Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

Re: Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

Seems like I did almost exact same thing you did. I am in 3 gallon pots myself. And have done about 4 gallons in past 2 weeks.

Yea, i haven't smoked any of the product yet so I'll let you know I'm 2 weeks if the ash is grey. If it is then we did good enough :) or maybe even perfectly

Yea, i haven't smoked any of the product yet so I'll let you know I'm 2 weeks if the ash is grey. If it is then we did good enough :) or maybe even perfectly

I think im going to water 1 last time. With 2 gallons. 1 gallon makes it run off pretty good so I'm sure 2 gallons will be good. Then I'll wait to dry out and will harvest either Saturday or Sunday.

I think im going to water 1 last time. With 2 gallons. 1 gallon makes it run off pretty good so I'm sure 2 gallons will be good. Then I'll wait to dry out and will harvest either Saturday or Sunday.

Yea if you do the 2 gallons and wait until it dries, I'm sure all the nutes would have been utilized and thrown out by then.

Yea if you do the 2 gallons and wait until it dries, I'm sure all the nutes would have been utilized and thrown out by then.

Yea I really wanted to go for it but I want to be sure. I can wait another 3 to 4 days.

So are you drying at the moment?

Yea I really wanted to go for it but I want to be sure. I can wait another 3 to 4 days.

So are you drying at the moment?

Yea I'm drying in my flower room since my shed is too hot and humid, flower room is a better choice but not the best I know. So will see how long they take to dry. Last harvest they dried in 5 days, which is too fast considering I had the whole structure hanging, so I decided to dry in my flower room this time

Also I forgot to mention, don't wait too long if your plant is for THC. If your growing a CBD strain it's okay to wait extra time, but THC degrades the longer you wait, if you have at least 30% amber trichs than your better off pulling it now instead of waiting for the flush, otherwise your losing a lot of potential THC

Also I forgot to mention, don't wait too long if your plant is for THC. If your growing a CBD strain it's okay to wait extra time, but THC degrades the longer you wait, if you have at least 30% amber trichs than your better off pulling it now instead of waiting for the flush, otherwise your losing a lot of potential THC

That's what I was worried about. I did read about this. Most of my top nugs are pretty much reach. Good amount of Amber. My lower nugs have a little bit of Amber. It actually might be better to do it today.

I almost did it last night but wanted to wait till today to harvest. But also been thinking to water 1 last time. Been going back and forth. But I think I'll harvest when I get home today. Just need to get a space ready for it. My room is always between 60 to 70 degrees. So I might just hang em in corner somewhere. Or make a screen.

You have yours In your flower room? With lights on?
I wish both my plants were ready then I could hang then in my tent. But one has to stay a little longer.

Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

Yea I have other plants in flower so the light is on a 12/12. Another option is to harvest just the bigger buds that have the most amber already and leave the lower buds to complete the flush and mature more. And yes I know drying the plant with light in the room isn't ideal as well but, light was in my shed regardless so it's still the better choice. Plus it's not directly in the light so it won't degrade the THC enough to even have a side by side comparison... to my knowledge at least, still learning.

I went back through my pages and last feeding was 8/9.
So been 12 days and within that time I have watered them 4 times. So 4 gallons. Is that enough??

I kind of want to water them 1 more time but with about 2 gallons of water. Just to be sure that I get the nutrients out. What do you guys think or is the 4 gallons in the past 12 days enough?

Did you ever pick up a ppm meter? If you want to take some of the guesswork out of it, look at ppm going in and then test the run off. If they are close to the same ppm going in and coming out, it's safe to say you don't have build-up... nutes depleted.

The idea behind flushing is to flush out residual nutes from soil so the plant begins pulling energy from its leaves and transporting it to the buds. This ensures that the nutes in plant are fully metabolized by harvest time. So basically you clean the soil and the plant cleans itself. When don't properly, most of the leaves will be dead or dying by harvest.

That's my take on it anyway. A couple of my plants were still green at harvest and I didn't do a full fledged flush. I had stopped using my meter because I didn't see the point after I had started to back off on nutes. That was dumb. Tracking everything is the best way to compare results and improve methods. Anyway, I'm going to do the standard 3x soil volume flush this time and see if it makes the bud smoke smoother, and most important to me, have as little residuals in the medicine I make as possible.

This is very interesting. I'm here talking with my gf and she was confused. Lol she said to try it.

How do you wash the buds. I'm scared of doing that. Lol it doesn't do anything to it?

The reason I looked at washing is because I had some white powdery mildew. But as I read up on it I saw that many are washing just to get the hair and dust off it. These sticky buds catch everything the air movement blows around!

I explained my wash in post #52 in my journal. This was my first wash. Subsequent washes I lowered the first bucket temp by five degrees and increased the temp of the final rinse by 5 degrees. On the first wash I found some trichomes in my wash buckets. Too cold and they get brittle and fall off. Too hot and they melt off. You can just use room temp water. All they need is gentle agitation and a few up and down dunks... about 30 second in each bucket. I was a bit aggressive because of the mildew and so lost some trichs.

Aside from cleaning the junk off the buds, the Hydrogen Peroxide sterilizes them. It really gave me some confidence in the dry as I believed because of the H202 and lemon juice, the chances of mold are significantly reduced.

Did you ever pick up a ppm meter? If you want to take some of the guesswork out of it, look at ppm going in and then test the run off. If they are close to the same ppm going in and coming out, it's safe to say you don't have build-up... nutes depleted.

The idea behind flushing is to flush out residual nutes from soil so the plant begins pulling energy from its leaves and transporting it to the buds. This ensures that the nutes in plant are fully metabolized by harvest time. So basically you clean the soil and the plant cleans itself. When don't properly, most of the leaves will be dead or dying by harvest.

That's my take on it anyway. A couple of my plants were still green at harvest and I didn't do a full fledged flush. I had stopped using my meter because I didn't see the point after I had started to back off on nutes. That was dumb. Tracking everything is the best way to compare results and improve methods. Anyway, I'm going to do the standard 3x soil volume flush this time and see if it makes the bud smoke smoother, and most important to me, have as little residuals in the medicine I make as possible.

I did get one. I don't know why I did not think of doing that. Im still going back and forth on wether i should harvest or water 1 last time.
My plants are like yellow. Well the leaves are almost all dead. A few green one on the lower buds. But not many. And there light green turning yellow. I'm sure my pictures look very yellow. Lol

The reason I looked at washing is because I had some white powdery mildew. But as I read up on it I saw that many are washing just to get the hair and dust off it. These sticky buds catch everything the air movement blows around!

I explained my wash in post #52 in my journal. This was my first wash. Subsequent washes I lowered the first bucket temp by five degrees and increased the temp of the final rinse by 5 degrees. On the first wash I found some trichomes in my wash buckets. Too cold and they get brittle and fall off. Too hot and they melt off. You can just use room temp water. All they need is gentle agitation and a few up and down dunks... about 30 second in each bucket. I was a bit aggressive because of the mildew and so lost some trichs.

Aside from cleaning the junk off the buds, the Hydrogen Peroxide sterilizes them. It really gave me some confidence in the dry as I believed because of the H202 and lemon juice, the chances of mold are significantly reduced.

I will go through and see how you did it when I get home.
I'll be too afraid that I'll take off alot of tricomes

I did get one. I don't know why I did not think of doing that. Im still going back and forth on wether i should harvest or water 1 last time.
My plants are like yellow. Well the leaves are almost all dead. A few green one on the lower buds. But not many. And there light green turning yellow. I'm sure my pictures look very yellow. Lol

Do you have amber trichomes on the buds? My current run is at 40 days and already I have some amber on sugar leaves, but it on the buds that one needs to go by. Any time after most trichs on buds are cloudy is a good time to harvest. More heady effect with just cloudy... more body effect as they turn amber.

If you only have a few amber trichs on buds themselves, I think I would run 5-6 gallons of water thru them, let them dry out fully... maybe a week, and then harvest.

I will go through and see how you did it when I get home.
I'll be too afraid that I'll take off alot of tricomes

I was a bit nervous but then we all are when we haven't done something before. Because the trichomes aren't water soluble, can't wash them off. If that were the case, rain would do it outside. And between wind and rain, God made them to stand up to normal pounding they take from weather.

Just a gentle agitation in the water is all they need. Just don't bang around in sides of bucket.

Some peeps believe the wash causes them to dry faster. I believe it. If you read on from the wash post in my journal, you'll read about the water cure experiment I did. It's another method that's been used for a long time. That bud soaked under water for five days. It was dry and curing two weeks faster than anything else and is now perfect as far as dry and taste and aroma. Actually it's the only of the four strains that tastes the same as it smells and is as strong tasting as it smells. It's awesome!

Do you have amber trichomes on the buds? My current run is at 40 days and already I have some amber on sugar leaves, but it on the buds that one needs to go by. Any time after most trichs on buds are cloudy is a good time to harvest. More heady effect with just cloudy... more body effect as they turn amber.

If you only have a few amber trichs on buds themselves, I think I would run 5-6 gallons of water thru them, let them dry out fully... maybe a week, and then harvest.

Yea I have Amber trichomes. I have had some since couple days ago. I have maybe 30 to 40 percent now on top. Lower buds have maybe 10 to 15 percent

Back
Top Bottom