Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Thank you Gro-Sista Soul-Sista. 💕 They are far from professional, I will never be a videographer. LOL But, I'm glad you appreciated it!
I just wish youtube would stop the nonsense on restricting them, so everyone can view it if they have the link. Seems to me that if we opt it as unlisted to only be seen by someone with the link, then the restriction should be a non-issue for them. Listing them as public, I can see their point in wanting to avoid children viewing them.

Vimeo is limited, they want that money in monthly charges.

Maybe some day we'll be able to upload vids here and not have to fuss with that crapola.
I use the free Vimeo.

And I don’t think it matters much. We know which link to press to see the YouTube. Side note the irony is, nothing makes a kid press a link quicker than a link that comes with an over 18 warning lol.

Video Grow Update. Bat Rastards' at youtube restricted it to 18+ Must be obvious without text or voice saying what they are.....LOL
Just click on the "watch on youtube" link on the vid.

Wow what a garden!

OMG, if heaven smells anything like my house does right now.....I'm ready!

I roasted two full garlic bulbs in the oven for later use in various things.
The smell of that made me seriously hungry, so I did a steak and eggs with garlic herbed butter for breakfast.

If I'm not in heaven, I'm danged close.

1713967568085.png

I am preparing for the outdoor grow. So many things to do, but the cold air keeps stopping me. Next week it's supposed to be warmer.

I keep saying that.......LOL

I'm so ready to transplant my growing out of space clones for outdoor but like you it's still to cold in my unheated hippie greenhouse. They are over foot tall and i've topped them. Daytime temps are fine in the upper 60 low 70s f but we still get some morning frost.

I'm so ready to transplant my growing out of space clones for outdoor but like you it's still to cold in my unheated hippie greenhouse. They are over foot tall and i've topped them. Daytime temps are fine in the upper 60 low 70s f but we still get some morning frost.
Yeah, Michigan is being a Beotch. Just saw a freeze warning on the weather app again. I would love to be able to ease the clones into the daylight for the day and bring them in at night, but it is still too cold in the daylight. Low 50's here for a few days yet.

PH test when leaving mixed batches of nutrients overnight.

I ran a test on PH levels before/After Nutrients and leaving a mixed batch overnight, just because I was curious if the PH would change significantly
First, I am using rainwater, and General Hydroponics line of Nutrients.

The PH of Lake Michigan, as of the 2023 study by NOAA Ocean, Coastal, and Great Lakes Acidification Research was 8.55. That is slightly higher than 2020 figures.

Second, the PH of my rainwater straight out of the barrel is at 6.86.

Currently in Veg stage of the grow. Three 1 gallon containers in the test.

I mixed my cal/mag at General Hydroponics' recommendation of 2 teaspoons per Gallon. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and then added the rest of the nutrients according to GH amounts per gallon:

FloraBloom - 1 tsp.
FloraMicro - 2 tsp.
FloraGro - 3 tsp.

I made sure it was mixed well and let it sit for about an hour, then tested the PH a couple of times. It came in at 5.65, which was down from the start of 6.86.

I adjusted the PH level back up at between 6.4 and 6.5, and left the mixes overnight for a total of 16 hours.
I tested the PH this morning and they all had risen slightly.

Container 1 was at 6.4 and rose to 6.73 overnight.
Container 2 was at 6.5 and rose to 6.82
Container 3 was at 6.5 and rose to 6.78

As I said, this was just for curiosity on what happens with PH if I leave a container already mixed with Nutrients until next day.
Useless to some, interesting to me. 😏

PH test when leaving mixed batches of nutrients overnight.

I ran a test on PH levels before/After Nutrients and leaving a mixed batch overnight, just because I was curious if the PH would change significantly
First, I am using rainwater, and General Hydroponics line of Nutrients.

The PH of Lake Michigan, as of the 2023 study by NOAA Ocean, Coastal, and Great Lakes Acidification Research was 8.55. That is slightly higher than 2020 figures.

Second, the PH of my rainwater straight out of the barrel is at 6.86.

Currently in Veg stage of the grow. Three 1 gallon containers in the test.

I mixed my cal/mag at General Hydroponics' recommendation of 2 teaspoons per Gallon. I let it sit for about 20 minutes and then added the rest of the nutrients according to GH amounts per gallon:

FloraBloom - 1 tsp.
FloraMicro - 2 tsp.
FloraGro - 3 tsp.

I made sure it was mixed well and let it sit for about an hour, then tested the PH a couple of times. It came in at 5.65, which was down from the start of 6.86.

I adjusted the PH level back up at between 6.4 and 6.5, and left the mixes overnight for a total of 16 hours.
I tested the PH this morning and they all had risen slightly.

Container 1 was at 6.4 and rose to 6.73 overnight.
Container 2 was at 6.5 and rose to 6.82
Container 3 was at 6.5 and rose to 6.78

As I said, this was just for curiosity on what happens with PH if I leave a container already mixed with Nutrients until next day.
Useless to some, interesting to me. 😏
Crazy to think Lake Michigan pH is that high!

So you get a pretty decent drop also from adding nutrients. I see the same thing using TPS.

I tested well water yesterday

Out of the well
7.58 at 65f

12hrs later
7.69 at 69.9f

5 gal at 48hrs previously pulled
7.8 at 71f

My nutrient blend so far with pH down at the end

6.17 when mixed 69.9f
6.18 after hr at 70f

12hrs later
6.30 at 69.8f

I don't normally have premix laying around if anything I try to run it into house plants. But I have from time to time forgot to finish watering, cause I water in rounds. Little bit to moisten, smoke a bowl, little bit more, smoke a bong, little bit more, smoke a doob, touche till runoff, over the period of HR or more.

I will be setting about 4oz aside on my next mix, put her in a controlled area and monitor over a 7 day period. I see some nutrients say stable for a week when mixed, in airtight containers that are full. They say once there is an air gap in containers, it allows bacterial changes. Better to leave the cap loose so it can burp the air.

Crazy to think Lake Michigan pH is that high!

So you get a pretty decent drop also from adding nutrients. I see the same thing using TPS.

I tested well water yesterday

Out of the well
7.58 at 65f

12hrs later
7.69 at 69.9f

5 gal at 48hrs previously pulled
7.8 at 71f

My nutrient blend so far with pH down at the end

6.17 when mixed 69.9f
6.18 after hr at 70f

12hrs later
6.30 at 69.8f

I don't normally have premix laying around if anything I try to run it into house plants. But I have from time to time forgot to finish watering, cause I water in rounds. Little bit to moisten, smoke a bowl, little bit more, smoke a bong, little bit more, smoke a doob, touche till runoff, over the period of HR or more.

I will be setting about 4oz aside on my next mix, put her in a controlled area and monitor over a 7 day period. I see some nutrients say stable for a week when mixed, in airtight containers that are full. They say once there is an air gap in containers, it allows bacterial changes. Better to leave the cap loose so it can burp the air.
I do a similar thing when watering/feed. Over a period of time, because I want to be sure it isn't overly soaked. I keep a turkey baster in there to suck up any standing runoff in case it happens.

I've left nute mixes for a couple of days, simply because I mixed up too many jugs. LOL
So....that is the next test. One of the jugs is going to be left a couple days and then tested again. I would not go longer than that, because I don't appreciate possible bacterial growth. ;-)

I always put the caps on only halfway, so we're agreed there as well.

The studies on the Great Lakes are always interesting to me. It is changing every year, creeping up.
This is the study, if you are interested:

Feed and Water day for everyone, in addition to leaf checks. The flip lighting schedule is planned for Sunday for everyone, except the clones. Those will go in another room under a smaller light.
Training has pretty much stopped. I will do some during flower as needed.

We're looking fabulous so far. A quick shot of some of them.

I found a broken branch end on Annie during leaf checks. Dang it! It was still soft, not crispy. So, it's in a glass with some water and placed in the humidity tent to see if I can bring it back to life and then try to root it. Won't cost a thing to try, and I love to save the needy. ;-)

Good morning, Lady, I hope it warmed up a little for you. I think warmer weather is on its way. Happy growing and stay safe. I would also like to thank you for the help you have given me this year so far. :green_heart: 🍋
Thank you Keith. I believe I am going to be able to do some things outside this afternoon without cold fingers. LOL

I really like having time enough to be around to put my .02 in where I can. I am really looking forward to your progress, and you ask all the right questions when you should.

But, as I said....I'm going to run out of pennies at some point.
When it starts getting into nutrient deficiencies and all of the different methods of growing in soil, Coco, or hydro or SIP etc. etc. I get lost on the diagnosis and leave that to those who have had the problems before and found the solutions.
You're doing great. :thumb:

Good Mornfternoon everyone!

Here's what is happening with the broken branch from Annie.

First a before and after over about 24 hours. She recovered pretty good. The leaves that are still wilted a bit might have recovered more, but they are getting cut off anyway, so I didn't wait.

I cut those two shoots of limpy leaves off, making sure to cut them clean off to expose the stem for roots to possibly form there.
Then I cut the stem at a 45 degree angle for a fresh clean cut, and to give more surface area for moisture to get inside. I trimmed off the ends of the remaining larger leaves, because that is supposed to make the cutting concentrate more on root growth. I dunno about that, but it doesn't hurt to do it, so I do it.

She was then dipped into rooting powder and placed in the soaked rockwool cube, then into a shot glass.

It went into the tent where the humidity stays between 75 and 80%. I will give her about ten days, which seems to be the magic number here for rooting clones.

Edit: I had written the wrong name on the shot glass. You will see in the tent is says "Kim". Ooops.....probably should have finished that cuppa you see sitting there. :laugh:

Well, there is more than one sign of the weather getting warmer. *&^#%$ Fungus gnats! I have had the window in the grow room open for fresh air, it's screened but that doesn't stop these bothersome bast*rds.
I saw one a few minutes ago when I walked in there, and got lucky with a hand clap on it. LOL So the pest control strip has been hung immediately.
This is what I've always used and they work very well.
I have some SNS 203 to spray the soil with if needed. We'll see how it goes. I expected those with wanting that window opened.

Now I have to remember to watch what I'm doing to avoid that thing hitting my hair. Oh the stories I have on those pull down twisted flypaper traps when I was a kid on the farm. Arrrggg!

1714156097989.png

Well, there is more than one sign of the weather getting warmer. *&^#%$ Fungus gnats! I have had the window in the grow room open for fresh air, it's screened but that doesn't stop these bothersome bast*rds.
I saw one a few minutes ago when I walked in there, and got lucky with a hand clap on it. LOL So the pest control strip has been hung immediately.
This is what I've always used and they work very well.
I have some SNS 203 to spray the soil with if needed. We'll see how it goes. I expected those with wanting that window opened.

Now I have to remember to watch what I'm doing to avoid that thing hitting my hair. Oh the stories I have on those pull down twisted flypaper traps when I was a kid on the farm. Arrrggg!

1714156097989.png
One day I will be able to be 100% rid of them. The came in hard this fall. While I'm pretty good at keeping my pots dryer. I have some random smaller plants that don't drink as fast. Damn sure, gnats. I've been slowly dosing with mosquito bit water. But I'm about to top dress a few pots and see how they do. Keep your head up! Get them gnats!

One day I will be able to be 100% rid of them. The came in hard this fall. While I'm pretty good at keeping my pots dryer. I have some random smaller plants that don't drink as fast. Damn sure, gnats. I've been slowly dosing with mosquito bit water. But I'm about to top dress a few pots and see how they do. Keep your head up! Get them gnats!
I'm on it! Ya gotta get on em' as soon as you see even one! I've never had them get out of control, thank goodness. I use the hydroton clay pebbles to help prevent them laying their eggs in the soil, and I really think it does help. I believe I used diatomaceous earth as a top layer on the soil in a couple of grows as well.

Back
Top Bottom