My Introduction To DWC Hydroponics

My Brother,
Glad to see you check in on me. Up to no good as usual. Thanks for lining me up with the West Hippie. Between him & Rex, I might not kill my bubblers. LOL 👩‍🌾

Saturday, Nov 12th

Room Temp 73*

Room R/H 54%

Water Temps 72*

Water Levels 1 = smidge down, 2 = 1/8”, 3 = ¼”, 4 = smidge

Previous ppm. 928 907 940 936

Current ppm. 952^ 876 890 940^

P/H 6.08, 6.05, 6.07, 6.05

No adjustments made to P/H

Buckets 1 & 4 low water drop, ppm increasing?

Saturday, Nov 12th

Room Temp 73*

Room R/H 54%

Water Temps 72*

Water Levels 1 = smidge down, 2 = 1/8”, 3 = ¼”, 4 = smidge

Previous ppm. 928 907 940 936

Current ppm. 952^ 876 890 940^

P/H 6.08, 6.05, 6.07, 6.05

No adjustments made to P/H

Buckets 1 & 4 low water drop, ppm increasing?
Perfect.

Here's my two cents:

Dilute buckets 1&4 down. See if you can use some RO water to get them down 50-100 PPM. That should get them feeding.
Your also close enough to 6.3 that you can PH down to 5.5 now.
Dilute, then PH the buckets I should say.

Glad to help!

And @Rexer: no offense but he already had your name as a resource. ;)
Oh no worries, it takes a lot to offend me....and as West Hippie was my biggest hydro mentor....it's wonderful.

Besides- the goal is to help @Maritimer...and the more watching and helping him- the better :green_heart:

I diluted buckets 1 & 4 down ~100ppm and adjusted for P/H. Maybe bye tomorrow morning they will have jumped on the band wagon. All four buckets got 2 ml of Hydro Guard lovins.

Tuesdays are 1 & 4 rez changes, Wednesday 2 & 3 rez changes, Saturdays are Hydro Guard Booster Days for all.

I diluted buckets 1 & 4 down ~100ppm and adjusted for P/H. Maybe bye tomorrow morning they will have jumped on the band wagon. All four buckets got 2 ml of Hydro Guard lovins.

Tuesdays are 1 & 4 rez changes, Wednesday 2 & 3 rez changes, Saturdays are Hydro Guard Booster Days for all.
Feel free to check in a few hours (no issues with waiting a day though!). I bet you will see a tinee weenie drop.

That's part of the allure of a water medium with me- instant results. And, those TDS readings allowed you to avoid nute burning the leaves.

Ahoy There!
Off Topic: Gardener Update
To those of us who suffer chronic pain that interrupts our sleep this will be noteworthy.

Last night I went to bed early ~ 7 pm, woke up this morning at 0630.
No pain wakeups, no piss calls.
Like ... Wow, thank you. :love:

@StoneOtter,
Can you believe it.
No alcohol, or sedatives of any kind.
Just Northern Stankberry.
Thanks bro

Feel free to check in a few hours (no issues with waiting a day though!). I bet you will see a tinee weenie drop.

That's part of the allure of a water medium with me- instant results. And, those TDS readings allowed you to avoid nute burning the leaves.
At dinner time ~5 pm I went and had a peak. Both diluters had resumed consumption. Just as you said. I was amazed.

@StoneOtter,
Can you believe it.
No alcohol, or sedatives of any kind.
Just Northern Stankberry.
Thanks bro
Have you tried RSO, only reason I can sleep more than 2 hrs at a time.
Great for your health aswell.
Cbd and rso saved me. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Have you tried RSO, only reason I can sleep more than 2 hrs at a time.
Great for your health aswell.
Cbd and rso saved me. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Hi Bill,
Check this out.
I no longer make RSO using grain alcohol. For one thing I am a terribly alcoholic and in recovery over 7 years and do not want to ever drink again. The less I play with the shitz, the better.

This is how I make RSO nowadays. I call it BRSO.

I use my extraction tube and run some purified butane thru making BHO.
I then decarb the BHO @250 for an hour.
I then match amount of BHO in grams with organic coconut oil and mix them while oil is still hot from decarb.
Example 6.00 grams BHO and 6.00 grams of coconut oil, combine and mix.
Allow mixture to cool, then suck it up into my syringes.
Store in fridge, dispensing into capsules when needed.

And I did consume a gram in caps, so that was about 1/2 gram BRSO.

Hydro Update;

Yesterday we had the unpleasant experience of chopping down a plant in hydro. It was a boy! To make it shitier, this plant was doing best of the four. Go figure. When I decided to throw this first hydro run together, I knew I was playing Russian roulette when three of the four plants used in the run came from unsexed seed stocks. Never again. Feminized forever!

B2 69* 877 ppm was 876 ppm used ¼ inch, topped off w/ro, p/h 5.76

B3 69* 914 ppm was 890 ppm p/h 5.00

Rechecked ppm still high.

Diluted 2 solo cups, rechecks @ 892ppm

Diluted again 2 solo cups now got 866 ppm

Adjusted p/h to 5.8

B4 69* 825 ppm was 847 used a smidge, topped off p/h 5.90

Ahoy There!
After two weeks of hydro, I am starting to wonder if I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. The plants are being put through more than they would have preferred. But today a bit of sense may have come to me. But first off, a question about ppm.

If my R/O is coming in around say @100 ppm. and my target ppm. is say 875 ppm. Does this mean when I build the nute solution I only have 775 ppm. available?

I made fresh solution today following the bottle labels and the ppm was thru the ceiling at 1400 ppm. So I had to dilute down to around 875 ppm, then recorrect p/h to 5.8. Dilution of fresh solution equals throwing the shit away. I am trying to feed really undersized plants like they were huge and very hungry. Not working.

Ahoy There!
After two weeks of hydro, I am starting to wonder if I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. The plants are being put through more than they would have preferred. But today a bit of sense may have come to me. But first off, a question about ppm.

If my R/O is coming in around say @100 ppm. and my target ppm. is say 875 ppm. Does this mean when I build the nute solution I only have 775 ppm. available?

I made fresh solution today following the bottle labels and the ppm was thru the ceiling at 1400 ppm. So I had to dilute down to around 875 ppm, then recorrect p/h to 5.8. Dilution of fresh solution equals throwing the shit away. I am trying to feed really undersized plants like they were huge and very hungry. Not working.
Wow that’s why I’m having a hard time with change of nutrients. Looking at the girls I’d been at 13-1/2 grams of mc for three gallons of RO water with 10 mL cal-mag and root enhancement this early. I’d only be worried about what the height the light needed to be . My RO water is 7 ppm , are you using a pump on your RO system?
I don’t understand why you would get 1400 ppm counting the 100 ppm from your ro water, yes it counts .
Do you have the chart for GHF nutrient ?

Ahoy there shipmate; sorry to hear your had a male in the bucket; will you be replacing him?

I believe, if you back off a little on the nutrients, and get, and keep her below 800 ppm's she will respond better. DWC can be intimidating, just take your time and don't make any rush decisions. I try to keep my range from 600 to 700, with General Hydroponics nutrients and maybe go up to 800 ppm's in late flower; but that's me.

When you are mixing a solution everything counts from the ppm's in the water to the ppm's from nutrients. It all adds up.

Aside from that I think you are doing a great job for a first time DWC. We will get you thought this, and you will want to do it again.

Update;
Not going to give up on this hydro any time soon. Just need to get my act together and make everything as easy as possible. One thing is I ordered a 5 stage r/o for the basement. Hauling water up and down stairs we could skip, plus limited supply from 3 gal tank on r/o unit makes for empty milk jugs adorning the kitchen table 24/7.

I said yesterday a bit of sense had crept in me. That is when I started realizing my solution was too strong.
Yes, my hydro-skills are very minimal at best. But that is now, with you folks around tomorrow will be a brighter day. 👩‍🌾

Back
Top Bottom