Keffka's Recycling, KOS Blue Thai, Herbies Seeds Apple Betty, Runtz Punch

i don't own my own place so that cancels out my hopes for it.

Meh.. I rent my house.. I’m also a quarter mile from Detroit city limits so I’m definitely in the city as well. I do everything in totes and tarps. My room is setup to be able to break down quickly if needed. I do all the maintenance myself though and don’t call when there’s issues in the house so it keeps my landlord out as much as possible. If he wants to come in I need at least 24 hours which is more than enough to breakdown and stow away for a bit.

Haven’t had to do it yet though because like I said I do all the repairs and maintenance myself.

Also for whoever mentioned teas and scaling organics.

Teas are simple in an apartment. A fish tank air pump and a 1 gallon container is all you really need to get a good tea. Organic can be scaled up to commercial levels but it takes time, energy, planning, and knowledge. On an agricultural level, farmers that have gone no till organic with multi culture have found themselves to be as profitable as synthetic farms while producing higher quality products, and creating a healthier environment/ecosystem in the process. It’s a win win really and we really should be moving toward banning synthetics outside of home growers.

What is the PH of your water coming from the filter if you don’t mind me asking? CL🍀

PH really isn’t too relevant for most organic growers and it really has no meaning when your ppms are lower than 20. There’s not enough weight in the water for PH to affect anything. My RO system spits out 0 ppm water. I went with it because we have Chloramine in our water and you can’t gas that off and it messes with the microbes. Not to mention all the pollutants and filth in city water. I’ve soapboxed quite a bit about muni water already 😂

With that being said it comes out of my tap at 6.8 and comes out of my RO at 6.5.

Thanks, I might have to pick one up. It wasn't on my radar as a must have since I thought living soil wouldn't need me to check ppm

I would definitely pickup a PPM meter especially for organic growing. Just to keep an eye on your filter system and water levels. As organic growers we want to always be aware of everything in our soils at all times and we can’t know for certain what’s in it if we have over 20-30 ppms in our water. Also.. a ppm meter is good for making sure your teas aren’t too powerful. It’s also good because cannabis likes a slow steady diet of calcium and magnesium in the water at around 50 ppms so I aerate Dolomite lime in my water until it’s at 50 ppms.

I use a ppm meter pretty consistently just to make sure everything is clean and pure.

And yeah there could be some detriment in either or both those grows, as pretty much every grow I do has something new being tried, or I am repeating something to see the results.

It may be a nitrogen rush too if I was messing around with calcium at the time.

And I do put most of my emphasis on the soil as I use weed to grow as an excellent compost and I use the science I learn from doing that, mainly things that raise brix, to use in my vegetable garden as experimenting outdoors is a once a year thing so I just want a good bounty out there, no experimenting.

Nothing I have ever tried beats scrogging for yield. Thats because of the even canopy. I have thought about scrogging 1 plant to fill the whole tent like your beauty but experimenting on 4 is more fun. So I manifold to get the even canopy.

Most people want to grow more than one plant and most people want big buds, and most people want big yields, and most people hate trimming. Manifolding covers all those bases.

But yeah you can do better with a scrog for sure. I scrog 1 plant in my outdoor 2200 gallon planter.

The reason I put soil 1st is because thats where the brix are. The whole reason I got into growing weed was to improve soil.

Weed is a challenging plant to grow organically without getting a deficiency. If your soil can grow weed without deficiency it will work really well for growing food.

But I also certainly do respect the plant, its amazing. Look at all the stuff we put it through and it keeps on growing.

Meh.. I rent my house.. I’m also a quarter mile from Detroit city limits so I’m definitely in the city as well. I do everything in totes and tarps. My room is setup to be able to break down quickly if needed. I do all the maintenance myself though and don’t call when there’s issues in the house so it keeps my landlord out as much as possible. If he wants to come in I need at least 24 hours which is more than enough to breakdown and stow away for a bit.

sort of similar situation but weirder. landlord knows what i'm doing but prefers to pretend he doesn't ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

he's asked me direct to keep soil out of the place. plus it's a shared building. old house cut up into a 4-plex. at least 3 suites aren't on the books lol

edit : the family that owns the place is pretty cool. there is a community type garden on most of the outside lot. two separate families that don't even live here manage it along with one that does. i put all my veg run off into the garden. we give piles of stuff to the food bank.

Keff this is how manifolding comes out. Of all the stuff I have tried it gives me the highest brix, the largest yield, the biggest nugs, and its manageable. Look how even that canopy is. Every cola is the same distance from the light. Penetration is great. Watering is a bitch. I use auto watering

Lol you don’t gotta sell me, I’m way past a sales pitch and am deeply invested now. We spent 2 journals dialing everything in together. I pushed a 3 gallon container to produce a 6 foot bagseed plant that had to be super cropped and still pushed out 2 ozs per gallon without any sort of synthetic intervention. I’ll never look back 🤣

sort of similar situation but weirder. landlord knows what i'm doing but prefers to pretend he doesn't ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

he's asked me direct to keep soil out of the place. plus it's a shared building. old house cut up into a 4-plex. at least 3 suites aren't on the books lol

Ahh can’t argue with being asked directly. My landlord is like an early 2000s Soldier, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

edit : the family that owns the place is pretty cool. there is a community type garden on most of the outside lot. two separate families that don't even live here manage it along with one that does. i put all my veg run off into the garden. we give piles of stuff to the food bank.

Yeah I get it, respect goes both ways and it’s not good to crap where you sleep

Ahh can’t argue with being asked directly. My landlord is like an early 2000s Soldier, Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

i'm a lot older but still the same motto to live by lol

Yeah I get it, respect goes both ways and it’s not good to crap where you sleep

my native american name is " goes without words " :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm leaving fellows, I'm sure you're glad. :high-five:good luck..still don't get it.. Jesus..lol

Playing with poop isn’t for everyone and anyone that pretends we’re not using poop is lying to themselves 😂 you can call it castings, guano, frass, it’s still all poop 😂

Playing with poop isn’t for everyone and anyone that pretends we’re not using poop is lying to themselves you can call it castings, guano, frass, it’s still all poop

i run MC. one wiff of that in the wrong direction is all the knowledge you'll need :p

i run MC. one wiff of that in the wrong direction is all the knowledge you'll need :p

😂

I thought fish bone meal was rough until I came across organic all purpose 😂 the smells like to settle right in the bridge of my nose

Playing with poop isn’t for everyone and anyone that pretends we’re not using poop is lying to themselves 😂 you can call it castings, guano, frass, it’s still all poop 😂
Yeah, but it's coming out your mouth, eyes, it's hard to listen..lol

Yeah, but it's coming out your mouth, eyes, it's hard to listen..lol

Those synthetic salts are leeching into your skin making you all salty 😂

(Outside observers, we’re breaking balls, don’t get all weird and defensive)

I have often said, and I mostly still believe that if I was just setting out to grow the coolest looking plant ever I would grow it synthetically in coco. I don't really know synthetics but the coco guys seem to really grow beasts.

I say mostly because my buddies wife grows autos every year for patio ornaments and they are the most beautiful plants I have ever seen. She usually grows 4 different strains and she gets pistils in many different colors, even multi colors on the same plant. She refuses to tell me how she grows them but they are synthetic in a promix type medium.

I have often said, and I mostly still believe that if I was just setting out to grow the coolest looking plant ever I would grow it synthetically in coco. I don't really know synthetics but the coco guys seem to really grow beasts.

I say mostly because my buddies wife grows autos every year for patio ornaments and they are the most beautiful plants I have ever seen. She usually grows 4 different strains and she gets pistils in many different colors, even multi colors on the same plant. She refuses to tell me how she grows them but they are synthetic in a promix type medium.
I respect what you guys do with all your hard work but I’m sorry. I’m just lazy and if I can grow my weed with nutes and with minimal effort and problems then I’m all good with that. But it’s really interesting stuff that you do so thanks for sharing your knowledge. CL🍀

I respect what you guys do with all your hard work but I’m sorry. I’m just lazy and if I can grow my weed with nutes and with minimal effort and problems then I’m all good with that. But it’s really interesting stuff that you do so thanks for sharing your knowledge. CL🍀
100% CL👍👊 Grow it any way that works for you. Its fun and cheap and everyone loves great homegrown🥰🥰🥰

Thanks Gee,
Have you heard of Swami? He looks like Soma..his interviews are awesome and think everyone needs to hear about the relationship between plants and humans. Check out his videos, might place a order from them but it's really old stuff..lol
Cheers guys
no I haven't. Is he a weed grower?

Yeah he’s totally amazing G, go 2 utube and Swami cannabis properties. CL🍀
I just ordered couple of his packs..sad, think I might have to go organic on these girls because so sativa.lol. always wanted his gear, don't even know if I can handle these wild girls tbh..lol..
One seed at a time..lol
Screenshot_20230613-153208.png

Back
Top Bottom