Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Don't even sweat it Brooklyn. Your looking good. One little split that's practically healed. When mines was at that stage I was fluxing up so bad; be-headings & snaps nearly every step of the way. But Professor Flux walked me right into recovery.

Yes, the central pinch is healed over, but looks all wonky. It will probably form a very large knot at that junction. Just in case, when I pot it up in the 30 gallon I an going to put it very close to the soil so if it lags it will lag into forming roots! Hopefully.

Awesome work people! :)

BAR, still loving the Tetris flux style! She's looking real nice and healthy :)

Dennise, great job Indeed. Just keep opening them ends up for tighter node spacing!

GF, she's gonna be just fine, we just need to get her into new home asap. Then we get her strapped down properly and work on getting everything bulked up.
Id start kinking, bruising the limbs daily to force her to toughen up! Also get opening up ends as often as you can as well! :)

Thanks everyone, your posts and fluxing put a smile on my face today :)

Thanxx Professor. I've been doing just as you've advised but it's getting hard to keep up with the new growth on a few of the flux arms. I already have one section of new growth that I didn't catch in time & now it's like a new arm. I can't wait until all the flux arms reach the rim of the pot; I'm ready to go vertical!
Also the two main arms have been fimmed so many times it's ridiculous. On every Training Day I keep telling myself let it grow but you've already explained that this is the most crucial time as far as creating that even canopy goes.

Well, since we are all tossing in our little projects, here's mine, is this considered a "flux"? :passitleft:
IMG_20487.JPG

Hey Lester :)

What makes a flux!! :)
OK firstly its a style adapted from ML (main lining) its all about flow of energy really. Also bud management, as your telling your plant to produce just one stonking Colas per branch. This is then adapted to fool your girl into thinking that they are all main dominant colas. The style lets you control exactly where your buds or colas are going to sit. This means even spread of light and air, everything throughout the bud sites.

Then there is my feeding loop, (experimental still) which you need a really perfect flux to try. You raise one colas on each end of the flux arms (the main stems that all branches run off) Once you raise the two end points they become dominant and call for the most energy. Yet all other branches feed off the main flux arms firstly. So the dominant pair dont get what they called for, so hopefully keep calling for more and thus a loop is created!

The style gives a total even canopy and lots of scope for manipulation if required. Simply you get to lay the law down and produce exactly what you want lol :)
Here is some pics of it done correctly! :)
20140130_155907.jpg
20131114_114328.jpg
20131114_114225.jpg
20140115_155321.jpg

Oh I see, so it just has to be exactly perfectly oriented to be called a flux, lol.

I see "fluxing" as a better technique for indoor growers since the Sun moves through the Sky and so the plants get different amounts of light at different times throughout the day. Where plants indoors have their light in one position all the time.

This is about as symmetrical as I could grow a plant outside, Flux or not, I be happy as hell
Update510_01247.jpg

We'll see what happens with fluxing outside for me. I transplanted up into the giant containers and the arm split a little more. I taped it with floral tape, but I didn't do anything else like adding wires. It started raining and I was utterly spent. I did a bit of garden planting before I finished up with my containers.

I'll post an update later, but is that split going to be okay? I know you don't see it yet, and the plant is not wilting...In five minutes I'm starting two new seeds! If it means anything, the roots were gorgeous.

Good evening or morning,
Here is one of my Lemon's in her 30 gallon container. When I moved her into the pot the main stem split again. I taped it, but I didn't run the wires across the pot until it had a little bit of a rest.

I wonder, do any outdoor growers know what I should do with the buds which are forming early? Do I just leave them there and let the plants go back into veg as day length increases? What would you do. Even if you grow inside what would you do if you accidentally developed buds forming from the light length?

It already smells good.

fx1.jpg

fx2.jpg

Good evening or morning,
Here is one of my Lemon's in her 30 gallon container. When I moved her into the pot the main stem split again. I taped it, but I didn't run the wires across the pot until it had a little bit of a rest.

I wonder, do any outdoor growers know what I should do with the buds which are forming early? Do I just leave them there and let the plants go back into veg as day length increases? What would you do. Even if you grow inside what would you do if you accidentally developed buds forming from the light length?

It already smells good.

If it were I, indoors in a 3 or 5 gallon pot, I'd probably just go ahead and flower it. Outdoors in the ground (or a giant pot like you're using) I'd just let her go. Especially with the concern you have for healing the stem. Flowering now to me would be a waste of the giant pot and possible corresponding giant yield you may have coming. I haven't grown in pots outdoors, other than early on prior to transplanting, only in the ground and you should be fine. Might have to water more due to heat and watch the stem damage for bugs trying to grab an easy meal, but other than that...outdoor's a breeze. More observation, more water but way less over all work. Imo, just hang in there and let mother nature take care of her girl.

this is lst gone to extremes, im new here and see lightadict :bravo:with more wire on a plant than i could imagine! this is incredible work you and your followers have me in awe. i may do this outside, i saw you helped with some members i met on my first day here. i have to start a journal, i dont want to ask questions until i know its ok, i will read this after i read that fuxy outdoor journal, it looked like a long journal. but this is great stuff!

Hello to all and welcome to my second grow journal.

This journal will feature the newly coined FLUXING style of training.

May any of you that already know my work and previous thread, please sit back with a grin on your face and enjoy! To any new people interested in this journal please jump in and add whenever you want. I run a relaxed fun journal with a good sprinkling of information.

Anyway here is the specs

A selection of household CFLs for Veg and a 400 HPS for flower.
Soil, perlite mix in 20 gal pot.
I'm going to use my Plagron nute range; Terra grow and bloom. Sugar royal, PK13-14, Green Sensation. + Molasses.

Firstly to all; yes this style has been called by another name, one we will not deem to mention on here!
Secondly; I am doing this style due to a malformed mutant plant. As this little girl through herself out in this shape naturally.

Pics speak a thousand words so here goes!

I would like to shout out to my friends on 420 for your support on this journey!
A special thanks to Spimp;
The reason for name of this style is illustrated above. pic edited by Sir Spimp!
i like your back to the future-word fluxing! fascinating read and pictures lightadict, this is something i want try, i will have questions, im reading here first, it looks like you are an LST grower too, that is what i have been successful with indoors, i want try this outside, congratulations on that plant of the year, lightadict:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom