Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #3 5x5 - Dissertation Grow

Ok 18-20 days at sea plus stops avwraged at 0.75 days per stop. Say 6 stops 4.5 days. Call it 21 days. (It helps having a shipping company as a client!)

So 14 days from today to Bangers then a quick 7 days to clear customs and get to me. 8th November 😅

I’ll grow this journal to a finish in the new tent but I can’t wait that long to get started. PM’s don’t work to Canuk @Teddy Edwards can you get a message to them? I’ll pay it saves me waiting around for 3 weeks.

Nick

The tracking has now disappeared from Thai Post. Not found anymore. Still on Canada Post though. Meh.

But Teddy helped me send a message to Canuk to see what they say. I found pretty much every seed company locally here but Canuk which was annoying - if coulda bought them here I woulda!

The journal has started, I’ll finish it. The equipment is all already/nearly here. I’ll grow it out to finish whatever the seeds end up being.

Its on this boat litoral(y). They schlep across the Pacific then work the coastal (litoral) routes round SE Asia Shanghai, HK, all over. South China Sea through to the Malacca Strait. Historically the most pirate infested waters in history.

I’m reading this at the moment very good - I’ve read a lot of shipping books!

IMG_7070.jpeg

Plan B for this tent/journal

59be6bf9-81ed-4e1f-b353-773fb0442c1a.jpeg

Two of each Indica Hybrid and Sativa Hybrid.

The @Canuk Seeds I have another plan - we have a 4x8 with two Mars Hydro FCE4800 lights in. Its under utilised right now for clones we’re not going to use really. (We’ll move the ones we might keep to the 4x4 I just finished with under a little NONAME 320w we have)

The 4x8 will be great for the regs. Pop all 25 and when we sex them we’ll up pot and do 12 or so in the same pots as this grow. All I’ll need is some similar pallets and trays as I got before. Irrigation is there. Going to order the above seeds later if it still makes sense to me.

Right the name of this journal is slightly changing. I’m not gonna grow Canuk here - but look out for yet another fucking thread from me 😂 for them. For a guy that’s said he’s quitting posting for sure its an odd way of going about it 😆

“Viva Voce” - it will be. Not started it yet - but guess what you get the meaning of the word, its a clue - it involves 18 solo cups, a light tbc, a 4x4 and 25 banner x gorilla reg seeds.

I’m a man of my word. I’ll do that grow. Free seeds are free seeds, right? Also c’mon those two strains? Its like my ultimate mashup. Maybe cross ‘em with some OG and that’s legend.

Anyway this is gonna be 4 strains from Barneys in a 5x5 Co2 and jus the prettiest big solos you ever did see even if I do daaare say soo myself

Not as pretty as my new light, lady…

IMG_7137.jpeg
IMG_7138.jpeg
IMG_7139.jpeg

IMG_7140.jpeg

Its banging. Our FC6500’s feel on hand way better than any other light I’ve touched. This is a step up so far - less flex in the frame.

The driver is seriously heavy but as they have told me most of it is for heat dissipation - not so much in tents but their typical buyer is 50+ units. Even on the walls away from the plants 50 of them will warm your cockles!

MOQ for choosing your own colour is 20 units. Good job I love the standard purple with orange flashes then, innit?

😂

We got UV, 4200k and 3500k dimmers twisty knobs. Plus near and far reds.

Tent and new mars hydro thermostatic fan hopefully tomorrow but final trim for another grow the. and the new seeds need to come and physically shifting tents, eradicating a persistent white fly problem - pop on Thursday.

Boom.

IMG_7137.jpeg
IMG_7138.jpeg
IMG_7139.jpeg

IMG_7140.jpeg

Its banging. Our FC6500’s feel on hand way better than any other light I’ve touched. This is a step up so far - less flex in the frame.

The driver is seriously heavy but as they have told me most of it is for heat dissipation - not so much in tents but their typical buyer is 50+ units. Even on the walls away from the plants 50 of them will warm your cockles!

MOQ for choosing your own colour is 20 units. Good job I love the standard purple with orange flashes then, innit?

😂

We got UV, 4500k and 3000k dimmers twisty knobs. Plus near and far reds.

Tent and new mars hydro thermostatic fan hopefully tomorrow but final trim for another grow the. and the new seeds need to come and physically shifting tents, eradicating a persistent white fly problem - pop on Thursday.

Boom.
Looks mint hopefully it doesn't glow in the off position 🤣🤣

IMG_7137.jpeg
IMG_7138.jpeg
IMG_7139.jpeg

IMG_7140.jpeg

😂

We got UV, 4500k and 3000k dimmers twisty knobs. Plus near and far reds.

Boom.
Wow!!!! That’s a big one for a 4x4. Nice pickup! Loving the tri-dimmer with UV dimmer! (Careful with that UV Eugene). Get it? Pink Floyd joke. Wowee I’m jealous. I wanna my new light yesterday! How many watts is that puppy and what’s the max actual wattage draw? Super sweet @NickHardy .

1000w true.

Its going in a 5x5. They're more a B2B manufacturer. Like - a really big one.

There’s lots to love - “top bin Samsung LM301h” uh I wrote that - now its on your website! 🤣

The colours are my cup of char but also I was born in 1978 which is fun and stuff!

Met the whole team from the company a couple of times and seeing them again at the Hemp Expo in Bangkok next month.

It wasn’t free! They gave me true wholesale price - as if I’d ordered twenty plus. Still just north of a monkey in USD.

One thing strikes me - they don’t space the diodes out to the edge for spread like Mars do , its a more high volume commercial design - why would you spread the light out when you have other lights all around for a 50 light grow. But with the gas and a 5x5 - my light broheme @Jon - yeah bro. I’m super excited.

UV I’m a bit dubious of but yeah lets see.

i think @Wastei has a 1988? Or an older one?

Really solid build and Mars Hydro aint too shabby either!

1000w true.

There’s lots to love - “top bin Samsung LM301h” uh I wrote that - now its on your website! 🤣

The colours are my cup of char but also I was born in 1978 which is fun and stuff!

Met the whole team from the company a couple of times and seeing them again at the Hemp Expo in Bangkok next month.

It wasn’t free! They gave me true wholesale price - as if I’d ordered twenty plus. Still just north of a monkey in USD.

One thing strikes me - they don’t space the diodes out to the edge for spread like Mars do , its a more high volume commercial design - why would you spread the light out when you have other lights all around for a 50 light grow. But with the gas and a 5x5 - my light broheme @Jon - yeah bro. I’m super excited.

How much is a monkey?

1000w true.

A8 650w SAMSUNG LM301H Mixing OSRAM 660NM Full Spectrum Grow Light Bar

I got 2x A8 650w. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom