InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

After having my work stolen and used by a youtuber as their own I've decided to do that going forward.
o_O

I gave up 10s and now 7 is my biggest cloth pot. We'll see how I do with 40lb plastic buckets. :hmmmm:
I was going to recommend you revisit my DIY Trolley link, but @Carcass beat me to it. Thanks, C :Namaste:
I've considered that but there are too many level changes and brick edging and packed soil to get over on the way down.
That's why I used 10 inch wheels. It makes going over uneven surfaces more manageable.
so you don't have get on your hands and knees two or three times a day to feed the plants.:lot-o-toke:
Once I get down there it not only takes forever it seems to get back up again but to also shake the cobwebs from my head.🕸️
I can definitely relate to this!
The ideal tool for you and the Mrs is HERE.
I've got one of those - they work great!

Monday update stage 2: the one where I move both Summer grow plants into really heavy buckets on day 34!

First up was the 5 Killer Cookies coming out of the 1 gallon perlite SWICK. Here are the roots in the perlite:

I knocked off as much perlite as I could without damaging the roots:

Here's the full rootball:

Notice that the root growth near the top is pretty sparse, to the extent that I had to handle this carefully to prevent the top from falling apart! It's definitely focused on growing roots where the water is.

I sprinkled the roots and the hole with @DYNOMYCO, and put it in the new SWICK bucket:

I top-watered it with about 3/4 gallon Prescription Blend week-4 veg, and weighed it:

Oof on my back...and that's not with a full res!

Next up was Grandpa's Moonshine, moving from a regular top-watered 1 gallon pot to the SIP I built on Saturday. Here it was before transplant:

The more evenly-distributed roots:

I broke up the bottom per @Azimuth's recommendations so that there would be more soil between the plant and the top of the SIP res tub, sprinkled it all with Dynomyco, and planted it:

At this point I was out of PB nutes so I top-watered it with half a gallon of MC at 4.5g/gallon (standard veg strength). Since the res is full that should last it for a while now!

Here they both are after I managed to carry them into the tent last night:

And this morning with the mother plants:

I increased the @Mars Hydro SP 250 to 100 watts and set the height for 21,000lux at the tops:

The light is on a slant to make up for the height difference between them.

I mixed up more PB this morning and added a little less than 1/2 gallon to the SWICK res before it overflowed onto the tent floor, so it too should be set for water for a while. They're all living inside today becau

o_O

I was going to recommend you revisit my DIY Trolley link, but @Carcass beat me to it. Thanks, C :Namaste:

That's why I used 10 inch wheels. It makes going over uneven surfaces more manageable.

I can definitely relate to this!

Those lifting straps work great I had one, but I do not know what happen to it. That means it worked well if it goes missing.

Quick Tuesday update with pics of the plants this morning. We get about 45 minutes of sun and then it's all grey until late afternoon. Still, I thought I'd let them get whatever sun they can these days, but I won't be carrying them on my own again! The SIP was doable but the SWICK was a struggle, so I'll enlist help for the twice daily schlep.

Here they are on day 36:

I'll be topping the 5 Killer Cookies tomorrow and Grandpa's Moonshine this weekend. I think they both have 9 nodes now and 8 is what I usually keep.

I hope you're all sunny and bright!

Quotes:
If you ever do go solo I hope you're smarter than me and make your table or tray at least waist high so you don't have get on your hands and knees two or three times a day to feed the plants.
You'd need a lot of headroom to start at waist high given how tall you grow those beauties!
The ideal tool for you and the Mrs is HERE.
Thanks GDB! When it comes time to move the huge pots some of my lemon trees are in I will definitely be buying that thing. :thumb:
I once gave my younger brother a bookmark for Christmas. It had come free with a nice hardback I’d bought my Nan
Such a kind and caring sibling. ;)
IKR?
I was going to recommend you revisit my DIY Trolley link, but @Carcass beat me to it. Thanks, C
Great advice but it's 3 steps down to the garage where the tent is (for now...the house is 4 steps up). :thanks: for thinking of me!
Oh news travels fast. :)
Those lifting straps work great I had one, but I do not know what happen to it. That means it worked well if it goes missing.
I believe BeezLuiz has it now. :hmmmm:
Someone took a picture of yours and put it in a video?!
Huh. Did you report it? That sucks mate.
Someone took my entire supercropping tutorial (pics and ideas) and made their own video on it. From looking around this asshat's channel it seems to be his MO.

I looked into reporting it but the process was too involved for me to bother. If I planned to monetize my work here I'd go through it, but I did tell them to put my credit in the description. No word on that yet...
That women look like she'd slap a knot on yer head if you didn't do it right Off to the races Shed , Man don't hurt ur self this is sa post to bee Fun !
LOL thanks sb! I will go back to keeping it fun with help from my family. 👩‍👩‍👦

Confirmed, BeezLuiz has @KeithLemon’s strap.

And they bare an uncanny resemblance to a popular 1980’s video game character…

😂

Nick
I looked everywhere for that thing and now I find out how has it.

it occurred to me that there was almost no depth below the existing roots for new roots to grow. :(
When I finally took my earthbox apart I found the reason I couldn't fit the scope through the hole and into the rez. It was because the bottom floor where the soil lies was right there! So every time I gave it a fill, it raised the water and touched the bottom of the soil! I'm thinking you're not going to have any negative grow waves there.
Very little was taken up by the soil overnight and I'm thinking larger holes might speed up that process. Thoughts @Azimuth?
Maybe but I think the plant will start drinking and all the water will start to be drank then.

So many updates in a row...where even are you? But it was topping-time on day 37 so here it goes. (I promise to give it a break while we wait for something of significance after this.)

Here's the 8th and 9th nodes on the 5 Killer Cookies:

Off with its head!

Its head:

Alive even without its head:

And then I stripped all lower growth off the bottom three nodes so that only the ends remained:

I'd be doing that anyway pre-flip so I've started doing it earlier and earlier.

Grandpa's Moonshine nodes 8 9 10:

Topped:

Top:

Not enough growth on this yet to have to do any lower clearing, but I'm hoping that will change soon enough!

Water height in GM's SIP res after 4 days (including some top watering on upcan):

That's all from me today, and on the plus side every picture tells a story don't it? :thanks: for stopping by!

Quotes:
When I finally took my earthbox apart I found the reason I couldn't fit the scope through the hole and into the rez. It was because the bottom floor where the soil lies was right there! So every time I gave it a fill, it raised the water and touched the bottom of the soil! I'm thinking you're not going to have any negative grow waves there.
Thanks Otter! I did manage to get a couple of inches of soil between the roots and the res but I'll know after harvest how they did down there.
Maybe but I think the plant will start drinking and all the water will start to be drank then.
That's the hope anyway. :)

Beautiful SIP and SWICK builds Shed! They're holding two hunnies now! Good on you for taking what's yours with the watermark!
Thanks Otter! I'll start laying the top node flat on the 5KC tomorrow with StankClips® but it may take a few days on the GM before it's even ready for that.

Crazy about having to watermark, but now that I know folks are stealing our hard work it seems like the best (if inconvenient) way.

Water height in GM's SIP res after 4 days
That water is going somewhere, so your SIP must be sippin' !
It won't be long till you'll need to fill that thing once a day...
I know that's a big rez, but it's also going to be a big plant...I'm thinking real big...

That water is going somewhere, so your SIP must be sippin' !
It won't be long till you'll need to fill that thing once a day...
I know that's a big rez, but it's also going to be a big plant...I'm thinking real big...
Not too big! I'll have to flip it when it's about the same size as my usual 7 gallon plants to make it fit through the shed door. :)

It was so funny last night when I asked my son to help me carry them the tent. He said "help?" and carried them in like they were nothing! Oh to be young and strong. 💪

Looking great! That 5KC is really liking that SWICK. Gonna be hard for GM to catch up with that growth! :morenutes:

Someone took my entire supercropping tutorial (pics and ideas) and made their own video on it. From looking around this asshat's channel it seems to be his MO.

I looked into reporting it but the process was too involved for me to bother. If I planned to monetize my work here I'd go through it, but I did tell them to put my credit in the description. No word on that yet...

the board could sue and / or shut him down. any pics or content displayed or hosted on the board is the property of the forum. the board has an existing relationship with youtube that could be jeopardized if they don't comply.

i would discuss this with some mods or @420 / mark himself.

it's not the first time i've heard of content being ripped. usually it's someone reposting on another site as if it was their work, and not a monetized platform.

Looking great! That 5KC is really liking that SWICK. Gonna be hard for GM to catch up with that growth!
Thank you BL! I have a sneaking suspicion that the 5KC will be flipped well before the GM. :)
the board could sue and / or shut him down. any pics or content displayed or hosted on the board is the property of the forum. the board has an existing relationship with youtube that could be jeopardized if they don't comply.

i would discuss this with some mods or @420 / mark himself.

it's not the first time i've heard of content being ripped. usually it's someone reposting on another site as if it was their work, and not a monetized platform.
Thanks bluter, Rob's been made aware of the situation. :thumb:

Nice stumps Shed :thumb::thumb: although, your stems are so thick and strong, I don’t think you even need them!! Really looking forward to seeing these new grow styles in action. 🤓 Grandpa’s moonshine is already looking happier to me. Lastly, I’m glad Shed Jr.is home for the summer to “help” with the schlepping. No hernias allowed!

Back
Top Bottom