Well to start with I checked the Blue Dream buds, they were at 91% so no cob today.

I dissected the root ball from the Blue Dream to look for anything that may send me in a different direction. The entire 10 gallon pot was full of these super tiny fine hairs. When I first pulled it I thought wow nothing at the top. Was I wrong. I used a large knife to cut in half, was like cutting a dry sponge. The bottom of the pot had a thin layer of thicker roots but nothing huge. I pulled the stalk from the soil and the tap root if you wish to call it that went about half way down pot and thats it. All roots had hundreds of very tiny roots running all over. There is also a pic of the stem cut to show internal. No large hole. The blast of pics to follow.

Flower tent pics for today. I did not grab any of just the Super Lemon Haze or the Kwazulu. I did get some bud port though.
Afghani
Blue Moon
Diesel Moonshine
Super Lemon Haze

Kwazulu

Then we have the Veg Tent. What a Jungle. Thats the Sucker Punch in Center.

Well to start with I checked the Blue Dream buds, they were at 91% so no cob today.

I dissected the root ball from the Blue Dream to look for anything that may send me in a different direction. The entire 10 gallon pot was full of these super tiny fine hairs. When I first pulled it I thought wow nothing at the top. Was I wrong. I used a large knife to cut in half, was like cutting a dry sponge. The bottom of the pot had a thin layer of thicker roots but nothing huge. I pulled the stalk from the soil and the tap root if you wish to call it that went about half way down pot and thats it. All roots had hundreds of very tiny roots running all over. There is also a pic of the stem cut to show internal. No large hole. The blast of pics to follow.

These fine root hairs are exactly what we're wanting. Nice job.

Huh? You don't want those roots on the bottom, you want the superfine, almost invisible roots that hold the soil together like a big sponge. Those water roots aren't giving you any help.

are we saying the same thing?

I was typing to fast.... Grrrrrrr

I am hoping to get more of the course roots gone from the bottom, more hair roots. I think I am 80% there, just want that other 20%.

I need to order more GE and TD also.

I was typing to fast.... Grrrrrrr

I am hoping to get more of the course roots gone from the bottom, more hair roots. I think I am 80% there, just want that other 20%.

I need to order more GE and TD also.

Oh, you're there alright. Those fine root hairs aren't a given for many growers. They are the perfect sign of health, however. The mycos form a giant symbiotic relationship with those tiny root hairs, not the big water roots so much. When the entire container is full of those roots you're getting the maximum use of the soil.

Tweak a couple things and you'll get the maximum genetic potential of the plant. You're not going to believe the smoke from those, BTW. Seriously, it's gonna be a game changer. Have your friends come over.

Oh, you're there alright. Those fine root hairs aren't a given for many growers. They are the perfect sign of health, however. The mycos form a giant symbiotic relationship with those tiny root hairs, not the big water roots so much. When the entire container is full of those roots you're getting the maximum use of the soil.

Tweak a couple things and you'll get the maximum genetic potential of the plant. You're not going to believe the smoke from those, BTW. Seriously, it's gonna be a game changer. Have your friends come over.

My thoughts for tweaking this are the fabric pots in milk crates so the soil don't flex and destroy roots, I also plan to put a few holes in the bottom of the pots for drainage at a larger scale. The other is to do a heavy mist if you will to the top of the soil daily to keep the micro herd happy. Do you see any problems with these or have any pointers or things worth trying?

Speaking of friends has anyone seen, heard anything from OTM? I sure hope all is ok with him.

His last hiatus involved him leaving town unexpectedly to deal with his elderly fathers health for a couple of weeks. This episode has been nearly a month and a half now. Sure hope he's OK.

I'm sure most of us here haven't made any provision for someone to update our situation on this forum should something happen.

The other is to do a heavy mist if you will to the top of the soil daily to keep the micro herd happy. Do you see any problems with these or have any pointers or things worth trying?

Just saw this part about misting the soil. It is NOT a good idea. There's nothing to be gained by keeping the top of the soil moist, except perhaps a bit of moss.

Moisture is NOT required to keep the microbes happy.....you might have noticed that they arrive at your house dry? The plant keeps them happy, and if they need moisture between waterings, the plant provides it. Cannabis doesn't like wet feet. That's why we use a soil that drains really well.....

Back
Top Bottom