Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

B-real- I start my seeds at around 40" away... I have around 180w in my veg space...Once they have 6-7 sets of branches, are no longer seedling but vegging plants, I drop them to around 18", I bring the LEDs closer weekly till I'm around 12"-10" for flowering...I've found clones are different and you can get that light in them straight away... Hope this helps :)

Looking sweet in here. Winter solstice come and gone with nary a mention... sup with that? :cheesygrinsmiley:

yeah I know... still!

B-real- I start my seeds at around 40" away... I have around 180w in my veg space...Once they have 6-7 sets of branches, are no longer seedling but vegging plants, I drop them to around 18", I bring the LEDs closer weekly till I'm around 12"-10" for flowering...I've found clones are different and you can get that light in them straight away... Hope this helps :)
Thanks for the input!

Looking sweet in here. Winter solstice come and gone with nary a mention... sup with that? :cheesygrinsmiley:

yeah I know... still!
Yeah... Different kinda threads this year. Sorry about the disappointment. I don't feel it's appropriate for a sponsored journal.

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Flowering: Day 9

12/28/2014

The Daily:
DSCN122912.JPG

Some Extras:

Some new observations:
NO PURPLE STEM! It seems that the "LED Just Causes It" myth is busted. The simple addition of 5ml/Gal CaliMagic (Ca/Mg solution) relieved the purple stem, weeks ago, and it has not returned. Okay, to be clear, LED may very well cause it, but there is a simple solution besides just dealing with it. It's a deficiency, plain and simple, so adding Ca/Mg corrected it.

WHY the deficiency is happening under LED more than HPS is my question... One I shall research and hopefully find an answer to before the conclusion of this test. I posit that the plants are photosynthesizing better under LED's, thus using up more Mg causing the red/purple stem. My research will either confirm, refute my position.

EDIT: Hmmm... I just realized that PHOSPHORUS (P) is usually the cause of purple/red stem... so why did the addition of Ca/Mg solve the problem? Coincidence, maybe? I didn't change anything else. . . . . . perplexing.

Looking for outside input here. Go ahead, offer up!

V2 and V3 LED layouts

V2.0
V2_0_spctrum.png

V3.0
V3_0_spectrum.png

Mine currently - 3.0 lights with 2.0 COB
your_spectrum.jpg

Plants don't seem worse for the wear with so little 660nm RED at 14 days today. But I will be adding (2) 96x3w reflectors dead center of each group of 4 later tonight with the Bloom channel only hoping to add more to the 660nm.... it's not enough to cover the footprints but it's the best I can do until I get the new COBs and install them.

5x10
20141228_212307.jpg

Day 14 of 12/12 or actually the Custom Cycle which is a bit more
20141228_212356.jpg

I will probably do my last SCROG tuck 2 nights from now and start reading up when and how to Lollie Pop them

Semper Fi,
WG

those look good wiz! if you don't magically chop them up one day (like a lot of grows I see here for what reason I don't know?) they will be great me thinks :)

you too jandre2k3, but that's why I'm here :cheer:

<snip>
Plants don't seem worse for the wear with so little 660nm RED at 14 days today. But I will be adding (2) 96x3w reflectors dead center of each group of 4 later tonight with the Bloom channel only hoping to add more to the 660nm.... it's not enough to cover the footprints but it's the best I can do until I get the new COBs and install them. <snip>
WG
I had a run just before this one with the lights you're using right now. I was very happy with the results. I'm pretty sure you will be as well. There's nothing at all wrong with the previous lights, it's just these are a bit more dialed in, further increasing PAR. Just because you don't currently have as much red as the GenII, doesn't make the GenI crap, it just makes GenII an improvement of the already well made GenI, which flowered very well in my first test of these iGro lights, and produced a Yield per watt of 1.272g/w. Smashing the gram-a-watt barrier is nothing short of a well made light, among other things that all came together.

those look good wiz! if you don't magically chop them up one day (like a lot of grows I see here for what reason I don't know?) they will be great me thinks :)

you too jandre2k3, but that's why I'm here :cheer:
hehe, Thanks.

I had a run just before this one with the lights you're using right now. I was very happy with the results. I'm pretty sure you will be as well. There's nothing at all wrong with the previous lights, it's just these are a bit more dialed in, further increasing PAR. Just because you don't currently have as much red as the GenII, doesn't make the GenI crap, it just makes GenII an improvement of the already well made GenI, which flowered very well in my first test of these iGro lights, and produced a Yield per watt of 1.272g/w. Smashing the gram-a-watt barrier is nothing short of a well made light, among other things that all came together.

Understood Bro -
But I am not running the "Previous" Gen. I am running a mix of the 2 (By accident) - If you look at the 3rd graph that is what I am running. First gen had a lot of Red on the light and more white on the COB. Second Gen the (I think rightfully so) put more white on the light and added a lot red on the COB. My mix (V3 light and V2 COB) leaves me the more White and less Red of both versions - so I currently have A LOT of White and little Red.

Any case - it is what it is. I added the 2 reflectors in bloom only to tie me over until the V3 COB's get here - Now I just got to Russell me up a soldering iron :)

Good news is that I will end up with the GEN 2 V3 lights when done - I ordered during the transition apparently and got stuck in between......stuff happens!

Hhehehe Trying to think of "something" to do with the old V2 cobs when done :)

And if I break .75 Grams/Watt on my first run I will be THRILLED to NO END!

Cheers,
WG

Understood Bro -
But I am not running the "Previous" Gen. I am running a mix of the 2 (By accident) - If you look at the 3rd graph that is what I am running. First gen had a lot of Red on the light and more white on the COB. Second Gen the (I think rightfully so) put more white on the light and added a lot red on the COB. My mix (V3 light and V2 COB) leaves me the more White and less Red of both versions - so I currently have A LOT of White and little Red.

Any case - it is what it is. I added the 2 reflectors in bloom only to tie me over until the V3 COB's get here - Now I just got to Russell me up a soldering iron :)

Good news is that I will end up with the GEN 2 V3 lights when done - I ordered during the transition apparently and got stuck in between......stuff happens!

Hhehehe Trying to think of "something" to do with the old V2 cobs when done :)

And if I break .75 Grams/Watt on my first run I will be THRILLED to NO END!

Cheers,
WG

heheh. I see where you're coming from. Here's a bit of consolation: White light is a mix of all colors/wavelengths. Granted, it's not a dedicated 3w each pic, but at least it's something...

Pretty as usual Jandre Happy New Year :party:
I was wondering what nutes your using at this time

V2 and V3 LED layouts

V2.0
V2_0_spctrum.png

V3.0
V3_0_spectrum.png

Mine currently - 3.0 lights with 2.0 COB
your_spectrum.jpg

Just curious but did you get these from the manufacturer vs Intelligent Gro? The reason I ask is that the Intelligent Gro Gen 2 COB has a slightly different diode layout than the ones you posted. The Gen 2 Cob on the Intelligent Gro's has different LED chips/ratios than the manufacture's one. Also there are slight differences in the 3w diodes surrounding the COB on the Intelligent Gro's vs the ones you posted.

On the Gen 2 Intelligent Gro's, the Cob is layed out like this..

660, 460, 620, 660, 660, 460, 660

660, 660, 440, 660, 440, 660, 660

660, 460, 660, 660, 640, 460, 660

Also on the Intelligent Gro's (Gen 2) the LED on the right and left is a 380nm and not a 390nm....

The Red dual diodes on the Intelligent Gro Gen 2 are also different.... on the one you listed, the dual diode reds contain 620 and 660 where the Intelligent Gro's dual diodes feature one 660, 620 and the other is a 660, 640...

Just curious but did you get these from the manufacturer vs Intelligent Gro? The reason I ask is that the Intelligent Gro Gen 2 COB has a slightly different diode layout than the ones you posted. The Gen 2 Cob on the Intelligent Gro's has different LED chips/ratios than the manufacture's one. Also there are slight differences in the 3w diodes surrounding the COB on the Intelligent Gro's vs the ones you posted.

On the Gen 2 Intelligent Gro's, the Cob is layed out like this..

660, 460, 620, 660, 660, 460, 660

660, 660, 440, 660, 440, 660, 660

660, 460, 660, 660, 640, 460, 660

Also on the Intelligent Gro's (Gen 2) the LED on the right and left is a 380nm and not a 390nm....

The Red dual diodes on the Intelligent Gro Gen 2 are also different.... on the one you listed, the dual diode reds contain 620 and 660 where the Intelligent Gro's dual diodes feature one 660, 620 and the other is a 660, 640...

Hey Icemud,

FYI - Big fan of your videos and paying close attention to your XTE grow. Much appreciation to you, Jandre and all the others giving back to the community through your professionalism in documenting you grows so well :goodjob:

Ouch on the question! I was refraining from mentioning that I bought directly from the manufacture to respect the integrity of Jandre's "Sponsored" grow. But with the cat out of the bag - yes, I bought directly from Ctlite. I am an X-Pat living in Central America where it would do me little to NO good to have a US type warranty. Or so was my thinking at the time. As you have pointed out, these are NOT the exact same lights as I was told - and I am of course experiencing a lot of issues! Replacing the COB's will be no small affair :(

On the differences - I have forwarded them to my contact (Very good communication experience to date despite the mistakes) and will post out the results - in a "different thread" - and as soon as possible I will start some journals of my own - I am just tooooooo much in the experimental phase with tooooo little time to give the attention of detail that you guys give. I'm playing with multiple different LED's, media (I am liking aged rice hulls), Nutes, techniques all at once and from the beginning. I know this is not the suggested way for a newbie to begin but it works best for me :)

For now - the way I understand it (From Ctlite) is that there is the Gen I. I don't know anything about these lights. Then there is the Gen II that consists of 2 different versions. The V2.0 and the V3.0. More to be revealed in a different thread. Of maybe not, I am not sure how appropriate it is to discuss these things about the difference between sponsors and manufactures. It seems a touchy subject despite my "open source" mentality. PM me your thoughts if you think more appropriate.

Jandre,
To maintain the integrity of your sponsored Grow I think it best for me to refrain from further posting my "issues" here. I will still be following closely though :)

Thanks for keeping it real guys,
Semper Fi,
WG

ah was wondering if you still used that
im using that only on my cs plants
was whatever a friend donated to me once its gone im gonna use the growology stuff for my cs project

Flowering: Day 12

12/31/2014

Sorry about the delay in getting the dailies done. Had a bit of trouble with a faulty breaker that services the computer room. Lights on grow were okay, but I couldn't get power to the computer to upload.

The Daily:
(Click image for full size)

Flowering: Day 13

01/01/2015

Sorry about the delay in getting the dailies done. Had a bit of trouble with a faulty breaker that services the computer room. Lights on grow were okay, but I couldn't get power to the computer to upload.

The Daily:

Flowering: Day 14

01/02/2015

We now return you to our regularly scheduled daily flower picture. Stretch on the Adventurer Biscuits has slowed, and Green Fluffy Bunnies has completed her stretch, and fully transitioned into flower.

The Daily:

Back
Top Bottom