LA's Shooting For The Stars Journal: My Effort To Grow Pro!

I use pure neem oil, from an online health shop. Warmed slightly before use. Mix with water and add a drop or 2 of dish soap to allow the oil mix with the water.
I use this method too and it's worked for me.. but I think this can be a weak solution at times depending on how far the mite problem is gone, also with neem oil I find you have to use it repeatedly to see results.. that isn't bad as neem oil is organic but what is bad is the dish soap used to mix the neem and water together (depending on the soap it can cause leaves to burn etc.)

I use this method too and it's worked for me.. but I think this can be a weak solution at times depending on how far the mite problem is gone, also with neem oil I find you have to use it repeatedly to see results.. that isn't bad as neem oil is organic but what is bad is the dish soap used to mix the neem and water together (depending on the soap it can cause leaves to burn etc.)

I use greenscent citrus organic dish soap, it's main ingredients are aloe vera leaf juice, lauryl glucoside, cocoamidopropyl betaine, lactic acid, coco glucoside, essential orange oil, essential rosemary oil, Bought special for the thrips problem I battled last year.

What's up LA just a suggestion with the neem if you go that route. I've used a mixture of 1oz neem oil to 1tsp of protekt(potassium silica I believe.) I add that to 1 gallon pump sprayer. I keep it shaken up during use. It also makes it easier to spray the underside of the leaves then the tops no matter what spray you go with. Good luck and glad to see you still at it old friend!

Late to the party but all caught up and loving the journal Light Addict. Shame about Spain but a sensible choice considering the risks and with the way times are changing I believe the uk is going to be the next big weed spot so who knows? Sweet set up you've got coming together. Think I've got the same tents as you, had mine for over two years now and not one complaint. Fantastic quality. Don't envy the spider mites mate. Had them the first time I tried to grow and it ended with me giving up for 8 years. I think scraping off the top layer of soil and replace it with diatomaceous earth after treatment helps to prevent them coming back. Good luck.

Nice to see some old names about, just as with the new

So i buckled and paid out for the drivers, so i could get my free (ish) quantum boards. I got 12 but only have 4 going currently in my little veg space thats soon going to become my backup flower spot whilst im trying to save my main crop in the main spot from spidermites
Ill move my babies out to another temp spot then flower out the 8 Geist grow og x the trinity by HSO and 2 black dog kush also.
The trained up one bottom left of pic is the start of my next multi strain grafted sculpture that im producing for snoop and his nutrient line. The babies you see are the donor strains to be grafted onto the black dog stock later on.

Pic of said spot

Quantum boards

Girls in main flower spot struggling on waiting for proper neem dip at weekend.

Then my new nutrient range im running ( yes a hook up )

Will be interesting to hear your feedback on running the boards after everything else you've used.

Super cool to have the chance (s) to showcase your talents on a big stage. I'm sure they'll love them!

Sooo folks....
Im kind of not fussed over my big infected flower area. As im now running the Trinity crosses at mine, so ive something decent coming in after xmas no matter what.
So at the moment ive 4 quantum boards in my new spot. Though they will be switched out for a budmaster 8 cluster cob lamp and the boards will go to my big spot to join the 315s.

Soon though ill be debuting a new Cropmaster lamp by budmaster. This has me excited to say the least....

This gives canopy temp, air temp, humidity and light levels and much more all tied into your smartphone.
Its supposed to take over for a 1000 watt hps so for a little lamp it should pack a punch.
It should be end of next month when i finally get my hands on one and once ive a run under my belt im gonna try setting a record...
A one plant(max 5 gal pot) one lamp (max 1000 watt), set timeframe (??) basically as i cant find a set equation for setting a world record for such a grow im gonna set one out for all challengers.
Anyway just one of my little plans for next year lol.

Light addict, I’ve been following yours journals for several years from a far. I’m like others where I feel comfortable but I could use help. I run soil (preference only) and I’m looking for help with a real feeding schedule with good nutes. I’m new here so I couldn’t pm you but I understand the rules of the site and respect the admins decisions. I ask you for help with this because after everything I’ve researched I have nothing to compare hands on like the test you do nor the resources. I see you helping a lot of people which is why I’m reaching out and I thought I lost my chance to get a hold of you when you were talking about moving to Spain. If you can’t help me I understand the question I’m asking . Thanks Light Addict

Welcome doc green.
So Ive ran quite a few nutrient lines for soil. My top 3 being Plagron Remo and GET
Remos stuff is really good but has a few diff bottles to play with. Plagron is really simple to use, not so many parts and their green sensation is an awesome additive.
GET is not such a well known company but one well worth a look.
All 3 provide a good feeding schedule online or via instructions on bottles. Yet the easiest being plagron.
Results wise all 3 are great, yet plagron and remos stuff gives scope for you to mess and adapt your regimens.
Hope that helps

Also doc green. Im not the best for schedules etc as i dont ever follow them lol. I dont feed my plants for probably the first 6 weeks of veg as my soil looks after them at first. Only when i see them hungry do i finally feed em. Then in flower, im a feed water water guy. Unless i see them needing something.
Basically i just grow by instinct and dont even measure nutrients or fix ph. Im quite lazy in my approach, yet i dont get issues as a whole.
For me its the recycling of my soil and root mass that lets me be like that. My soil is so charged with bennies etc that my plants always have a great start.

So just as it seemed the girls were turning a corner and flowering was to come shortly, Ive now spotted that ive my first ever issue with the dredded spidermite......
Im so invested and reliant on this next crop its daft. I need to move house asap with a 1 yr old in a one bed flat its cramped. This was going to be my path. Now im shitting it that i wont get a crop at all.
No webs yet just leaf damage. Ive got some mite killer by SNS thats all natural and another bottle on the way. Ill also cover pot surface with drenched paper towel and ill also use some molasses or treacle doubed around the base of stem to cut them off from climbing once sprayed off.

Anyone with experience please chime in and let me know if im totally screwed or if they can indeed be beaten????
Pretty sure neem oil is sage up to week two flower bud?

And also I just told about 9:1 water /70 usp alcohol spray hard specially under those fans and try to do if you cannvefire lights out or allow them to dry s bit before sticking them back in tent . You got this probably too late commenting . Hope it worked out for ya man

Have you heard of malted barley shortening flower time?

Van Stank your a star for sharing your dip method. My plant are quite big but will fit in a big bin.
To my common sense your method is the most foolproof. Spraying plants is hit and miss but a total plant dip solves that issue. Combined with a paper towel barrier at soil level (kept damp with bug spray) and another environment clean owwn i reckon i can get em slaughtered.....

Now excuse my possible stupidity lol. But i obviously dont want a ready mixed neem spray as im diluting into a bath. So when i google neem i get either the pre mixed stuff or pure neem oil that doesnt come under any gardening criteria.
So my question is; is there a specific sort of neem oil suited, or can i just grab any pure neem oil and repurpose??
Sorry for being a bit thick folks, but im broke and in a hole. This grow has to come in ok, else im rather screwed, so dont want to cock anything up here.

Cheers in advance folks
Cold pressed I use

So a little update, my green minded fellows with a frosted fixation!

So i got my neem and had hoped to have the wee beasties beaten by now. Yet my growpartner had other ideas and didnt get anything done. So personally ive written that entire wave off as a stupid lesson for him to deal with. Gutted as these were all the pre release giest crosses from hso! Im not happy as its months of my work fooked up by anothers inaction. Yet thiis is the last lesson im letting fall.... Anything again and i go back to how it was when i did all solo. He's gonna atempt a dunk whilst in early flower then again in 5 days. So ill keep ya posted but im not holding my breath for much lol.

So my spot also hadsome rough times. I haven't PhD ever this run so got a zinc and potassium deficiency. All are now on the way back to good due to the addition of lemon juice the last few feedings. I just guessed at it by experience and all should be golden soon. Ill then strip, final train and flip.
The crap spot has just stretched and gone to shit lol.

Back
Top Bottom