Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

OK something just popped into my noggin!
We have lots of people asking about how to thicken up limbs of a fux. Well your tethers have a lot to do with this! I understand some people with certain systems have to rig the best fit option etc.
This said we have people building basic scrogs with wire etc over the entire plant. This clearly restricts the movement of any limbs. I didn't do this! Below ill post some pics showing the few long guide wires I used versus the way I loop a wire loosley around the limb ends and tether other end of wire to pot rim. This gives you easy individual control over limbs and the ability for the limb to be buffeted by your fan!
As is with normal indoor girls, you want a good breeze to help build structure of the plant. So leaving the plant enough play to get this simple aid in building itself is a key factor in my eyes.
Now this being said obviously strain does come into it. As Renegade has been observing, a shorter more squat plant in pheno type is also a massive aid in getting a thick well built flux! :)
20131111_093936.jpg
20131111_093907.jpg

Yea, I got one right... Lol.

And as I'm this pic I was going to move the tethers along as we grow. Not going to leave any tethers in the middle once she is established.

Just food for thought.... If I go vertical now I already have 14 (not including the topping of the main flux ends) potential cola sites. I think the current overall length is no more then 12". Of course my plan is to take my flux to the res rim.

Can you say "Holly Colas"...lol.

Renegade my friend, I think with good spacing management via the limbs you choose to fill the center in with, you might have the new standard for indoor fluxing on your hands! :) :)
A honking huge crop is coming your way for sure! :)

Wow....lol.

Absolutely none of this would have been possible without this great 420 community. And none of this could have been done without you LA. Your willingness to help others needs to be followed by all. And it's not finished yet so don't go anywhere...lol. With that said ....

And this next statement will make all your heads pop... Lol.

This is just a hobby...lol. My new current position doesn't allow me to partake any more. I'm very disciplined not to. The real question is.....what the hell am I going to do with all those frosty buds I'm going to have....lol. Maybe just have a community controlled burn..lol. Imagine all the neighbors sitting around the fire getting stoned...lol.

Now that would be a hoot...lol.

And I meant burn not grow...lol

Top tip & I'll store that for future reference :)
I do also think a short squat type strain is also an advantage, I'll put this theory to test on my next one :)

Skunny,

If your talking about topping the tips it's straight out of the book. LA suggests topping the flux arms once they reach the rim. Then pull one down and allow the other to become the new main head. Only the flux arms not the side shoots.

Renegade, I was referring to the individual tethers instead of criss cross wires to aid in thickening up the arms :)

Lol. Now I have to scroll up and see what your talking about... Lol.

But is that what LA was talking about.

Now I'm confused... Lol.

Mommy....

I hope so Rennegade, or am I the confused one? It wouldn't be the 1st time :rofl:

You made me go back & check & I'm happy to say it's all crystal to me so you're confused dude. Are you sure you're not smoking :)

I just read the post saying you can no longer partake with smoking the weed, that's a bum deal man. What are you going to do with all your buds? Do you not know any patients you can donate it to? It seems a shame to waste it if there are people whom it would benefit

Some forward thinking here though....

I plan on using both ways of tethering. LA's and a form of mine I used in my AG grow. I use string loosely around the arm ends to help keep them down. IMO it was successful.

I'm using it now to initially pull the limbs back down so I can safely get the wire across them. Once the wire is in place I remove the wire.

When I'm ready to go vertical I will use the string again to tether, to help control the top height. Kinda at the ninety. I'll put those standoffs along the rim.

I can see it in my mind and if successful I see perfect carpet height in the middle with the flux arms slightly above that carpet.

I hope so Rennegade, or am I the confused one? It wouldn't be the 1st time :rofl:

You made me go back & check & I'm happy to say it's all crystal to me so you're confused dude. Are you sure you're not smoking :)

I just read the post saying you can no longer partake with smoking the weed, that's a bum deal man. What are you going to do with all your buds? Do you not know any patients you can donate it to? It seems a shame to waste it if there are people whom it would benefit

LOve the idea and have already been talking to some local friends about a dude who knows a dude...LOL.

And they are certain it's not me because they know my situation...LOL.

5 days since topping... still no growth (worried) :helpsmilie: any ideas? (I have no idea if this seed is auto or not, as my plant was a random seed sent to me for freebies)

So...if my math is correct. I'm gonna have two flux harvest before the January purple grow....excellent!!!

Not technically a flux I was going to try but don't have the time so its more of what I'd call an lst prep for a scrog lol but I had to show her off...
IMAG1913.jpg

This is her as a 6 week old clone after a day in the top fed recirculating system.(previously hand fed under fluro)
IMAG19432.jpg

This is her after 6 days, hard to keep up with her growth so I will be scroggin her out.
Oh shes one of 4 girls I have in a 4x4 tent under 600w planted in rockwool then into a full tub of expanded clay on constant recirc flow cyco base nutes......
Here are the girls after 18 days in my system I'll be turning them in the next week id say. I don't get to check them every day so you can see why id have trouble fluxing them, but the scrog I feel is equally effective just not as neat or precise.
IMAG19941.jpg

IMAG1996.jpg

OK, Canna everything is looking good for sure. Just one little point; I take the fans off limbs once they have worked their way down the limb about an inch or a touch more from the growing tip. This isn't a must though more a choice :)

Skunny :) looking damn good! Just get her buffeted with good air circulation. With the flux ends, just keep an eye on things. If say the two ends look like they're dominating to much lower them a touch more. If they look even with other growth your about the correct level. So the overall height difference isn't much. :)

Cheers LA, I only raised them tonight, I'll pull em back down. :) She's got fresh air blowing from behind & an 8" fan blowing down on her canopy & I'm rotating her regularly.:)
I can't believe the wait is almost over mate, so I hope she does me proud

Back
Top Bottom