InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Man i hope things change for the better for you , same here with the older folks homes and now the Jails Damn stuff !! I have seen a lot of people bitching about wanting to reopen America But luckily there are more smarter people rejecting that for now !? Friend just text me and want to come hang out , haven't seen him in Months (( i got to get more info before that's going to happen . Hang in there brother this can't last forever . Wishing you the Best !

You made the right decision. I can’t imagine anyone recommending you go there now, your dad certainly wouldn’t.
Are those cuttings just stuffed in soil?
Thanks Fudo. I feel even better about the decision today.

I do my cloning based on the @beez0404 method he details very well here. I've made a few modifications (the biggest being that I use Dip'n Grow cloning liquid which I 100% recommend). If you want to give it a try let me know and I'll break down the other mods of mine. But the method is sound!
That's the decision I had to make 2 weeks ago Shed. It's sadly the right one no matter how much it hurts. :hug: None of us would allow our children to bring the possibility of death home in exchange for a last in person goodby. I can't stop crying as I write this damn it. I know your pain Shed, you did the right thing!:love:
Thank you otter. That was a hard one for you, and it came to a very sad conclusion. If it goes that way for me and my dad I will still be able to remember all the fun we had even when he had no idea who I was. I do hope we get past this and we will get to do it again.
Logically you did what made sense and there's no easy answer or solution in times like this. Everyone is trying to understand what to do and with mixed messages everywhere it's very concerning for many. If others took the time that you did then maybe things wouldn't be as widespread as they are. Hopefully the staff can contain the spread and keep everyone safe at their home.
Thanks MrS. In the face of a virus, logic had to prevail. I'm waiting to hear back as to whether they are testing everyone or waiting for symptoms first.
Wow that was quite a read to catch up ITS, this thread shifts.
I'm sorry you needed to make such a difficult decision, but think you made the right call. There are so many unknowns with this thing.
Has an answer come up in the sex game yet? Just my luck to be late, my guess would be 2 x girls.
Thanks PD! This thread does shift, and I do use it to talk about the stuff going on in my life. I have no local friends of my own and just a few close friends scattered on the east coast who I talk to rarely, so this is my outlet.

And the answer to the sex game is indeed 2x girls! Now I'm picking the one to transplant, partly by rubbing the stems and smelling them per @Amy Gardner's thought. I'm guessing I want the smellier of the two?
Hi Shed, I’m sorry to hear things didn’t go as planned. :love: :hug:
Interesting little clone/seed experiment happening here. Cant wait to learn more about it.
Thank you double H. And Amazon is out of everything I want (iso, H2O2...stuff growers need all the time is now in high demand!), but maybe there hasn't been a run on STS :). Not sure how I'm going to wash off the PM without the H2O2. :hmmmm:
Thinking of yourself in his position was a good approach. Sending you positive vibes, Shed.
Thanks Felipe. It was part of my mulling the whole thing over in the shower!
Thanks for sharing about the hard decision you had to make concerning your dad. I too believe it was the right decision. I like the fact that you made a rational, well thought out, selfless act. Putting yourself in your dad's shoes was touching. I'll be praying for you, your dad and your family. Stay safe my friend.
Thank you BigD. I try to share the stuff I can here in case it helps someone besides me!
Man i hope things change for the better for you , same here with the older folks homes and now the Jails Damn stuff !! I have seen a lot of people bitching about wanting to reopen America But luckily there are more smarter people rejecting that for now !? Friend just text me and want to come hang out , haven't seen him in Months (( i got to get more info before that's going to happen . Hang in there brother this can't last forever . Wishing you the Best !
Thanks sb. I have noticed a lot more people violating the physical distancing rules, like my neighbors who have another family with kids over for a pool party today, or the family across the street where the grownups stay 6 feet apart in the front yard while a horde of kids play together in the back yard like nothing is going on. I'm sure this is harder on folks with younger kids but the safety needs can't change.

We have had a few people over at a distance on our front lawn, but we even disinfect the gate latch on the fence after they touch it.

I'm guessing I want the smellier of the two?
Well yes - i was suggesting that if they seemed even Stevens in every other department. If they’re both as vigorous then whichever one smells better to you!

How do they compare in terms of vigour? Not so much size (although that can matter ;) but not always), but branching and posture i guess. Is the more obviously female one also more perky?

I just had to cancel my amazon subscription. Not worth it when everything is sold out or takes a month to ship! Walmart has been better about having things like that in stock (H202, etc), maybe try them? $35 order for free ship.
You might have to resort to getting after that WPM with milk, or baking soda? Good luck Shed!

I just had to cancel my amazon subscription.
Thanks double H! I wouldn't cancel my Amazon Prime but I will check out Walmart. There aren't any real Walmarts down here though.
i was suggesting that if they seemed even Stevens in every other department. If they’re both as vigorous then whichever one smells better to you!
I just upcanned AK-47b because even though I wasn't fond of either smells, it was the smellier of the two. That should mean more terpenes at the end I'm hoping! The other one is going to the guy who gave me the seeds.
Is the more obviously female one also more perky?
They are so tied down it wasn't possible to get "perky" from either!

AF-47b transplant day! It was already dried out from yesterday morning, so rather than water it I upcanned it to its final 7g home, on day 52 (ignore the caption if it reads 62):

I re-tied the canopy flat and will basically let it grow up from here:

It got watered with 3.5g/gallon MC and the DE water from yesterday.

My son will bring an in-demand skill with him to college in the fall (if he passes Statistics and there are classes in the fall!):

My son will bring an in-demand skill with him to college in the fall (if he passes Statistics and there are classes in the fall!)
Nicely done! What type of papers are those? Please tell me he didn't stuff a pre-rolled cone. That's like cheating on his exams come spring if in fact there are classes ;)

sweet.
i roll the worst way ever. i actually roll backwards :rofl:
no one should learn to do it the way i do ...

been known to be able to do it under stupid hard conditions though ... :p

He rolls the filter, paper, and the first inch of weed. Then he packs the rest.
That’s an excellent technique! Thank him for me :D

Niice looking roots on that AF-47 transplant... all fine & feathery :thumb:

other one is going to the guy who gave me the seeds.
cool you’ll be able to check if there’s merit in the smell test :)

sweet.
i roll the worst way ever. i actually roll backwards
no one should learn to do it the way i do ...
been known to be able to do it under stupid hard conditions though ...
Backwards? Like playing guitar behind your head? I roll the old fashioned way with tapered ends. Nothing fancy but it worked in the 70s! Now I don't roll at all :).
I hope it’s like riding a bike. Haven’t rolled one in years .
It's like falling off a bike. You never forget how!
That's OK in my books. It's like using crib notes but leaving them at home.
I'll let him know :thanks:
That’s an excellent technique! Thank him for me
I will! All the way from Australia :).
Niice looking roots on that AK transplant... all fine & feathery
Thanks, but before we go to far down that road, it's an AF-47, for African sativa x AK-47.
cool you’ll be able to check if there’s merit in the smell test
Hadn't thought of that! Though he grows in a tent so the environmental conditions won't match, for what it's worth.

Since tomorrow (Sunday) is scheduled as Fruit Punch chop day - day 57 (I will do one last scope of the trichomes Justin Case I want to give it a few more days), here are some pics of its (most likely) last day:

I put it in the shed so I can leave it in the dark until I have time to get it out to (probably) chop it tomorrow. The nights have been in the mid 60s so I'm not worried about the chill:

Golden Tiger now has the tent to itself.

As soon as you get a new front door you can get back to cloning and run out of room too!

Well said J Wills!

Thanks for all your kind thoughts, but the day did not go as planned. It started with a phone call from the corporate HQ of the assisted living company telling me that someone in the memory care wing (not my dad) was diagnosed with COVID-19. So I called the director of my dad's facility to see if that was going to change the visit plans from their end, but he was so busy trying to sort out what the next steps were (with city and county health departments) with the infected person that he didn't return my calls.

I also began to wonder if it was a good idea at all, to visit a place where anyone and everyone could be infected, given the spread in old-age facilities. The virus obviously came in from someone who worked there as there have been no visitors for 6 weeks and the residents couldn't leave the place. So there's no telling how far it has spread.

I imagined that my dad was still clear-headed and was in a rehab place that had an COVID-infected patient...what would he tell me to do? Being a very cautious and selfless person, he would tell me that the health of my family was more important than going to visit him. That he'd be fine and to take care of myself and his loved ones.

And though I realize that things could go south very quickly (either with him getting the infection or just eating less and less as the days go by, and that I might not ever get to see him again), I wasn't sure the risk of bringing home the virus was something I was comfortable with. So I decided not to go until they had more knowns than unknowns.

It was a really tough decision and I'm still not completely comfortable with it, but I know that while we might have had a good time together, his life would be no different after I left than before I got there. On the other hand mine and my family's might be very different. So I just hope for the best.

Again, thanks for the love.
Hoping for the best for you and your family Shed, that's gotta be rough to deal with.

We have had a few people over at a distance on our front lawn, but we even disinfect the gate latch on the fence after they touch it.

It's great you are cautious Shed and I'm probably uncausious but It's important that we don't get paranoid over this either.

We need to be able to trust that gate latch in the future just as we did before all this happened with the virus, or else our way of living is doomed.

Seen the film Aviator with DeCaprio? Love it, really shows how the human mind can play tricks on us.

Sorry I ramble too much, you are doing the right thing Shed. :green_heart:

Fruit Punch

That one looks great!

What happened to the one I managed to get you to keep, it had some deformed leafs?

Back
Top Bottom