Newish to growing

Serenegreen

420 Member
Hello everyone I'm getting ready to do my third grow the first 2 I just put some autoflower seeds in dirt and harvested three months later. I have a few years experience with house plants. I'm kind of a hands off plant mom I like looking more than fiddling with them but growing my own smoke I didn't get the yield that I would like to get and it could be a lot more dense. I'm here to learn new information and improve my growing skills.

Welcome to the forum! Give us a rundown of your soil choice, lights, general set-up and we can give you some tips to increase your yield. Good to hear you have experience with houseplants, every little bit of knowledge helps! I like you am a kind of "set it, and forget it" type grower. A first tip, autoflowers are probably not the best choice for a newish grower, they can be a bit finnicky, and if they don't get a good start it's hard to recover.

Welcome @Serenegreen ,
I hope you find everything that you're looking for here. There's lot's of good people here, so avail yourself of all the wisdom that's offered. It helps to ask your questions in the right places too. Look under "Grow Room" for good places to start.
Hope this helps... :smokin:

Welcome to 420 Magazine forums! You'll find lots of helpful information from friendly people.

Autos will fit in nicely with your "hands off" philosophy. It's one less thing to worry about. Seeds in the ground and let her rip! My first 6 plants were autos and I thought they were easy even if I didn't get the highest of yields. I'm currently growing photos but that's because I got the seeds for free. Haven't had a harvest yet so I can't compare the yield to the autos. There are people here that get yields from their autos that approach that of some photos. Even if you don't get great yields but like the bud, then just grow more plants! Ok, oversimplified.

Welcome to 420 Magazine forums! You'll find lots of helpful information from friendly people.

Autos will fit in nicely with your "hands off" philosophy. It's one less thing to worry about. Seeds in the ground and let her rip! My first 6 plants were autos and I thought they were easy even if I didn't get the highest of yields. I'm currently growing photos but that's because I got the seeds for free. Haven't had a harvest yet so I can't compare the yield to the autos. There are people here that get yields from their autos that approach that of some photos. Even if you don't get great yields but like the bud, then just grow more plants! Ok, oversimplified.
Don't get me wrong, I grow runs of autos and photos, and I average about 4-6 oz. dried and cured, from each auto, a bit more from photos (because I control the size at flip).

sounds like you've already had some success. make sure to start a journal when you can so folk can follow along and help if you need. :)

Hello everyone I'm getting ready to do my third grow the first 2 I just put some autoflower seeds in dirt and harvested three months later. I have a few years experience with house plants. I'm kind of a hands off plant mom I like looking more than fiddling with them but growing my own smoke I didn't get the yield that I would like to get and it could be a lot more dense. I'm here to learn new information and improve my growing skills.
Your in the right place. :thumb:
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome:
Are you thinking of growing Photoperiods this summer?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Serenegreen

I take it you enjoy growing in soil?
Do you have any images you would like to share?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Back
Top Bottom