LA's Shooting For The Stars Journal: My Effort To Grow Pro!

Well folks soon ill be playing hard at this growing lark. Im assembling my own little team around me.
Ive already got my grow buddy providing me a large new flower room. Then Ive my other pal who's gonna be my extracts guy. He's got a top flight closed loop system and is very talented. (Diamonds and sources a plenty) ill be stepping in to get his garden ticking along in my sort of style. Then ill be fixing his space out with some nice new gear etc.
Should be great as he's got a 10,000w flower space. So im kicking stuff up a gear soon on a few different levels.
Once ive hunted wave after wave of new unreleased strains and gotten myself a minimum of say 10 strains all elite cuts then its time to stamp my mark on all uk cups with a vengeance!

Then not forgetting my adventures into all things high brix with Doc bud lending a hand, as I see what i can produce using his stuff. Im lookinv forward to this a lot as it'll be a new learning curve for me and with doc himself lending a hand Im sure ill put on a good show!

Well may your gardens be abundantly bud laden and ferociously frosty all

Should get fun lol.
should be fun

So around 4000w of lighting going in. Or do you think i could drop some more light in a 2.5-3 x 2.5-3 m space??

Depends on the actual final room size and the type of lights used, but it should be decent enough.

2,5x2,5 = 6,25m2 = 640w/m2
3x3 = 9 m2 (44% larger area!) = 445w/m2

However, the wattage doesn't say much here with so many different types of light, but the full saturation in an open area is only around 10cm more than the actual size of the lamp, sooo say you want to hit 30% THC on a Cookie/Glue cut, you probably have to amp it up :)

If you want a bang for your buck when lighting a big area, the Samsung F-series strips are a very good choice.
A full build for a 120x120cm area/tent costs around 450£ including all bits, tax/vat etc., and you get better spreading of the light than you get with QBs and same amount of diodes as the HLG550.
If you need help designing/building the lighting system of your dreams, just ask the army of DIY veterans here ;)

I guess you could say we like to DIY... sounds legit LA. Really excited for you man. Go kill it!

Well folks. Were getting there for sure.

Today I got 2 new tents come through. Nice white interior ones for that clean room look. Now im just waiting on my 2 cmh lights and a couple of new lamps from another major HID company. Probably 1000w darlins from them.
Anyway ive 7 of the Geist grow og x platinum girl scout cookies ready for the last training session before going to flower.
Then Ive 6 Peppermint Geist in veg and then nust germed ive 8 Geist grow og x the Trinity and a few black dog kush thrown in also.
Trinity cross beans
Peppermint Geist

Bud from the 1 tester of the geist x pgsc ran in a loft through crazy temps. Some damn fine smoke if ot the coolest looking bud.

Well were starting to build the new spot.
The larger of my new tents is up and tomoz my 2 new cmh 315's with parabolics should go up. Still plenty to go after that but its a start.
20180912_172946.jpg

20180912_141242.jpg

Looking good LA, the tent looks like the bud box pro I have a couple of them and in my opinion they are mustard really strong poles you can hang of them zips work great just be careful if they get caught don’t yank them to hard as the handle of the zip will break as I have done before this also happen with a Gorilla tent to which I recon the bud box are better much easier to clean and stronger over all plus the white inside light reflection is shit hot especially for led, you won’t be disappointed, now get it up and crack on and see some of these new genetics can’t wait, best of luck with it all.

Things are slowly coming together for my new main flower spot.
2 x 315 cmh lamps with shinobi parabolics are up, not set at correct height yet though. Got 2 new 16" wall fans to go up. Then its just let my girls get acclimated and build some size before flip.
Hopefully by then ill have another light sourse to go in..... Im waiting on the new daft bit of kit from budmaster. So things should get good soon.
As for other led. Well one company wanted to sort me out, said all was set for 5 lamps, but now have gone silent. The other for quantum boards wanted me to pay forr the drivers lol. So ill now reach out to other led brands. If all else fails ive got more hid lamps due sometime soon. Although its a mix of hid and led im after.

Cpl of pics
IMG-20180917-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20180917-WA0001.jpg
Screenshot_2018-09-13-03-33-31-1-1.png

Black fans should look sexy in my new tent lol.

Now ive just got to get them plants a rockin

Back
Top Bottom