Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

If the trics are where you want them, get ready for the home stretch by starting your flush instead of nutes like you mentioned :)

So since our grow's have some stuff in common, how tall were your plants when you started to flower and how long were they in veg?

Did they stretch enough that you're satisfied with the overall size of the bud(s)?

I've LST'd mine a lot, and some of the side branches that are becoming tops are small yet. I just wonder if they'll turn into something more than popcorn when it comes time to flip to 12/12

My plants are really starting to smell. I watered them yesterday 1 tablespoon molasses , half tsp cal mag, and ph level at 6.3

I was going to water with nutrients but she is starting to look close so I might start flushing with just water for next 2 weeks.

Ive just started flushing with 1tsp molasses to 4L water with mine. Yours look great!!

If the trics are where you want them, get ready for the home stretch by starting your flush instead of nutes like you mentioned :)

So since our grow's have some stuff in common, how tall were your plants when you started to flower and how long were they in veg?

Did they stretch enough that you're satisfied with the overall size of the bud(s)?

I've LST'd mine a lot, and some of the side branches that are becoming tops are small yet. I just wonder if they'll turn into something more than popcorn when it comes time to flip to 12/12

I honestly do not know how tall they were when I put them in. And no they did not stretch. I kept them from getting bigger because I soon realized I was not going to have enough space. Will be buying a taller tent for my next plants going in. They were in veg for a good 8 weeks. U got them as clones and had them outside. Our weather was not good at the time so they weren't getting big as fast as i wanted them too. If anything I only allowed about 2 to 3 inches of stretching. Then I kept pushing my scrog sown.

Could i have gotten more main nugs? Yes. I should have topped more.
Am I satisfied with what I got at the moment? Absolutely! It's my first time with LED and being able to actually finish indoors so whatever I get I'll be happy. Definitely learned different things to do to get more out of them.
Hope any of this helps

Ive just started flushing with 1tsp molasses to 4L water with mine. Yours look great!!

Hey thanks bud! So you can still flush with molasses? I have been going back and forth if I should do just water or with molasses.
When flushing. Do i stick to half gallon each for the last 2 weeks. Or do I water until it's running off? And do I make it run out every time I water?

I honestly do not know how tall they were when I put them in. And no they did not stretch. I kept them from getting bigger because I soon realized I was not going to have enough space. Will be buying a taller tent for my next plants going in. They were in veg for a good 8 weeks. U got them as clones and had them outside. Our weather was not good at the time so they weren't getting big as fast as i wanted them too. If anything I only allowed about 2 to 3 inches of stretching. Then I kept pushing my scrog sown.

Could i have gotten more main nugs? Yes. I should have topped more.
Am I satisfied with what I got at the moment? Absolutely! It's my first time with LED and being able to actually finish indoors so whatever I get I'll be happy. Definitely learned different things to do to get more out of them.
Hope any of this helps
Yeah I suppose the saying every grow is different is true. I'll just have to play mine by ear and see what happens. I'm still a couple weeks away from a 60 day veg, and while yield isn't everything I've got a set a goal in mind. So fingers crossed

Day 42 of flower, the black cherry soda is really showing some beautiful colors on the buds. And my Dutch treat is smelling so good. I wish I woulda have topped her more like I did black cherry soda. Anyways here are pictures that I just took.

20170814_210424.jpg
20170814_210408.jpg
20170814_210347.jpg
20170814_210308.jpg
20170814_210301.jpg
20170814_210254.jpg
20170814_210238.jpg
20170814_210136.jpg

Thank you! I have not been as active as I wanted to be. Work has been kicking my butt. Lol
Thank you for dropping by

Same here! In middle of big remodel and doing by myself. The custom walk-in shower I just finished was supposed to take a week and it took three! I just can't seem to keep anything simple!
420-magazine-mobile1893032637.jpg

So my Blueberry Kush was the only plant that the top fan leaves turned similar to yours. One of the things I realized in my first grow was that I over reacted to what I read was one of the biggest first timer mistakes... over watering and over feeding. At two points in my grow, I had to increase my nutes ppm and they picked right back up.

I don't think the fan leaves should turn until the flush when they start pulling energy from fan leaves because they aren't getting it from feeding. And as they near the end that's when they really start to bulk up and require more. So I'm thinking it's possible your feeding has been a bit in the light side. Maybe!

I see you've been feeding them boosters, cal mag, and molasses. Did you abandon your base nutes? This could also be why the yellowing. Did you ever pick up a ppm meter? That helps a lot. It didn't necessarily get me totally tuned to that perfect feeding schedule, but I have a baseline now and on my second round I have consistent growth instead of spirts and swings in growth. I had been feeding from 400-600 ppm and after getting my meter went to 800-1000 and then in last week or two before flush was up to 1200. It really made a difference.

I'm blown away by how well this second round of Blueberry Kush is doing. A testament to taking as organized approach as possible using as much available technology as possible within my budget. And... the plants being much smarter than I am!!!

Day 28
420-magazine-mobile803684527.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2103729768.jpg

You're doing awesome! I think everyone hits a point when they realize they could have done better. That's not a negative it's a positive. Those little realizations mean greater rewards in the future. It's a process and if we can't enjoy the process, the rewards lose their luster!

Anyway... another long winded post by Randoo!! Glad I can laugh at myself!!

Same here! In middle of big remodel and doing by myself. The custom walk-in shower I just finished was supposed to take a week and it took three! I just can't seem to keep anything simple!
420-magazine-mobile1893032637.jpg

So my Blueberry Kush was the only plant that the top fan leaves turned similar to yours. One of the things I realized in my first grow was that I over reacted to what I read was one of the biggest first timer mistakes... over watering and over feeding. At two points in my grow, I had to increase my nutes ppm and they picked right back up.

I don't think the fan leaves should turn until the flush when they start pulling energy from fan leaves because they aren't getting it from feeding. And as they near the end that's when they really start to bulk up and require more. So I'm thinking it's possible your feeding has been a bit in the light side. Maybe!

I see you've been feeding them boosters, cal mag, and molasses. Did you abandon your base nutes? This could also be why the yellowing. Did you ever pick up a ppm meter? That helps a lot. It didn't necessarily get me totally tuned to that perfect feeding schedule, but I have a baseline now and on my second round I have consistent growth instead of spirts and swings in growth. I had been feeding from 400-600 ppm and after getting my meter went to 800-1000 and then in last week or two before flush was up to 1200. It really made a difference.

I'm blown away by how well this second round of Blueberry Kush is doing. A testament to taking as organized approach as possible using as much available technology as possible within my budget. And... the plants being much smarter than I am!!!

Day 28
420-magazine-mobile803684527.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2103729768.jpg

You're doing awesome! I think everyone hits a point when they realize they could have done better. That's not a negative it's a positive. Those little realizations mean greater rewards in the future. It's a process and if we can't enjoy the process, the rewards lose their luster!

Anyway... another long winded post by Randoo!! Glad I can laugh at myself!!

Hey thanks for all the kind words. Always great to read when you comment. That's a nice looking shower! Nice man. Same here, doing a garage that was suppose to be done last week, and here we are well on to almost 2 weeks later. Thats how it goes i guess.

I feel like I did drop in feeding instead of going up. I just finally got a little microscope and the trics are not where I want them to be. Still look clear. I'll post some pics and you can let me know what you think.

If I have another 2 weeks or so before flushing, could I feed her again even though I missed 1 feeding? few days.
I did pick up a ppm meter but work made me be lazy and not use it as much last 2 feedings. I know. Need to stop that.

That blueberry kush looks amazing. I need to grow a kush for the couch lock when I get home from work.
Again thanks for the great reply Randoo.!

Today is week 7. Day 49 of flowering. I think my black cherry soda is getting ready to harvest. My Dutch treat looks like will stay another few weeks.

I watered them last night, both 1 gallon each.
Black cherry soda 1 gallon plain water with oh level at 6.3
Dutch treat 1 gallon of water, 1 tablespoon molasses and ph level at 6.3.... I used maybe 3/4 of it for Dutch treat.
I will post some pictures of them later. Lights are off at the moment.

How do you guys dry your weed? Or plan on doing it. I wanted to do it in my tent, but my Dutch treat won't be ready for another 2 or 3 weeks. So I need to find or make a small place to dry them.

What temperature is ideal for them and what's the humidity suppose to be

How do you guys dry your weed? Or plan on doing it. I wanted to do it in my tent, but my Dutch treat won't be ready for another 2 or 3 weeks. So I need to find or make a small place to dry them.

What temperature is ideal for them and what's the humidity suppose to be

I think there are quite a few ways to do this. If you're hanging them for a week or so, I believe you'll want 60 and 70°F and humidity level between 45-55%. And it should be dark, with some airflow but not directly on the buds.

There's a new craze going on called the Low and Slow method. Involves paper bags (sometimes), a fridge etc etc. I haven't read too much about it.

DrZiggy's Low and Slow Drying Technique: Highly Recommended

Here's a bunch of info on curing as well.
How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

I think there are quite a few ways to do this. If you're hanging them for a week or so, I believe you'll want 60 and 70°F and humidity level between 45-55%. And it should be dark, with some airflow but not directly on the buds.

There's a new craze going on called the Low and Slow method. Involves paper bags (sometimes), a fridge etc etc. I haven't read too much about it.

Here's a bunch of info on curing as well.
How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom