New ViparSpectra Lights Powering Self Watered SIP Run

My BBQ long skewers are too short to hook the branches of my tall G2 plant. What other skewers could I use or how do I deal with this please?

I don't supercrop (or haven't yet), I continuously adjust the hooks to try to keep it even on top.

I need to act quite quickly if I want to manipulate them because the side branches are starting to toughen up in shape.

The way I do my quads is to flatten the top set and let the lowers grow straight up and then sypercrop them over once they reach the same height as the uppers. Then everything stays (relatively) flat from there.
Interesting Azi! Noted! I'm not sure this particular plant is making shoots large enough to supercrop, or maybe its my sausage fingers. I'll keep that in mind though, sounds like a good tool!
My BBQ long skewers are too short to hook the branches of my tall G2 plant. What other skewers could I use or how do I deal with this please?

I don't supercrop (or haven't yet), I continuously adjust the hooks to try to keep it even on top.

I need to act quite quickly if I want to manipulate them because the side branches are starting to toughen up in shape.
I did what Shed mentioned and it worked well. Aldo I made up single ones with extra long wire that I bent straight up creating an extension.
Mr O. You are looking at between 10 and 12 weeks flower.
Oh nice! This is getting funner by the minute! Thought it was going to run forever. I may should have asked that a month ago! :laugh: Stoner eh?

Tape two together. Quick enough? :)
It worked! I didn't think that would be strong enough but it is. Chop chop, done :) Thanks!

I did what Shed mentioned and it worked well. Aldo I made up single ones with extra long wire that I bent straight up creating an extension.
We almost posted at the exact same time :) Have a glorious Sunday Otters

Interesting Azi! Noted! I'm not sure this particular plant is making shoots large enough to supercrop, or maybe its my sausage fingers. I'll keep that in mind though, sounds like a good tool!
And the way I do my supercropping is to press the stem against, and partially around, a round object like a pen/pen cap. I've broken too many stems just doing the "roll it between your fingers" technique.

Pressing it against a round object also allows you to do very small, thin stems like leaves that block the light in flower. Let's you keep them on the plant to provide whatever it is they provide while still getting them out of the way for more important objectives. I know lots of growers "tuck" the leaves behind others but mine always seem to bounce right back up.

So with your first sentence I can say that's what's happening. The buds (tips now) will be at the same level even though the two nodes are at different heights. Your second sentence is exactly what's going on. We're talking the same game here I'm thinking. I'm waiting for the lower plane to catch up to the upper, that I keep down flat. Then I'll do my best to maintain a level canopy at that single common plane.
I'm not sure we're on the same page yet. With quadding, you're not trying for just the four end buds to be on the same plane, but all of the shoots coming up between the main stalk and those final buds as well. By laying the branch flat all of the shorter limbs that would have become larf now have equal access to the light.

In your case you'll have an upper set of buds (including the branch ends but also including all the rest in between) and then a lower plane with maybe the exception of those terminal end buds that are up at the top plane level.

Like Shed said, those on the lower plane will likely end up as smaller buds with the exception of the terminal bud on each of the two lower shoots.

It worked! I didn't think that would be strong enough but it is. Chop chop, done :) Thanks!

We almost posted at the exact same time :) Have a glorious Sunday Otters
We'll get these beauties grown Carm! Happy Sundaying to you too!
And the way I do my supercropping is to press the stem against, and partially around, a round object like a pen/pen cap. I've broken too many stems just doing the "roll it between your fingers" technique.

Pressing it against a round object also allows you to do very small, thin stems like leaves that block the light in flower. Let's you keep them on the plant to provide whatever it is they provide while still getting them out of the way for more important objectives. I know lots of growers "tuck" the leaves behind others but mine always seem to bounce right back up.
Good tips Azi! Much appreciated!
I'm not sure we're on the same page yet. With quadding, you're not trying for just the four end buds to be on the same plane, but all of the shoots coming up between the main stalk and those final buds. By laying the branch flat all of the shorter limbs that would have become larf now have equal access to the light.

In your case you'll have an upper set of buds (including the branch ends but also including all the rest in between) and then a lower plane with maybe the exception of those terminal end buds that are up at the top plane level.

Like Shed said, those on the lower plane will likely end up as smaller buds with the exception of the terminal bud on each of the two lower shoots.
My point with that was that the tips being either up higher than the rest of the growth ends or lower than them. Higher should promote growth to all the growth ends and level or lower will slow down growth to them and only extend main tip length. Therefore, impeding and forcing flat the whole top node now and letting the tips of the lower node reach up higher than it's branching will lead to the lowers all even with the uppers. I'm talking about manipulating growth of all the branches on the node by the height of the end tip in relation to the node. I'm off to visit Light Addict to ask about that. TTYL

VIPARSPECTRA TENT HALF ON FIRE OTHER HALF MEH UPDATE

Good Sunday folks! One thing that's happening is 2 of these babies are flying now and I've taken their top branches and flattened them horizontal. Man they're on the move! So we're waiting for the rest of them to come up to the top canopy.
These are the tall more sativaish growing plants that caught on right away in SIP.
Sky Muffin and northern Stank

These shorter more indicaish growing plants are taking their time but are doing well in miniature compared. It'll be a few more days until I can grab onto the top node and horizontalificate. They're growing pretty good for not catching yet!
Otters Dream and Black Poisonberry

Have the best day!

Damn Is it suppose to bee that hard , sounds like a PIA But carcass plant looked nice even if not perfect . I have never tried it myself but have seen it done intheshed did one some time back .
Hi Smokes! It's a matter of sitting in my chair and manipulating things according to my thoughts. What better thing is there to do I ask? This is just my first run like this and i have some things I wish I remembered more fully. The debate is stimulating and welcome! I want to lead folks down the right path so I'm leery of explaining things as if I know I'm performing them perfectly. We'll see what Light Addict says about my memory.

With that I'm about to look at her like Carcass mentioned and maybe bring the bottom tips up branch and all. That makes sense to me in the near future.
Love those healthy green plants! Are the shorties at least big enough for StankClips®?
They might be today, yesterday i couldn't get my fingers in there. It's close! I have to check today yet. Good morning! That's a good idea! I have some new thingies to try I forgot I had too. Those little red branch bendy things I see here at The Mag.

If you use the red bendy things remember to take them off after the plant grows so they don't cut off the circulation.

Also, LA's mainlines have no lower node, but I'm sure he can explain the heck out of auxin distribution! Either way, I think as long as you keep all the top growth completely flat the center should fill in from below after a while. That's what I used to do when I LST'd my plants.

If you use the red bendy things remember to take them off after the plant grows so they don't cut off the circulation.

Also, LA's mainlines have no lower node, but I'm sure he can explain the heck out of auxin distribution! Either way, I think as long as you keep all the top growth completely flat the center should fill in from below after a while. That's what I used to do when I LST'd my plants.
I got em today with pipe cleaners! They look happy and soon to be on the move too. The northern Stank in left rear's going to be ready real soon so they need to be one way or another! :)

All this growing and these lights are purring along at only 50%! @ViparSpectra did a good thing in these babies! I can't wait to tell you all about them!
Take care!

I got em today with pipe cleaners! They look happy and soon to be on the move too. The northern Stank in left rear's going to be ready real soon so they need to be one way or another! :)

All this growing and these lights are purring along at only 50%! @ViparSpectra did a good thing in these babies! I can't wait to tell you all about them!
Take care!
Wow’s! That’s really impressive @ only 50%. @StoneOtter + @ViparSpectra can grow some awesome weed. CL🍀. :thumb: :welldone::bravo::popcorn:

Highya SO,

Amazing how different two of the ladies are from the other two! Must be genetics. So great that the lights will accomodate the phenomenon. They all look healthy and enjoying the light! Happy Smokin'

Back
Top Bottom