ml of bigbloom
20ml of botanicare cal/mag
30ml of earthjuice catalyst
4 ml mammoth p
20ml of bio-cozyme
20ml of kangaroots
20ml of humic acid
ph adjusted to 6.4 ish

The 2 Orange FPOG phenos
are looking pretty good and starting to fill in, as well as develop some decent trichomes. Its "on par" with my average strains, but not as frosty as my trainwreck or gorilla glue which are always my 2 frostiest strains. The terp profiles of the phenotypes has changed quite significantly, where pheno 3 change to smell like pine. It smells almost identical to my trainwreck which is odd because TW is such a unique strain, however FPOG does have trainwreck in it, so it may be expressing the trainwreck terps.. ). The other pheno, pheno 5 has a very rank baby poo nose stinging smell with some ripe fruit back end.. very disgustingly good smelling.. LOL I don't smell any citrus or orange now, but it may change again before the cycle is finished.

Pheno 3

Pheno 5

The Birthday Cake S1 that I am growing also looks fantastic and is starting to get close to rivaling my 2 frostiest strains. It definitely is a beautiful strain/plant and the buds and leaves are just gorgeous! I haven't given it a stem rub in a while so not sure how it smells.

Other than that, all is good in the tent and everything is healthy!

Also, I pray for anyone who is effected by the terrible fires on the west coast. Please be safe everyone!!!

Very nice, Brother! :welldone:

I've got a bunch of Hazeman gear, including the Chocolate Thai, I've been wanting to run, I just haven't had the time to deal with males, yet, and everything he has is REG seeds. I did run some of his Pine Tar Kush ('79 X-mas bud) and that was some great smoke, I just wasn't really happy with the plant structure (or mottled leaves!) on those.

Looking super Icemud, the TW leaner sounds interesting.

Yea I didn't expect it to get terpenes almost identical to my TW... I'm still curious if its going to change again or get more complex, or if pine/lemon TW terps are to stay. I kind of hope it will change again, but only time will tell. I am really interested in the sharp baby poo, dank smelling one.. its offensive, but smells very strong. :) Lots of time left in the cycle :)

Back
Top Bottom