InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Thanks Carmen, like I need another auto plant!

Hey POG, :welcome: back after some time away! No dumbass questions here and that (those) certainly isn't (aren't).

I haven't done any grafting of cannabis (or plants generally), but it definitely can be done. @Light Addict did a thread on it here:

The resulting graft would be the age and type of that top but with the maturity and mass of the roots. Many orchards are done that way, where they graft the preferred variety of fruit onto roots that are best suited to survive that environment.

I'm not sure of the advantage of doing it for autos, but for photos you could get a bunch of different varieties flowering on one plant for a varied harvest in a smaller space. And having one mother plant with many varieties on it plant (like LA did) would also save space, though it's a risky endeavor in case the roots go south!
Thanks! I've never really heard much about it, but that sounds wild. It seems though that if one was to get pretty good at it, then you could potentially get some far out strains or cultivars. I'm putting it on the list of shit to try someday.

Its just my theory but it won’t chuck any roots. Its already in flower and it has no source of nutrients other than those stored. It will assign any remaining energy resources to flower to fulfil its raison d’être. But even just a drop of Cal Mag in there (preferably more than that) and you’ll see roots

What do you reckon?

EDIT - We’ve seen something similar giving out free clones in coco. They grow fine for two weeks then they start dying if they only get water, give them even just cal mag you can string them along.
Nick, the clones I'm running now were in flower when I cut them and they rooted in plain tap water in a Solo cup on my windowsill. Just saying.

Nick, the clones I'm running now were in flower when I cut them and they rooted in plain tap water in a Solo cup on my windowsill. Just saying.
Even autos want to try sometimes
IMG_2362.jpeg

In response to @Justin Goody's post Tuesday:

I replied:

I found the video (apologies for the Youtube sign-in requirement):

and at the 3:08 mark he describes how light affects the leaves if there is a potassium deficiency. I don't think I have one but he does recommend flushing the salts from the medium to enable better K uptake. It's probably too late for that on the Ruby Tuesday, but if it's warm this weekend I'll give it a go on it anyway as well as the Queen G.

Thanks to @MrSauga for bringing that video to my attention originally. :ciao:
Nice straightforward video! 🙂

and at the 3:08 mark he describes how light affects the leaves if there is a potassium deficiency. I don't think I have one but he does recommend flushing the salts from the medium to enable better K uptake.
I remember watching this video way back when. It was really good to watch again. :thanks:

hehe...I just was gonna' look fer' that...gracias...cheerz... ...h00k..
You never know where Graytail is lurking!
I can hear them now. "Hey old guy, whats that weed plant there?" And I would reply "Oh, that's my Frapple Berry, Green Crack, Afghani, GrandDaddy Purple, Diesel photo period."
I'll bet he said that at least once! You could do a fruit bowl of varieties. 🍐 🍎 🍋 🍈
Mama I want to live!
Even autos want to try sometimes
Nice roots. :welldone:
Nice straightforward video!
He does explain it well, like MrS used to do back when he liked us!
Well that as interesting Thanks MrS. and intheshed ... Rainbow Weed
Grow the rainbow, taste the rainbow. :)
I remember watching this video way back when. It was really good to watch again.
It's like oldies radio!

Here's a Saturday update since I have news on the aspirin spray for PM: it doesn't work, at least not at the 64mg/L of distilled water I used.

Here are the Candida clones this morning, less than a week after I sprayed them top and bottom:

So scratch that as an answer!

While I'm here I figured I'd get some tent pics of the three autoflowers, starting with the traditional SaugaView®:

And the front view:

I flushed the older two yesterday (Queen G and Ruby Tuesday, far left and right) and fed them after they were done draining. We'll see if it makes any difference, and in the meantime here are a few closeups.

Queen G auto:

For @marcus611a, who thought the colas were big on this plant, here's a lighter for reference (not a floating one, I'm not as magical as @Skunksta!):

The Queen G auto 2:

And the Ruby Tuesday auto:

Lighter for reference:

Colas may appear larger than they actually are. :)

That's it from me today. I hope y'all are having a great weekend, and as the Captain likes to mention around this time in January:
Don’t forget to vote in all the monthly and yearly contests.
:ciao:

Here's a Saturday update since I have news on the aspirin spray for PM: it doesn't work, at least not at the 64mg/L of distilled water I used.

Here are the Candida clones this morning, less than a week after I sprayed them top and bottom:

So scratch that as an answer!

While I'm here I figured I'd get some tent pics of the three autoflowers, starting with the traditional SaugaView®:

And the front view:

I flushed the older two yesterday (Queen G and Ruby Tuesday, far left and right) and fed them after they were done draining. We'll see if it makes any difference, and in the meantime here are a few closeups.

Queen G auto:

For @marcus611a, who thought the colas were big on this plant, here's a lighter for reference (not a floating one, I'm not as magical as @Skunksta!):

The Queen G auto 2:

And the Ruby Tuesday auto:

Lighter for reference:

Colas may appear larger than they actually are. :)

That's it from me today. I hope y'all are having a great weekend, and as the Captain likes to mention around this time in January:

:ciao:
looking good, not bad for a photo grower Lol! how many more grows till you can harvest 7-9 oz from a auto :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom