Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

What percentage do you prefer for curing?

After I trim and dry; I like using 3-way Boveda 58% humidity package and very pleased with the results.
Typically I open the jars daily while the RH exceeds 60%. When it sits steady at 60% I open the jars weekly. Occasionally taking the buds out of the jars completely.

I've not tried these Boveda packs before. I hear a lot of people talk about them though and i hear good things. I will have to give them a go. Thanks @Tokin Roll :thumb:

Do you use these Boveda packs everytime? Or just in case you over dry?

I use them for anything I'm keeping as personal smoking flower. I think I've noticed that over months of storage they make a big difference. There's also tuts online for recharging them (I haven't needed to yet but the 'indirect three day rehumidifying method seems like it makes sense).

I use them for anything I'm keeping as personal smoking flower. I think I've noticed that over months of storage they make a big difference. There's also tuts online for recharging them (I haven't needed to yet but the 'indirect three day rehumidifying method seems like it makes sense).
That's really interesting, thanks @copperrein :high-five:

I'll get some and give them a go with my personal smoke too. I'm intrigued :yummy:

Typically I open the jars daily while the RH exceeds 60%. When it sits steady at 60% I open the jars weekly. Occasionally taking the buds out of the jars completely.

I've not tried these Boveda packs before. I hear a lot of people talk about them though and i hear good things. I will have to give them a go. Thanks @Tokin Roll :thumb:

Bovede is good once you get it into the right stage of RH, it'll keep it stable

Some people have reported a slight loss in terps using them. I've never noticed and I've used them for years (used to get them free every med weed order).

There's some great reading on curing stages in my signature, it's a bit of a read but man oh man, it's what made things click for me to dry and cure.

Edit- to recharge I've always used a wet paper towel or if it's too wet, leave it air out to dry it up a bit.

Thanks @KCCO 77 I really appreciate you coming along. I love your grow and your system.

I've been thinking about making myself a new system, potentially with bigger piping for my next run. I have problems with roots making their way where they shouldn't. If i do, I think i'm going to go with the Uniseals the way you have :high-five: I'm sure I may have some plumbing questions to fire at you :cheesygrinsmiley:
Take it steady brother!
Anytime brother just tag me in with a @ any time. Play safe and enjoy

I checked the ladies before lights out, still stable at:

EC : 0.9
PH 5.9

Some good growth again today on the left 2 ladies and the back right is catching up too. The one front right is growing at a slower rate.

We'll see where they sit in the morning. Whatever happens i'll be topping up the system with a some Week 2 + additional Mg++. Depending on the readings in the morning will determine the strength of the nutrient solution.

:peace:

I have been using them for about a year of so and fine them to be very effective if I slightly over day.

Some of my buds are in jars for 4+ months; so with one pack of the right size for the container( 8 grams of one ounce).

Never had any problems with them.

Tok..
Thanks Tokin. That’s useful info. I’ve got a couple questions I wondered if you or anyone else could answer:

- what’s the 3-way thing all about?
- I see they have 62% and 58%. I’m thinking the 58% as I usually cap at 60 - I noticed this is your preference, any reason for this?

Day 9 Flower​

Morning folks!

The readings this morning:

PH : 6.0

Very happy with this. Ladies are nice and stable which suggests that the plants and the system are in a good place. The water level is dropping nicely. The slight up swing in PH would suggest that the plants are feeding. :yahoo:

And here they are. Made some minor adjustments to the screen. I expect I will have some more adjustments to make later today.

The internode spacing between bud sites on new growth seems to be getting shorter

Which might suggest that the stretch is slowing up now. but we'll see - i've been fooled before.

I topped up with a 10L nutrient solution of 1.0ec at 5.8ph.

Recipe (in order)​

Starting Water : Rain water @ 0ec
BuddhasTree Solar Green Power (silica) @ recommended 0.25ml/l
Botanicare CalMag Plus -> 0.2ec
Botanicare Sweet Raw -> 0.4ec (magnesium sulphate)
Canna Aqua Flores A + B -> 0.9ec (base)
Buddhas Tree Flower Burst -> @ recommended 0.25ml/l (boost)
PH Adjusted to 5.8
Botanicare Hydroguard @ recommended (bennies)
House and Grden Root Excelurator Silver @ recommended (bennies)

The system now reads:

PH : 5.9

Looking awesome man. I like the detail in your posts. Really handy for guys like me with no hydro experience to see what you're checking regularly and how you manage it. :goodjob:
Thanks mate, appreciate it :thumb:

If there's anything else you think i could share that might be useful just let me know. I try to include detail, but also keep the posts brief. So if they're too brief don't hesitate to ping a question at me :peace:

This looks awesome loving the set up beautiful plants bro
Thanks @Ljb1 and thanks a lot for coming along for the ride. Glad to have you here:high-five:I actually subbed to your grow this morning too :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom