Magical Mystery Clone Tour

You sure do have some interesting toys, Rider. What kind of sensors does that app interface with, are they opensource or do they need that specific app?

I saw some guy that was putting together automated-growing computer systems, and he had a setup that could monitor and control CO2, but I can't for the life of me remember what the company was called. It was a small startup and the guy didn't seem to be making much headway though, so I don't know if it's still available. Kinda sad too, the guy had really bad OCD problems and poured all his energy into that, and didn't seem like he could get a handle on advertising.

Anyway, I'm probably going to try out the camera time-lapse thing. I have a pretty good security system I can just plug it into right off the bat. Just the cost of cameras and knowing which even have enough definition to show enough detail that's kinda hard.

My idea so far is to try to find one of the wireless ones, wire in a little AC power supply so it doesn't have to rely on batteries, and then use my security DVR software to monitor the tents.

You sure do have some interesting toys, Rider. What kind of sensors does that app interface with, are they opensource or do they need that specific app?
SensorPush isn't open source and only interfaces with their app. But it's a very well designed app.

I saw some guy that was putting together automated-growing computer systems, and he had a setup that could monitor and control CO2, but I can't for the life of me remember what the company was called. It was a small startup and the guy didn't seem to be making much headway though, so I don't know if it's still available. Kinda sad too, the guy had really bad OCD problems and poured all his energy into that, and didn't seem like he could get a handle on advertising.
My CO2 setup monitors and controls but it doesn't data log or allow me to watch it remotely in real time.

Anyway, I'm probably going to try out the camera time-lapse thing. I have a pretty good security system I can just plug it into right off the bat. Just the cost of cameras and knowing which even have enough definition to show enough detail that's kinda hard.

My idea so far is to try to find one of the wireless ones, wire in a little AC power supply so it doesn't have to rely on batteries, and then use my security DVR software to monitor the tents.
Any wifi camera will work. If you want to be able to view it remotely via the internet you need to know something about port forwarding or purchase a camera that's intended for that application.

SensorPush isn't open source and only interfaces with their app. But it's a very well designed app.

My CO2 setup monitors and controls but it doesn't data log or allow me to watch it remotely in real time.

Any wifi camera will work. If you want to be able to view it remotely via the internet you need to know something about port forwarding or purchase a camera that's intended for that application.
Oh I've got all the remote viewing stuff setup, I just need to find cameras that don't suck. I have an anlog system and the cameras are all 800-line analog ones, pretty crummy. I'm guessing any of the 720p or higher IP camears will have better video quality then? I mostly just want to find one that's wireless so I don't have to run ethernet cable, or buy ethernet cable haha

I'm using the Amcrest IP2M-841B camera in the grow room. 1080p PTZ with switchable IR. The user interface is well designed. Just provide AC power and it's ready to roll. Very easy to set up over wifi for IP use.

I'm using the Amcrest IP2M-841B camera in the grow room. 1080p PTZ with switchable IR. The user interface is well designed. Just provide AC power and it's ready to roll. Very easy to set up over wifi for IP use.
Doesn't look terribly expensive either, compared to my analog ones I bought anyway.

I have a little program called Zoneminder that I use to alert me via email to motion on my cameras, I'm gonna check if that one is compatible. The PTZ cameras aren't always if I remember right.

Most new camera's have motion alert built into them.
Yeah I set this software up for an old analog DVR, and then just started adding cameras to it. It's got a very sophisticated motion sensing setup, you can make "zones" for everything on the image, and set them to behave differently. For example, I have cameras in my house that will send an alarm if motion is triggered, but only if motion on one of the outside alarms was triggered first (so my cats don't set it off, or a flash of light by a passing car). Or for my outdoor cameras, I can set my drive-way (where people walk by ) to a much lower sensitivity than say the porch or the walk-way. Not much happens around here that I don't see.

Yeah I set this software up for an old analog DVR, and then just started adding cameras to it. It's got a very sophisticated motion sensing setup, you can make "zones" for everything on the image, and set them to behave differently. For example, I have cameras in my house that will send an alarm if motion is triggered, but only if motion on one of the outside alarms was triggered first (so my cats don't set it off, or a flash of light by a passing car). Or for my outdoor cameras, I can set my drive-way (where people walk by ) to a much lower sensitivity than say the porch or the walk-way. Not much happens around here that I don't see.
Put up the live feed so we can watch when Rider's grow room is boring!

Nah, just a bunch of small words all smashed up together.

We need pictures! And since we're talking about tropic responses I remember someone mentioning a growing method where a plant was vegged normally and then flipped on its side to flower, effectively letting gravitropism do the job of supercropping. Maybe you could get away with that if you were growing in coco?
View media item 1509897

That was I, my good sir! And it was in rock wool.

Put up the live feed so we can watch when Rider's grow room is boring!
Haha! You can watch the crackheads rooting through my dumpster all day long :p

Actually, one day there were some cops going to one of the other units, and he flashed my camera with his flashlight so it triggered the motion alert... Well, that day it had rained frozen rain and there was nothing but ice in the parking lot. He was trucking by real quick, and I was thinking, "Man you're gonna fall," and right as I said it, BOOM, he hit the ice. Got back up and looked back at the camera like, "Fuck I know you saw that." hahaha

Haha! You can watch the crackheads rooting through my dumpster all day long :p
Actually, one day there were some cops going to one of the other units, and he flashed my camera with his flashlight so it triggered the motion alert... Well, that day it had rained frozen rain and there was nothing but ice in the parking lot. He was trucking by real quick, and I was thinking, "Man you're gonna fall," and right as I said it, BOOM, he hit the ice. Got back up and looked back at the camera like, "Fuck I know you saw that." hahaha
See? That is way more interesting than watching plants grow!

See? That is way more interesting than watching plants grow!
Yeah... But two more cameras and I'll be able to do both! Lol

I think those ones are cheaper than the ones I usually look at because they're not outdoor rated. Makes sense now. Also good, since there's no need for them to be if they're in the tents.

Back
Top Bottom