InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks all! One less plant to fit through the door, as yesterday was Berry Bomb chop day, on flip day 61! Here is the harvest update so buckle up and read the text :).

Berry Bomb is from Bomb Seeds, and is a cross of "a hand selected Blueberry mother with the all powerful Bomb #1 father." This is a clone I got from @Agemon when he showed up at a barbecue this spring with a nice box of clones!

As all good harvests start, let's see the plant before the deed is done. Here it is pre-chop all flop:

Cut and piled and waiting for the wash, with a pre-wash harvest total of 2,117 grams:

I saved about 6 ladybugs and a bunch of pupa and larva.

And there was no sun, so I did a bit of enhancing on the @Amy Gardner tribute:

Save the bones for Henry Jones:

Good-sized trunk:

Even bigger when I cut it at the soil surface! This is one solid plant:

I emptied the drying boxes of the Bedroom Cookies to make room, but then I realized a) it probably wouldn't fit anyway, and b) I have an empty tent now!

Here is something I don't usually do, so indulge me these three pics:

I didn't finish trimming until close to 11:00pm last night. And today I got a whole bunch of other stuff done (which I'll post pics of during a slow period), including putting a loupe on the AK-47, and guess what...it's ready to come down! :eek:

That's tomorrow's project. In the meantime, thanks for stopping by! :slide:
Sweet colas from her man. :love:

The PC clone lives and the other two you gave me are pushing pistils. Goin to grab my camera and grab some pics. Thanks Shed!
:nomo:

Nice update Shed and I’m interested to see how those root chopped mothers make out. Looking forward to the AK chop and good breakdown on the clone separation!
All in all well done!
Thanks Dutch! I'm sure they'll eventually sort themselves out. I hope so anyway as I'm looking forward to dumping the backups.
Sweet colas from her man. :love:
GO Shed GO! Thanks for keeping us enthralled. I could watch a good man/woman grow all day long! I need more day!
:green_heart:
Thanks otter!

Looks like a have ALOT of reading to do. Im trying to get on as many Journals as possible to take in as much as possible. Thanks a million for everything you do to help make this THE BEST site for anything growing related.
:welcome: to my perpetual journal HP! Feel free not to read any of the 755 pages here and just jump in with the update from this morning! Ask questions about my crazy grow style when it gets confusing, or about anything else. We have a great group here that can get you the answers you need on so many different aspects of growing...and life!

------------------------------------------------------

Supplemental update I forgot to mention. I took the tomato cage off the lanky Candida and it practically bent all the way to the ground. :eek: So I tied a big bamboo stake to the main stem, stuck a smaller one in the top of that one, and tied everything back up:

There is virtually no airflow through the middle of the plant now, as both this and the other Candida (that I also tied up, though less dramatically) were completely neglected and never got a post-stretch de-larfing. Oh well! I'm going to spray them both down with H2O2 for the PM in there, and when I harvest I'm going to cut the buds off the plant instead of hanging them on the branches as they're going straight to oil without a cure. Going from #nolarf to #alllarf :).

That Candida is crazy!
If it wasn't for larf,i wouldn't have had any smoke for the last few weeks! ...#alittlelarf

Thanks Age, and :thanks: for the clone!

----------------------------------------------------

Alrighty, here is the non-harvest Monday update! In addition to taking down two big plants, I also did a few other things around the garden, so let's have a gander.

First, a big :thanks: to @Pennywise, @Dutchman1990, and @ProfessorFlora for the helpful instructions on keeping a mother plant small (over in Dutch's thread last week). I went ahead and followed their advice on my Peyote Critical 1.1.1 and Berry Bomb 1.3.1 clones in 1 gallon pots.

PC:

BeBo:

I have a spare of each if these don't survive all the root chopping.

I also have a bunch of rooted clones in solo cups from June. You've seen that I put more than one cutting per cup to increase my chances of a good one without taking up more room than I have on the heat mat. This is how I separate them. First, I let them get really well rooted. This is two It's It Punch in one cup:

Well-rooted and tangled together:

I let the ProMix get pretty dry and then rotate the root ball while squeezing it in various spots to make the dirt fall out. It takes some patience to do without damaging the roots, but eventually I have two separate plants.

Then I sprinkle mykos on the roots and replant them in their own cups. Be careful when you compact the soil that you allow the stem to go down as you press, otherwise you shear the roots off the lower branch:

Then soak the medium really well with whatever nutes they had been getting. These are on 3g/gallon MegaCrop.

Last for the day...you may remember that I took the drying Bedroom Cookies 2.2 off the stems thinking I would need the drying box for the Berry Bomb. Here are the BC 2.2 buds in the box:

Because of the high RH in my area, I first had to put the little dehuey in the box with them for a few hours.

I am using the @Derbybud turkey-bag burping method, so I got a large 8lb turkey bag and dumped them all in:

I decide three bags was better!

The bags have settled around 70% now. I open them twice a day for about 30 minutes with the fan on them. If you put a remote control or something similar on the bottom of the opening, the air from the fan blows them open...perfect!

That's it for me today. I've got loads of catching up to do, so apologies in advance for the lag in getting to my sub list. AK-47 harvest update tomorrow. :ciao:
Nice update Shed!
That gives a whole new definition to root pruning lol.
Nice work on the plant separation I always wondered what the best way to separate 2 plants grown in the same pot.

That Candida is crazy!
If it wasn't for larf,i wouldn't have had any smoke for the last few weeks! ...#alittlelarf
Ya gotta smoke what ya gotta smoke! My cupboard is full which is why I'm okay with stripping the fluff off after stretch. But I think the Candida is really hard to go #nolarf on from the way it grows.
Nice update Shed!
That gives a whole new definition to root pruning lol.
Nice work on the plant separation I always wondered what the best way to separate 2 plants grown in the same pot.
Thanks N! It takes time, but if the medium is almost dry and it's got a good amount of perlite in it, they come apart pretty well.
Top notch stuff shed :thumb:
Thanks Itibiti! Sorry I never got to do the airflow clean-out on the Candidas. I ran out of time last weekend and now they're already on flip day 31 (with only about 20 days left). They really got pushed to the back burner with all the other things I had going on.

When I thin an unknown strain after stretch, I try to leave anything that might become part of the branch-end cola and strip the rest. On known strains I take what I know the plant will actually tie together. I trim way higher on my AK-47s than most would because I don't want it to stack too tall...more places for caterpillars to hide :).
#nolarf

Also, I have started leaving as many fans as I can and still have airflow, per @Graytail's recommendation here.

Highya ITS,

I saw your post about your puppy not liking her leash. Mine didn't at first. So we started out slow, and only show her the love. It made an unstressful life event. She's seriously not liking her run (line out to a tree with a sliding tether), so we're going real slow there (we stay with her while she's there, and only for as long as she'll (or us) tolerate), and she's getting used to it, but still doesn't like it. But her spirit is great and she's most always very happy. And I like that.
Oh, Do you have a run for your puppy, or a fenced in area. I'm thinking about putting a fence up instead of the run........
Anyways, great luck in your harvest, and with puppy training. Cheers

Thanks Bode! We don't have a run but we have a fenced front and back yard, so those are her play areas. We're trying to make it fun, chasing the ball with her while we hold the leash, or getting down on all fours and getting her to come to us. We're also going to borrow a small harness to see if it's specifically being on her neck that she doesn't like.

Other than the leash thing, she's really great to be around. And she is definitely a lap dog, which will be even more fun at 60 pounds! Luckily, we love cuddling :).

It's much more fun to train them when we have all the time in the world!

Clicker training works.
I'm not big on clicker training but my wife has decided we're going to give it a try. Group puppy lessons start on the 24th.

We just took her out for a really nice walk around the block, about 15 minutes. We had to carry her out of the yard but the second we put her down on the sidewalk, she was leading the way. But we couldn't coax her out yet. I'm sure it won't be long before she's jumping up and down when we go for the leash!

That Candida is crazy!

You're gonna cause someone to larf their arse off.

Tuesday update, and as promised, it's the AK-47 harvest from Sunday :).

This AK-47 is from 420 and is one of my wife's favorite strains, both because we have so much of it on hand with all the plants I've grown, and because of its hybrid nature. This is AK-47 1.1.1.1.1.1, or a 5th gen clone from the original seed that sprouted in May 2017. I'm not sure when this cut was taken but it could be as early as October 31, 2018 and put in soil Nov. 24th. That would make it a 197 day veg (not surprising for me really). It was harvested on flip day 63.

Here it is, unmoored from all supports:

It was 1,430 grams at harvest.

I ran out of H2O2 when I washed BeBo on Friday, so I went with lemon juice and baking soda (baking soda...I got baking soda):

Even more overcast on Sunday morning, so more playing around with the @Amy Gardner tribute:

Here are the buds after washing.

I don't do the bucket rinsing. I just spray each one down with a hose, shake them off, and hang them on the outside line in the shade to drip dry in front of a 2' box fan.

Save the bones for Henry Jones:

My daughter, who gets a supply of AK whenever she wants it, was talked off the couch (and her instagram surfing) to take off all the fans while I did the trimming. I told her the story of The Little Red Hen to help motivate her. Trimming goes a lot faster with two people, that's for sure!

I consolidated the Berry Bomb harvest on the upper strings in the tent and used the lowers to hang the AK-47:

And that is the end of the big three. Flipped on June 9th with a predicted end date of mid-August, and even back in March I had Aug 10th as an outside date if I flipped on June 1st. So I'm right on schedule :).

Next harvest should be around the first week of September if the Candidas are consistent with the first round.

I hope Monday treated you well, and Tuesday's not so bad. :cool:

Been a busy weekend shed.
Bet getting your girl to help wasnt easy (subtle reminder of her ak requirements perhaps help?) Lol

Back
Top Bottom