Mike's First 2x2 LED Grow - Dutch Treat & Black Cherry Soda

Hey everyone I got a question. What do you guys do with your trim? What's the easiest thing to do with it ? Hash?

When I harvest the plants, i wet trim the buds and put all the trim into a ziplock bag. I store the bag in a cool dark place for 2 weeks, but just like curing the buds I give the trim the same treatment. I open the bag for at least 15 mins once a day. I'm not sure if that how your suppose to do it but that's what I do with my trim. I make Cannabutter with the trim and it comes out great and hits you like a tree stump is what everyone says so.... must be doing something right.
420-magazine-mobile1089852704.jpg
420-magazine-mobile877493462.jpg

I believe making Cannabutter is the easiest thing to do with trim.

When I harvest the plants, i wet trim the buds and put all the trim into a ziplock bag. I store the bag in a cool dark place for 2 weeks, but just like curing the buds I give the trim the same treatment. I open the bag for at least 15 mins once a day. I'm not sure if that how your suppose to do it but that's what I do with my trim. I make Cannabutter with the trim and it comes out great and hits you like a tree stump is what everyone says so.... must be doing something right.
420-magazine-mobile1089852704.jpg
420-magazine-mobile877493462.jpg

I believe making Cannabutter is the easiest thing to do with trim.

I think I will be doing this. My gf could get good use of that

Cannabutter is your best bet! And try coconut oil instead of butter! :thumb:

I was actually talking about that with her. I have a friend who made some coconut oil, and said he sometimes takes half a tablespoon for bed. Helps him to not wake up so much at night.
I actually will go for that. My trim is just sitting with my buds drying. Is that ok?

So today the stem of the buds gave me the cracking noise so in to jars they went. I got a total of 32.7 grams. Little over an ounce for the plant. Not bad for my first. Still waiting to harvest my Dutch treat.
I flushed her again yesterday with 3 gallons of water. Might do it once more then let her dry and harvest. Here is a picture of the Dutch treat.

20170829_231041.jpg
20170829_231033.jpg
20170829_231006.jpg

Oh wow that is a perfectly mature plant. Nice job! How many amber trichomes did you get amber before you flushed? What was it's flush process?

Oh wow that is a perfectly mature plant. Nice job! How many amber trichomes did you get amber before you flushed? What was it's flush process?

For this one there was about 15 percent amber. Put 3 gallons through her almost a week ago and again another 3 gallons 2 days ago. Total of 6 gallons. Might do it again then harvest.

This one I am doing different than the black cherry soda. The black cherry soda which I now have in jars curing, I watered her normally for 2 weeks. I'll see if there's a difference when I smoke them.

Oh yea without a doubt should be a difference. The method I discussed with you originally about how I "flush" ended up working for the most part. The bud isn't even done curing and it burns grey ash so that a win for me, everyone wanted to test it before the cure haha I don't know why they do that but at least I can get a ash test early ;P

Lol this gave me a good start to my day. A good laugh.
Thanks man
But I recently started using gloves, I also have a vegetable garden that I touch and also have a grow outside of 10 plants. And they have some stuff going on with them that I do not want to bring inside. So wash my hands and use gloves to try and be on the safe side. Probably a bit much but whatever lol
No you are right on point you are not overdoing it with the gloves there are all sorts of diseases that you could actually give your plants from touching them especially if he used tobacco products such as dip cigarettes or even snuff. And your girl is looking awesome so far good luck

From what I understand, Molasses doesn't actually feed the plant but is carbs for the microbes in soil who break down the nutes for uptake by the roots.

I feed my plants Mammoth P(microbes) along with molasses about every three feedings. Seems to work, although I have nothing to compare it to.
You're right on point about what the Molasses does 100%my friend you seem to be a treasure Trove of information love that today I will be taking a couple clippings from an outdoor plant to clone hopefully things turn out good for me

No you are right on point you are not overdoing it with the gloves there are all sorts of diseases that you could actually give your plants from touching them especially if he used tobacco products such as dip cigarettes or even snuff. And your girl is looking awesome so far good luck

Thank you. Yea and having gloves when trimming helps not get the sticky fingers like my gf did lol. Thanks for checking out my grow.

Oh yea without a doubt should be a difference. The method I discussed with you originally about how I "flush" ended up working for the most part. The bud isn't even done curing and it burns grey ash so that a win for me, everyone wanted to test it before the cure haha I don't know why they do that but at least I can get a ash test early ;P

What will difference be? Taste?
I ended up trying some of my black cherry soda this morning before starting work. I just out it in the jar last night but I couldn't wait. Wanted to try it and show my "boss"(uncle) how it turned out. Not much taste. Not harsh and the ash burns white too so I'm pretty happy.

Back
Top Bottom