Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

Ok, guys. I ordered some Nepalese Highland aka. Charas Plant seeds yesterday. Will germinate them as soon as I get them. Sativas started later in the season are supposed to enter flowering quicker, and this landrace is also quite fast finisher, but we'll see about that :)

Cotton Candy is half Lavender but from watching the grows I think it went more into its Power Plant heritage.

I was just browsing through one of our older threads. You might not agree with everything this grower wrote, but some notes got you thinkin' :bong:

Cannabis Facts

And we're back on the track :rollit:

I've done bloodmeal run this morning as this is a last chance to add some organic source of nitrogen without overloading them before flowering. I do not really carry scales everywhere I go, but I'd say I've mixed circa an OZ of bloodmeal with soil per plant without flushing it as I prefer next rainfall to do it for me. All plants are doing well with some minor insect bites in The Shady Spot. Well, this patch has a lil' bit less sun and more humidity, so plants have to fight harder with their natural predators, but it looks fine to me.

Strawberry Blue
strawberry_03.jpg
strawberry_01.jpg
strawberry_02.jpg

Malawi Gold (yes, I found her)
malawi_05.jpg
malawi_04.jpg
malawi_02.jpg
malawi_01.jpg

Hawaiian Skunk Haze
hsh_04.jpg
hsh_01.jpg
hsh_02.jpg

Another Hawaiian Skunk Haze (a candidate for a male this one I think)
hsh_male_01.jpg
hsh_male_03.jpg
hsh_male_02.jpg

I didn't visit last haze, but I'll do it tomorrow!

Happy growing guys!

They're starting to grow up.

:Namaste:

They definitely are, and the hardest part is over! I'll put some Nepalese plants next to them when I pop them, cause there's still some space.

Welcome to my new grow, guys :cheer:
It's been a while since I posted an official journal here, but hopefully this one will make up for all these shadow years ;)

This grow will be an outdoor guerilla grow, 100% organic in terms of soil and in terms of fertilizers as well. It will be done in northern Italy, around 45°N. For Americans (yeah, you are definitely a majority here), the climate here is somehow akin to Northern California or Southern Oregon (more or less) with very long season (I could keep growing until December if I wanted to).

In a nutshell, spring is rainy, but warm, summer is very hot and humid, and autumn starts usually in the second half of October with heavy showers and sudden rise in humidity, but we get first snow around December/January. And temperatures start going down around late November, which gives me an opportunity to grow almost any strain I want, providing it's not susceptible for mould.

This grow will be done in two spots/patches. Last year I did a test run with one of these to clear it for further growing and I was successful - both plants were harvested by the end of October - so I'm gonna use it again with 10 plants this time. Let's call it The Shady Spot as it's hidden in the forest and it doesn't get maximum sun exposure, but has enough light for the plants to grow. Another spot has never been tested, but has plenty of light as it's on southeastern slope (my area is quite hilly) and here I'm gonna put 4 plants (starting small with a new spot is what I prefer). Let's call it the The Sunny Spot.

Soil I have here is brownish loam with plenty of minerals. It's more on the clay side with just a little bit of sand, but with decent amount of organic matter in the upper layer. The Shady Spot has been cleaned up with shears last season, fertilized with wood ash in February, and then dug up well with a shovel as there were plenty of blackberry roots (some as thick as 3"), and then cut again with wood ash and wood chips. The Sunny Spot has been cut with garden compost, biochar and bamboo leaves (silica). Both will be amended again in two-three weeks with crushed sandstone, powdered egg shells, worm castings and blood meal.

Seeds were bought from Herbie's Seeds (one of great sponsors of this forum) and will be germinated in 5-6 days as I'm currently waiting for the new moon. If you like what you're reading, check the post below to find out what strains I'm gonna grow... :tokin:

This is one of them:​
0041562.jpg

i hope i am replying right, im new here and i saw you are an outdoor grower, like relaxedlester, that's how i found this journal, i will read the rest now, i'd like to follow this journal. do i get an email everytime you or a member puts information here? i wont like that, i'll try to fix that, great Italian-journal:bravo:

Let me walk you through it, man!
First, welcome to my journal and get comfy :)
Second, you can choose type of update by clicking thread tools: any time, daily or weekly. If you'd like to respond to something specific, quoting another grower's words is a good idea. Otherwise, you can choose quick reply, and just ramble on :) Hope that helps!

Good weeday everybody!

Hello neighbor greatings from Split,you have nice plants.Have you ever try seagull or bird guano?I also have organic grow but mine is on balcony in pots.I also use banana & eggshell but i want some more phosphor & potassium for flowering.I will follow this journal,i love outdoor grows.:goodjob:
Yeah, I'm ready to go further and amend my soil with some more organic additives next week :bong:

From left to the right mother's little helpers: crushed sandstone, bat guano, powdered egg shells, powdered banana skins.

0071227.jpg

They will provide my plants with phosphorus, manganese, iron, calcium and magnesium :adore:

Nice to see another European grower here, guerillahaze! Make yourself at home, please :bong:

For P & K I use these additives: powdered banana skins, bat guano, crushed lava rock, comfrey + horsetail + stinging nettle extract, wood ash! Feel free to comment or raise any questions!

I'm still catching up Con, thank you for the warm welcome. great updates and i love when you post F° , lol, I struggle with C°.

I have not read anything on (the dreaded) moths/eggs/inchworms, BE AWARE, if you see a moth on your girls/buds, you have eggs.

do you see moths flying around? just after sunset is when I see the most, i'm at 34° N and I just hope you have a plan for keeping the worms out of your wild buds, when your girls start to flower. If you have high humidity, spray can cause mold, organic dust is a good solution, as soon as a moth egg hatches into a worm, when he eats a bite of the dust, he will :rip:

i deploy nets at night this year, last year i spent hours removing eggs from sticky trichomes.

my 2 cents :circle-of-love:
i live close to that latitude too, i will be reading about your moth comment next, i found an inchworm yesterday and i got great help from relaxedlester, thanks 420 members for helping, i like this site, a lot:bravo:
Trichomes, in my climate with this vegetation it's always a constant battle with insects and small animals. Aphids, spiders, whiteflies, gnats, snails, beetles, you name it! But moths haven't bothered my grows yeat I have to say. Maybe it's just a matter of time, but I have an impression they don't like high humidity that much. I obviously have butterflies too so I'm concerned with the legendary (but anecdotal for me) bud worms. Still can't get over this nickname :) The thing is they probably prefer to lay they larvae somewhere else. But I got one pest which's been hard for me to identify, kind of very tiny (about 1mm) light orange larvae which I have to get rid of with a toothpick. I found them this year too, but they didn't come back after my witches' brew treatment. Wonder what they are really? As far as C to F is concerned, I do it for obvious reasons, Americans are a majority here and they seem to be struggling with metric system :) By the way my low 80s now have a constant companion this time of the year, 70 to 80 RH. You can imagine what this does to you in the summer with average temps of 90-105F.

Happy growing to ya all, folks!!!

great share of information on your ingredients, remedies and climate for your grow , thanks again, and i like the US friendly numbers.

i agree with that silly tv character member old fetus about metric simplicity based on 10s 100' etc, but converting celcious to F is not easy for most

It always amazes me how weird metric system is for you, and how your traditional system is for us :)

By the way, I found a big dragonfly on my Green C. this morning, and I really don't know how it got there as plants were closed inside for the night. I had to really fight it to get rid of it :) Anyway, both plants should show preflowers in the next 2 days, cause I've been forcing them for 2 weeks.

°F to °C Deduct 32, then multiply by 5, then divide by 9
°C to °F Multiply by 9, then divide by 5, then add 32

:peace:

Hello neighbor greatings from Split,you have nice plants.Have you ever try seagull or bird guano?I also have organic grow but mine is on balcony in pots.I also use banana & eggshell but i want some more phosphor & potassium for flowering.I will follow this journal,i love outdoor grows.:goodjob:

Nice to see another European grower here, guerillahaze! Make yourself at home, please :bong:

For P & K I use these additives: powdered banana skins, bat guano, crushed lava rock, comfrey + horsetail + stinging nettle extract, wood ash! Feel free to comment or raise any questions!
How do you guys go about preparing the Banana peels? Even prior to reading this I was thinking that would be a good source of calcium & potassium.

°F to °C Deduct 32, then multiply by 5, then divide by 9
°C to °F Multiply by 9, then divide by 5, then add 32

:peace:
Yeah what he said... LOL

Thanks Conradino for info.

Oh that stinging nettle hurts when you brush against it. Yikes!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom