New Grower - Der Kommissar

derkommissar

Hi, I am Der Kommissar and I would like to share what I am doing. I plan on growing for a wholesale enterprise. I have listened to the locals and all of them gripe and grown about crappy weed. I am not a user (just pointing that out early)
Currently I am in the building stages of a grow room. I have looked around and seen how others do it and hopefully what I am doing will work.

The rooms total size is about 17'x6'. This divided into a main room (flowering) and a smaller vegetative room. It has about a 6 ft ceiling and is insulated with 6" bats on the metal roof and 3" bats in the walls (you can see that in the pic). It's construction is modular, it should be able to be tore down in a few hours.

Electrically, well that's where things get interesting. If you looked at the pics you'll see a panel that looks kind of strange. That's a manual transfer switch for a generator. That operates on natural gas. The free gas on my farm. Lot's of time and thought has gone into the electrical aspect. Probably too much. I will run the generator for the 12 hours a day required in the flowering stage and switch to utility power for the rest of the day.

Ventilation is via a metric shitload of duct work. I had the opportunity to scavenge duct work from veral houses being dozed so aside from a few wye's everything was free. I have divided ventilation into three airs: Stinky air which goes up the chimney, Hot air which gets reticulated ( the lights draw air from outside the room and vent outside the room. Less return air needed) and Return air, which is hidden in an upstairs closet . The next pics should show at least some of the duct work in place.

Lights will be 1000 watt hps on the flowering side and fluorescent with some blue LEDs on the veg side. I intended to 'dim' the hps and possibly run Mhs for a short period in the flowering room.

The vegetative room is almost entirely taken up by a flood table of my own design. As designed it needs only one pump. It's a clever design (I think..) That I will expand on later when I finish it. Actually might finish it tomorrow.

This is an expensive project so it's taken some time to get here and will take some more to complete. I plan on growing from seed initially and then cloning after that. I'd like to have seeds started in the next 60 days and the whole room completed within 45 days after that. My next purchase is the flourescents.

I have lots of questions but I will save them for now.
Thanks for looking

(working on pics now. sorry.)

Re: New grower. Der Kommissar

I'm assuming 420 doesn't host it's own images?

IMG_02401600x1200_zps827c0f75.jpg

IMG_02421600x1200_zpsd661f890.jpg

IMG_02441600x1200_zps22d90663.jpg

Finished the electrical today- well most of it. Still have to run one more outlet but that one comes from the house. For the cameras and such.
IMG_0253_1600x1200_.jpg

Looking down the room. the fitting through the ceiling are fresh air return for the lights. The air that cools the lights is never free in the room so it can be vented with out problem indoors. (it's a reversed closed system i guess)

IMG_0245_1600x1200_.jpg

The upper duct work vents stinky air our my chimney through 2 main (flowering room) and 1 small (veg room) vents.

The Flood table. My design. I'm not sure if anyone's actually reading any of this but who cares. This is pretty nifty and a hell of a lot of work. not sure if this has been tried like this, if so, sorry. If not...cool.
IMG_0247_1600x1200_.jpg

Table with drain RTV'd in. will test water tightness tomorrow but it can leak, it's no big deal. The reservoir (reservoir has 3 r's? sorry about the bottom pic then...misspelled multiple times)

IMG_0249_1600x1200_.jpg

This is with the drain pipe taped just to show how it goes. Will be using a net style pot that will then drop into the buckets on my ebb and flow.
The pipe will be O-ringed in allowing it it raise or lower (therfore raising water level) depending on where the plant is developmentally
If there is one design flaw it's it's massive 70 gallon capacity, but I'm working on ways to trim that down. A network of sand filled PVC pipes that will next the pots is the plan.

IMG_0251_1600x1200_.jpg
IMG_0252_1600x1200_.jpg

IMG_0254_1600x1200_1.jpg

These pics show the way I 'pulled' the table down slightly in the middle while keeping the drain in center. the total deflection is about 3/8", should be plenty when i level the table up.
The bottom pic is my theory on it.

Oh, the flood tables dimensions are 42"x61"x~10". Enough to hold 24 10" pots. The top alone weighed a lot. The base, constructed out of 4x4 was just ridiculous. but 70 gallons of water plus the 150lb base will be pushing 700 pounds. The base was made with a mitered top driving all the weight down on the legs vertically.

IMG_0289_1600x1200_1.jpg
IMG_0287_1600x1200_1.jpg
IMG_0286_1600x1200_1.jpg
IMG_0285_1600x1200_1.jpg

Some finish work today. Also made a critical connection from 'stinky air' to the chimney. Got 1 1000 HPS hung to see how it was going to fit. fit well.

Thanks for looking

Painted floor and hooked up power today. It is only powered via utility power right now but in the next month or so I'll get the generator in. I have a 20kw outside on NG and had it running on it too today. Interesting turning something under your yard into electricity. Gonna be to busy for the next few to dick with it. Hoping to order florescents for the veg room in the next few days. I need 5 @ 2 light x 4' . I need them spaced to allow some airflow.

Expecting lights and some other stuff in the next few days. Found a bunch of fans at goodwill, new in box. got 2 12 oscillators, 3 6 inch clip fans, one of those tall skinny ones for 30 bucks.
I also got seed, got 3 varieties, feminized, from Herbies. Bomb THC, Crtical Kush and autopounder. Gonna see what works best for me. Frankly it comes down to a simple formula of yield and quality.

Thanks for looking

I was wondering about how things were moving along with you the other day. I just do micro growing - you have to be innovative to grow small, too. But I've been watching you pull your thing together. Maybe one day for me... Glad to see you're still moving forward! I don't see how you can't succeed the way you carefully pull things together.

Got the vegetative light cloud invented/assembled, partially installed. Thought it was pretty clever. 1 1/2" pvc out side with lights attached to 3/4 emt on the inside. Took all damn day but she's done. Temporarily hung with bungee cords until i come up with a way to easily adjust it up and down. Hard to take pics of installed...

IMG_0302_1024x768_.JPG
IMG_0303_1024x768_.JPG

Oh, in addition to the lights, i got the fan installed to remove 'hot air' (lights, co2 gen). Going to get the 'stinky' air fan doen tomorrow and start tweaking the table. Hopefully plant seeds in the next 10 days. Then the real clock stats for finishing.

I was wondering about how things were moving along with you the other day. I just do micro growing - you have to be innovative to grow small, too. But I've been watching you pull your thing together. Maybe one day for me... Glad to see you're still moving forward! I don't see how you can't succeed the way you carefully pull things together.

I realized that doing it half assed only affected yield, not the legal aspect. I look at it like this, the more i put into it, the quicker i will reach my financial goal (200k-300k) and the quicker i can get out. Cops never let anyone off because there grow room was poorly conceived.
Truth told, I have really enjoyed the technical aspects of this project. I love solving the problems. I just really hope that i can overcome the growing problems!

Financial goals and esthetic satisfaction are often closely related. My gut tells me you are more focused on doing it up right than counting dollars before they are in the bank. That is why your are going to kick some serious ass.

Back
Top Bottom