OMM's Social Network Grow

It was a good choice and shows your character, good for you. Yeah, the heat wave is still going on, we get a break for a few days of being in the 80's but by the end of next week another heat wave. I do have an ac but I am trying to get my electric bill caught up before using it. But I am thinking about getting some more fans. The plants seem to be loving it.

Hi Queen! :love:

Thanks, I didn't want any part of that.....I don't mess with friends relationships.

Sorry the heat wave is coming back. I hearing ya on paying the light bill. I remember my big one. Ugh!

I bet your girls are loving it. I'd buy a fan or two too! A good cool shower would help too! :Rasta:

Hey Bro Thanks great only a month behind, were usually later that we think.

A small gathering of friends if nothing else should be there for the event. 41 weeks is long time. I'm certainly glad I'm here to witness the start of this momentous grow. Hail to jandre! WhoRa.:ganjamon:

HOO-ra! 41 weeks, seemed kind of short to test a perpetual SOG in this box... LOL! I guess that's the analytical mind for ya, huh?

I'm glad you're along for the ride, my friend. I was actually thinking of you when I formulated the plan. I remember a while back you were talked out of an SOG because of the workload, so I decided to run this test for two reasons. 1) find the best method of growing for this box, and 2) find out how much work an SOG really is.

I really have seen no difference in the workload. Yes there are a lot more plants, but in an SOG, they're so much smaller. For me at least, it's actually EASIER than trying to work around one large plant, than to open the doors of my grow box and peruse the entire canopy at once and look for any problems. Yellowed/dying leaves seem to stand out against the (haha) sea of green that I'm presented with when the doors open.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but maybe you should try an Ebb&Flow for an SOG. I never did figure out what "The Matterhorn" is, but hey... It might be easier than whatever that is.

hey jandre, you have much more grass the I do. and patients! may I say that your grow is everything that I hope you want and everything I hope it will be:goodluck:

Well, on the "more grass" part, yes, and no. Yes there are more plants, but they're smaller than a normal plant. They're being flipped at 11" and will probably not stretch much due to the GLR I had them on. The Seedlings might stretch a bit more until they are mature enough to flower, but they have had a month to grow, and some of them got topped. We'll see how much grass we get, out of it, huh?

I think that it take no more patience than any other grow. Diligence, maybe, trying to keep the canopy level, but not really any more work intensive than a Scrog or LST.

Thanks for the well-wishes, brother!

HOO-ra! 41 weeks, seemed kind of short to test a perpetual SOG in this box... LOL! I guess that's the analytical mind for ya, huh? You got it jandre!

I'm glad you're along for the ride, my friend. I was actually thinking of you when I formulated the plan. I remember a while back you were talked out of an SOG because of the workload, so I decided to run this test for two reasons. 1) find the best method of growing for this box, and 2) find out how much work an SOG really is.

This will surly tell you the answer to both questions

I really have seen no difference in the workload. Yes there are a lot more plants, but in an SOG, they're so much smaller. For me at least, it's actually EASIER than trying to work around one large plant, than to open the doors of my grow box and peruse the entire canopy at once and look for any problems. Yellowed/dying leaves seem to stand out against the (haha) sea of green that I'm presented with when the doors open.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but maybe you should try an Ebb&Flow for an SOG. I never did figure out what "The Matterhorn" is, but hey... It might be easier than whatever that is.

The Matterhorn is my tent! Called it that because it's so big! 5.5x 10 x 6.6.

Well, on the "more grass" part, yes, and no. Yes there are more plants, but they're smaller than a normal plant. They're being flipped at 11" and will probably not stretch much due to the GLR I had them on. The Seedlings might stretch a bit more until they are mature enough to flower, but they have had a month to grow, and some of them got topped. We'll see how much grass we get, out of it, huh?

Good luck with the stretch.......you never really know what they will do.....hopefully they will all be the same size.

I think that it take no more patience than any other grow. Diligence, maybe, trying to keep the canopy level, but not really any more work intensive than a Scrog or LST.

Thanks for the well-wishes, brother![/QUOTE

Always my Friend :Namaste:

The Story Continues...........................................OE......Communications Workshop

Lea and I were tasked to do a series of communications workshops for new Warrant Officers and 2nd Lieutenants.

We called it "Welcome to the Army".

We took most of what we had learned about group processes and changed it to fit our situation.

The group was made up of Lea, myself and usually a First Sergeant or a Sergeant Major.
This would give more credence when talking to the young Warrant Officers and 2nd Lieutenants.

We usually gave them problems to solve, as I described when we were in training.

We started with Group Processes, to let then know how a typical group defined what role each person would play in the group. The groups as you know defined what part each person played. We really had a hard time with one young 2nd Lieutenant. That had just graduated form West Point. He honestly didn't see people as people, but robots that just followed him and did what he said. Nothing else.

When we got to the game that was supposed to end in a win-win situation, he just went nuts. He had to win at all costs, so what if he killed everyone in the process. As usual we divided the group into 2 groups. We told them to choose a negotiator for each group and that was all. We let them think that over for while. The group that this west pointer was in had a big discussion about this, but he would have no part of that. He had to be the negotiator and that was that. They let him be the negotiator..
After letting them stew for about 20 minutes. We called for the negotiators to come out. We put the two of them in a room and let them talk. The 2ndLT would only accept a complete capitulation of the other group. Period.

We gave them two more negotiations. Same results. So we called them all back into a big group and talked it over. When we told them that they were supposed to end up in a win win.
The 2ndLT went nuts again.

So we gave him a different scenario.

He was in Viet Nam and he was given the task to take a hill that was certain death to his men.. He said he would send them to certain death. That is when the Sergeant Major said that his own men would frag him. That is they would kill him. His own men!. Believe me this happened many times in combat.. Would you go to certain death? Hell no!

With this he said he had had enough of this shit and left. About 30 minutes later we got a call from his commander. Who else but Col. Ord.!
Col. Ord said "What did you do to my Lieutenant ?"

I explained and the Col started laughing and told me he was a problem there too. He said Sgt. I will take care of him and laughed..

We continued on and at the end everyone agreed that they loved the class and would put everything they had learned would be put to good use and thanked us.

Lea and I did many of there workshops. People started volunteering instead of being asked to attend. I'll come back to these workshops later, we were asked to do these Workshops for some very special people.

Too Be Continued...................................................................................................More PWP.. .

LOL!

That 2Lt. sounded like an idiot, "YOU! Go die! That's an order, soldier!" Then he turns around to walk off and gets a rifle butt in the back of the head and a bullet in his chest when he comes to. People like that should NEVER be in a position of leadership... Sacrificing others lives without a second thought just to take a fucking hill that you're gonna lose within the week. Lunacy...

LOL!

That 2Lt. sounded like an idiot, "YOU! Go die! That's an order, soldier!" Then he turns around to walk off and gets a rifle butt in the back of the head and a bullet in his chest when he comes to. People like that should NEVER be in a position of leadership... Sacrificing others lives without a second thought just to take a fucking hill that you're gonna lose within the week. Lunacy...

Unfortunately West Point puts out allot of these type men and women. Can you say "They over do it!" :smokin::smokin:

Unfortunately West Point puts out allot of these type men and women. Can you say "They over do it!"

Sometimes you need people that will do the job, no matter what the cost... and we trained for that day

Sometimes you need people that will do the job, no matter what the cost... and we trained for that day

True, but there has to be a BRAIN to back the orders followed to tell if this is that day or not. If your entire team is sacrificed trying to achieve an objective, and you still failed in your objective, were you successful simply because you followed orders and got your team killed?

While it is true that is the officer's job to make those tough calls, it should not be done so without the consideration of losses vs. gains if the objective is achieved. Acceptable casualties, is never acceptable, IMHO. How would you like to be ordered to do something with no hope of accomplishing your mission? Would YOU just run out and take the bullet you knew was headed your way as soon as you showed your head on a mission that was impossible to complete?

I know you can't answer that, not being in the situation, but I would think that you'd have a better head on your shoulders than to just march right on up there and get it blown off.

"I want you to know that your son died for a good cause... We thought that if we threw enough men at them eventually they'd run out of ammunition and then we could just watz up and take the place."

While I agree that to give your life in the line of duty is honorable, if there was no point to your death, that honor is tainted by the bad decision of an officer.

Back
Top Bottom