Mel's ViparSpectra XS 2000 Sponsored Grow - Blueberry & Northern Lights

Hello everyone!
I'm proud to have the opportunity to show off the @ViparSpectra XS 2000!
This is a board style LED grow light with a full spectrum supplemented by 660 Red, and 730 IR diodes.
I'm really looking forward to see what I can do with this light, seed to harvest!

To start off here's some pics, and then some details...
XS2000 A.png
XS2000 B.png
XS2000 C.png
XS2000 D.png
XS2000 E.png
XS2000 F.png
XS2000 G.png

From the website:
TOP PERFORMANCE & HIGHER QUALITY YIELDS:VIPARSPECTRA XS2000 LED grow light adopts the latest high-quality LEDs
technology-Samsung LM301B diodes, high energy efficiency LEDs increase yield of crops and save operation cost, generates more
usable lighting per watt and provides better light canopy penetration.

OPTIMAL FULL SPECTRUM & FLEXIBLE DIMMIER: Consists of 3000K warm white, 5000K white, 660nm deep red, and 730nm IR light,
which providing your plants with excellent full spectrum led grow lights. The red and IR light are particularly useful during bloom,
which can speed up bloom time and enhance high yields to obtain the ideal harvest. An added dimmer knob is featured to
manipulate the light intensity at liberty, provides desired needs for plants in all stages from veg to bloom.

SILENT OPERATION & SOLID CONSTRUCTION: No fans zero noise. Large areas of solid aluminum heat sinks help you to achieve the
ideal cooling system. Adopts high safety performance MEAN WELL HLG series driver to achieve high PAR output, longer lifespan to
speed up plant's grow processes and boost yields while saving you on your energy bill.

So, I've already got the light up in a new 120x60cm tent, and it really looks good in there! In the next post I'll tell you al about the seeds, and the growing environment!

And just in case you missed it, here's the link to their website:

Everyone is welcome, and if you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask or share them!

For this journal I will be growing in soil, in a 60x120x200cm (2x4x6'6") tent, starting off in jiffy pods, to 1 gallon plastic, and finally 5 gallon fabric pots.
The soil will be my usual Promix Organic Vegetable & Herb blend.
Nutrients will be MC, ventilation will be a 4" inline fan with a carbon filter.
The temps in the tent stay consistent between 22 and 28C both day and night, and the humidity is fairly constant at 30 to 45% rh.

I have decided to grow a @Canuk Seeds Blueberry from @True North Seed Bank , and a Vision seeds Northern Lights from @Herbies Seeds
Here's the strain information.

Blueberry
80% indica/20% sativa
Photoperiod, feminized
Flowering time - 8 to 9 weeks
Flavour - Berry, Blueberry, fruity, sweet
Effect - Euphoric, Relaxing
THC - 13-15%
Terpenes - Myrcene, pinene, caryophyllene

Northern Lights
80% indica/20% sativa
Photoperiod, feminized
Flowering time - 9 weeks
Flavour - Pine, spicy, earthy
Effect - Sleepy, hungry, relaxed
THC - 18%
Terpenes - Myrcene, caryophyllene, limonene

Northern Lights is new to me, but Blueberry is an old favourite of mine. It's really interesting that they both have Afghani and Thai in their lineages.
I started the seeds soaking on the 6th, and the Blueberry has already popped up (although she has the membrane stuck on her right now) and there's movement at the top of the peat puck for the Northern Lights.

I'll keep you all posted!

I’m dressed to impress!
And cheer for your success!

Shine that ViparSpectra baby!

D064F30A-3364-4609-9BE7-E05B23316A61.jpeg
Hi Tra! I'm happy you're here!
:ciao:

Did @ViparSpectra do a PAR test that shows the edge to edge coverage in a 2x4 tent? Their 2x4 tent PAR chart is a square. :hmmmm:
Yes, it's on their website, but it's good info to post here.
Screenshot_2022-12-08-16-42-57-029.jpeg

:ciao: :cheer:

Awesome to see this thread and the new light and tent!

Woo-hoo!
Thanks Krissi!
Glad you could make it!
Awesome I'm in👍💚
Good to have you!

Congrats on the light Mel!

I'll be here making my scientific observations. :)

It's really interesting that they both have Afghani and Thai in their lineages.
That is interesting. Blueberry and Northern Lights are both old faves of mine. Congrats on the light Mel, good luck with the grow :)

To start off, there's an error in the link I provided at the bottom of my first post there.
Here's the correct one.

And now on to the grow.
Little miss Blueberry decided to rip off one of her cotyledons shedding her membrane. Her first set of true leaves still seem to be coming in though.
It's not the first time one of my seedlings has had to do with one, so I'm not worried at this point.

The Northern Lights seed is at the surface, but it seems to have stopped there.
I have started another, and we shall see what happens in the next few days. Worst case this one doesn't sprout. Best case we have 3 plants under the light.

Congrats on the light Mel!

I'll be here making my scientific observations. :)
Thanks GDB!
I'll be making notes!:nerd-with-glasses:
I'm in for this one! and early too!
Before we even had any leaves showing! Welcome!
That is interesting. Blueberry and Northern Lights are both old faves of mine. Congrats on the light Mel, good luck with the grow :)
Thanks Carmen!
I've always loved Blueberry, and Northern Lights has always been on my list to try, so I'm really hoping to get at least one to sprout.
Got room for 1 more? Let’s get this party started!

Whoa Blueberry and Northern Lights will be epic…

Congrats Melville, you deserve a shiny new @ViparSpectra LED
Thanks 013!
Always room for more!

Here's the Blueberry seedling, we're still waiting on the Northern Lights.
Sorry about this being short, edible is kicking in.
Tomorrow I'll go over the plan to train the plants.

Ahh. The rare cotyledonoscopy. :)
Can you tell me how to pronounce that?
I'm sure that one will pull through fine since the first leaves are already coming in. :goodluck: with the stalled sprout!

There goes GDB with his scientific observations again. :cheesygrinsmiley:
And tonight she's green!

Morning everyone.
I've been thinking about how I plan to train the plants, and I'm still deciding between quadlining, or my usual octolining.
I have all the supplies I need for both, and Blueberry tends to take very well to octolining, but I'm not sure about Northern Lights (assuming I get one to take). I'm thinking quad might be the better bet this time.
I'll be using carhooks first, then bamboo skewers, then dowels to keep the branches horizontal, and with a good 8 to 9 week veg we should see the tent fill up nicely.
Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Still no movement on the Northern Lights seeds. I've started a seed from another strain, a Zkittlez freebie from Herbie's.
If my luck holds that will ensure both the Northern Lights seeds pop up, as well as the Zkittlez.:laugh:
Little Miss Blueberry seems to have a deformed leaf, but it looks pretty familiar, so I'm not worried.

Imo a nice long Veg is the key, regardless of training. I top 4th or 5th and let them go. Strip them couple times before the flip.
But haven't done a quad in awhile. Might give it a shot next round.
Cheers bud
I like going longer than 8 weeks veg indoors, always seems to do best when they have time to prepare.
I don't delve into matters of the heart! :)
A wise policy:laugh:

I am interested in this one. I am thinking about trying Blueberry myself next year. I am planning on Acapulco Gold, Golden Tiger, but I still have two slots to fill. I have gotten Blueberry freebies in the past and have a few to try.

You mentioned earlier that you've grown it before, how much did it stretch after flip? Did it double or more?
Also if you've grown it more than once, did they develop the same each time and are there lots of different phenos?

Did your previous Blueberrys have wide or narrow leaves? I think narrow leafed plants can be grown thicker than wide leafed strains. More light gets through to lower buds.

Back
Top Bottom