Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

INFESTED:

01/08/2015

Had a recurrence of thrips again. Got some Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad. Hopefully it helps.

FOR RESIDENTIAL USE IN
HOME GARDENS, LAWNS AND ORNAMENTALS
Active Ingredient:
Spinosad (a mixture of Spinosyn A and Spinosyn D) ................ 0.5%
Other Ingredients: .......................................................... 99.5%
Total: ......................................................................... 100.0%
Contains 0.04 pounds of active ingredient per gallon.
EPA Reg. No. 62719-314-54705 EPA Est. No. 48498-CA-1

Hey Jandre...sorry to hear about the thrips but looks like that new spray you got should work... spinosad rocks :) It worked well in my garden and completely rid it of thrips so I got my fingers crossed for ya :) plants look amazing though :)

I don't know where thrips live, but make sure you also spray the soil.
There is no soil.Nut, I did spray the basin and the rocks that the roots are in. Good lookin' out! :thumb: :high-five:

Hey Jandre...sorry to hear about the thrips but looks like that new spray you got should work... spinosad rocks :) It worked well in my garden and completely rid it of thrips so I got my fingers crossed for ya :) plants look amazing though :)
Yeah, I took your advice and went to my grow shop asking for anything with spinosad. They gave me a good OMRI choice. Thanks for the heads-up on this stuff, great to have your advice on it. Good to have an insect control choice from natural means.

if your still having thrip issues try azamax it worked for me
the pupae drop into the media and when it becomes adult its on the leaves both sides
and they are different colors

if your still having thrip issues try azamax it worked for me
the pupae drop into the media and when it becomes adult its on the leaves both sides
and they are different colors

Will continue to watch for them as this grow finishes out, and using the spinosad stuff I have every five days. Then, I'm afraid that I'll have to bleach my hydroton before I continue in this box.

As far as using AzaMax: I appreciate the input on this one, and thank you for bringing it up, but some research on the subject shows that thrips are more susceptible to Spinosad than other pest control methods such as AzaMax, and is persistent up to one week. A write-up on thrips from UC DAVIS shows that spinosad is more effective than azadirachtin which does not persist, and does not keep killing past the first day, and has no effect on the pupates. I'm not growing outside and have not introduced beneficial or predatory biologics, so there is no need to take harming them into account when forming a treatment plan. Therefor a persistent treatment like spinosad is more attractive to me than one that after first application, loses effectiveness once it is dry.

Back
Top Bottom