LKABudMan And The Vivosun Auto Oasis - Sponsored By VIVOSUN

The Vivosun Auto Oasis
Featuring the VIVOSUN Smart Grow System
Sponsored by VIVOSUN and Herbies US Express

Welcome back to the Vivosun Auto Oasis, a VIVOSUN 32x60x80 tent equipped with the Vivosun SGS.

Vivosun GrowHub 42A ** -Vegetative- mode
  • Vivosun AeroLight A200SE - The world’s first 200W LED grow light with an integrated circulatory fan
    • 06:00-22:00 Spectrum:Flower, Intensity:100%, Sunrise/Sunset: YES 18" (45DLI)
  • Circulation Fan
    • 22:00-06:00 - Speed 1
    • 06:00-22:00 - Natural
  • AeroWave E6 oscillating grow tent fan - Oscillating using Circulation Fan settings above
  • AeroZesh - 4" Ultra powerful automated exhaust fully programmable through the GrowHub
    • 22:00-06:00 High 658% RH, Speed 10, default off
    • 06:00-22:00 High 82F / 66% RH, Speed 10, default off
** All controlled on my smartphone through the VIVOSUN App (wi-fi)

Other Equipment:
Vivosun Air Circulator Fan with Remote - Oscillating horizontally and vertically on 'Natural Breeze' mode

Lizzy (Herbies Seeds Bruce Banner Auto)
Date: 5/14/24 Day# 90 (Flower day# 29)
Medium: 5G SIP Bucket with Coco & Dynomyco
Nutrients: 5MSA+5.5MC+1BE+.75MgS @ 5.8-6.2pH​

Lizzy had not been drinking quite as much, possibly due to the cooler weather. That means it took her longer to finish the 5G of nutrients. I checked it two days ago and it was 5.5, so I adjusted up to 6.0. There was only about 2.5 liters left today so I checked it, and it was at 5.3. I adjusted back up to 6.1 before adding it to the res. So, even with the Silica the pH drops with enough time. Today I'm mixing five more gallons, this time at the .9g/G for BE. I'm hoping to keep it there for the rest of the grow, but that'll be up to her.
Bruce Banner Tracker.png
Lizzy is doing fantastic. She has the slightest tip burn, but bringing her back down to .9g/G BE should help that. Other than that she's stacking and building in there and starting to get frosty and stinky. It's a nice fruity stink right now, with a hint of diesel. Of course, it's hard to tell with the Kush Mints ready to harvest, it smells like a family of skunks lives in my basement ;)

#VIVOSUN #SmartGrowSystem #LoveWhatYouGrow

What's up BudMan!! (In my Earl voice). I'm running the same plants right now and it was smooth sailing until recently. The began to flower and started up taking more water and nutes, they started showing some rust and fading and the ph was way down when I checked them. They stayed hungry so I increased the nutes. The ph drops every couple day down to the mid 3's!!! Do you know why this would happen? All the research I've done so far says I should add H2O2 or reduce the solution. Also I do see some burn on the tips but I didn't increase the nutes by much. Overall they are still healthy and growing fast, I just wanna stay ahead of this. Anything helps and thanks!

20240516_153417.jpg

20240516_153501.jpg

20240516_224843.jpg

What's up BudMan!! (In my Earl voice). I'm running the same plants right now and it was smooth sailing until recently. The began to flower and started up taking more water and nutes, they started showing some rust and fading and the ph was way down when I checked them. They stayed hungry so I increased the nutes. The ph drops every couple day down to the mid 3's!!! Do you know why this would happen? All the research I've done so far says I should add H2O2 or reduce the solution. Also I do see some burn on the tips but I didn't increase the nutes by much. Overall they are still healthy and growing fast, I just wanna stay ahead of this. Anything helps and thanks!

20240516_153417.jpg

20240516_153501.jpg

20240516_224843.jpg
"Hey Rick" (In my crabman voice) The spots on the leaves look like calcium deficiency, but that will happen if your pH is too low. These are DWC, right? What are you feeding and at what PPM & pH? How do the roots look and, more importantly, how do they smell?

BudMan, are you supporting that plant in any way or is that her natural posture?
I just took the LST off of her and she still has a few weights hanging on some branches. Right now she doesn't need any support, we'll see in a couple of weeks :)

"Hey Rick" (In my crabman voice) The spots on the leaves look like calcium deficiency, but that will happen if your pH is too low. These are DWC, right? What are you feeding and at what PPM & pH? How do the roots look and, more importantly, how do they smell?
I've been giving them the general hydroponics flora series nutes. The ppm the last 2 feedings have been 950 and 960 going in and I ph them to 6.2. I also thought I needed to use calmag and it seemed to be working after the first week but the rust is showing up again. I really don't know what to do to stabilize the ph so it can stop dropping so low. The roots are clean and smell fine, like a hint of a fishtank smell lol. Other than that all I can smell are the plants. Your correct about it being dwc/rdwc. Thank you BudMan and @Azimuth for the response and trying to help me out.

I've been giving them the general hydroponics flora series nutes. The ppm the last 2 feedings have been 950 and 960 going in and I ph them to 6.2. I also thought I needed to use calmag and it seemed to be working after the first week but the rust is showing up again. I really don't know what to do to stabilize the ph so it can stop dropping so low. The roots are clean and smell fine, like a hint of a fishtank smell lol. Other than that all I can smell are the plants. Your correct about it being dwc/rdwc. Thank you BudMan and @Azimuth for the response and trying to help me out.
I've never used GH. Are you checking PPMs? If so my guess is that they are dropping hard. If so try raising your solution to 1050-1100ppm? The only time my res seems to drop in pH is weeks 3-5 of flower, when they are really eating a lot of potassium. Feeding them higher may help. Also, I've been playing around with Silica to buffer the solution to keep the pH from swinging so hard. Good luck.

I've never used GH. Are you checking PPMs? If so my guess is that they are dropping hard. If so try raising your solution to 1050-1100ppm? The only time my res seems to drop in pH is weeks 3-5 of flower, when they are really eating a lot of potassium. Feeding them higher may help. Also, I've been playing around with Silica to buffer the solution to keep the pH from swinging so hard. Good luck.
Thanks, I really appreciate the info.

Isn't hydro supposed to be lower, like 5.8?
It can be from 5.5-6.5. If it's dropping I usually start on the higher side. 6.2 sounds pretty good.

It's been 48 hours and this seems to be working, Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom