InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

I’ll say it again here... beautiful monarch! :love:

Big tree looking good and ready :thumb: and wow those roots! Especially Candida :eek: Do you score your roots when you transplant? I can’t remember if you do. CD looks like it could have used a good scoring. Them is some thick roots. If it keeps that up you’ll have a great harvest from it (another one!).

@Agemon i can confirm that the candida I grew did not cope with direct sun on the most intense days. I worked out that it wasn’t just heat, but heat combined with direct sun. Hotter days under the light diffusing plastic shelter were better than less hot days in direct beating sunlight. So I don’t know if it was heat or intensity or some combination of the 2. Whatever it was it gave CD-1 the dropsy. And yes, including soft leaves and dropsy stems. Is yours outside?
Newty had dropsy issues with hers in veg as well - which sorted itself out in flower. So that was indoor. Maybe experiment with adjusting light intensity/heat and see if it gets happier. :Namaste:

She's still inside, I've topped a couple of branches and they are forked so are not. I will have a look at those untopped ones later. snip snip
Snip snip!
On your candidas, at what point do you take your next clone batch?
Whenever I thin is when I usually clone. I still have Candida cuttings in a cup of water from a few weeks ago waiting for me to stick them in ProMix. And when I top after transplant I'll save those as well. I didn't save any BeBo or BC cuttings from yesterday though because I already have clones of them rooted. I did stick some AK-47 cuttings in water because I don't like the look of the Vulx comparison plants. And they root in water anyway!
I’ll say it again here... beautiful monarch! :love:
Thanks Amy! I should be rewarded for letting them eat that one plant they love!
Do you score your roots when you transplant? I can’t remember if you do. CD looks like it could have used a good scoring. Them is some thick roots. If it keeps that up you’ll have a great harvest from it (another one!).
I don't score them anymore but I do rough them up a bit with my fingers. I feel like I was told not to score roots when I transplanted my Blue Treacle auto last year. In the old days I would have broken those up for sure.
Maybe experiment with adjusting light intensity/heat and see if it gets happier.
Age has his inside still, but changing the lighting might help. They are a bit temperamental until they flower.

Wow, those are some roots there! Do you intentionally wait for the roots to get that dense before transplanting, or was that just something that happened?
That Bedroom Cookies is a looker! :thumb:

Not intentional at all BL! I was waiting until I could leave some plants outside at night because they're not going to fit in the shed after tonight's transplant. I didn't realize how root bound they were. :oops:

I'm thinking of leaving out the big three starting tonight, and if they want to get a jump on flowering before Saturday when they go 12/12 that should be fine. The shed will be 3 Candidas and the Sour G for now. Next week it gets more complicated as the shed will be dark from 8pm to 8am and the tent is full. Maybe I can leave the tent open and put the Candidas and Sour G in front. We'll see...

Wow, those are some roots there! Do you intentionally wait for the roots to get that dense before transplanting, or was that just something that happened?
That Bedroom Cookies is a looker! :thumb:

I've been doing that recently with my clones and seedlings, not the autos though. The BeBo cookout clones were pretty root bound upon delivery and everybody growing them is happy with them. Except @DrDoob, he went to Hawaii and they grew up quick.

Super Crop Doc, everybody's doing it...

Candida for the WIN!!!!

I'll do some more next grow when I'm doing seeds and create some fems

Can't believe how much I love this strain

Drive-by

OH BTW not to be a stickler but only moth spin cocoons,,, butterflies make a chrysalis.

Great pic's of them..

I added silica going into flower for a few weeks, but I topped them at least twice so the lower stems got to thicken up. I can tell you from watching Amy grow hers outside that they are not fond of heat.

My Candida Skunk x seems to be loving the heat. But it's soaked right now....

Cool lizard. I have a small army of geckos that come out on the xmas lights on the patio to eat bugs....Ive counted like 12 out there some nights, only 3 tonight....need to get photos.

Thanks for all the info on pain oil Shed. I made some and Mr. H says it’s helping him :yahoo: Lol, can’t wait to make everyone I know try it.
:yahoo:
don’t run out!
Oh true!
Drive-by
OH BTW not to be a stickler but only moth spin cocoons,,, butterflies make a chrysalis.
Great pic's of them..
You are correct sir! Of course cocoon is also easier to spell. Hey, I thought you couldn't didn't read anyway... :hmmmm:
Lol, I don’t know that many people, I’m no Shed! :laughtwo: But at least for my family members to try.
I don't know that many people either. :oops:
I have a small army of geckos that come out on the xmas lights on the patio
Great for the geckos but the neighbors are wondering when the xmas lights are finally coming down ;).

Tuesday update and the pictures just keep rolling in!

I transplanted the last two Candidas into 5 gallon cloth pots last night:

I scratched up the roots more than the last ones. All of the recent transplants will get a week to settle in and then will get topped and shaped since they're pretty lanky.

Here is the Oval of Brightness® last night. All Candida except the one in the back is Sour G:

And that left the Bedroom Cookies clones to get out of their solo cup.

They were completely tangled together. No matter! I used a hose to spray the dirt out and then separated the roots as carefully as possible:

Don't forget the mykos, right @Derbybud ?

And here they are in their new homes. Bedroom Cookies 2.2.1 and 2.2.2:

In case you're wondering, I have a Peyote Critical and some Berry Bomb clones on the heat mat. They are due to move outside by the weekend for hardening off, but this time I will separate them first!

The big three were left outside last night, and the shed group are out today as well even though it's completely overcast. The tent four remain inside to keep them growing, but I raised the light about 4" last night because of the transplant into taller pots.

That's what I've got today. I'll slow down with the pics now as not much will be going on for a while until we see some pistils after Saturday night's flip.

I hope you're feeling sunny where you are!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom