Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

Sorry to hear that, Stunger. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Thanks Emeraldo. I am on the mend now, still got discomfort in my shoulder and I am having to take pain killers in order to sleep. Bloody annoying but hopefully everything comes right before too long.

Ouch, sorry to hear that, @Stunger . Perhaps you should make some edibles? It makes for some awesome medicine. I'm just about to try eating some GGA I just cooked in the oven.

Cheers Nick, it is on the mend now thankfully. Bloody annoying tho. I have very kindly been sent some 'oil' by a wonderful poster here which is still stuck with the couriers and I am looking forward to using when it arrives.

Mate! I’ve hated shingles every time I’ve had them. That’s the pits :eek:
I’ve got an almond oil topical you can try if you’d like? PM your address if you want to give it a go. I promise I’ll look away while I write it on an envelope.
(Edit. In case I undersold it. It’s a canna topical, made with the hulklato rosin. It works a treat for muscular and joint pain. Rubbed in the base of the neck as an anxiolytic it’s quite good. I think it would work on a neuralgia. I can go by the couriers tomorrow afternoon. You’d have it by the end of the week. Don’t say no all it once. Text me tomorrow if you want.
:green_heart:

Thanks heaps for that to @DonkeyDick. I don't know how much it is related as the courier sat on it for a week before it got here yesterday and my shoulder had been on the mend over that time, but last night was the first night without any pain killers.

I first tried it during the day yesterday, putting it on the side of my neck and shoulder. After a while I felt the shoulder seemed quite good, so much so that the other untreated/good shoulder felt odd and left out. Then I became aware of the back of neck being quite tight and how sore it was. I actually thought, 'you silly bastard why didn't you put it there where the pain was in the first place', and I went and did so, and found within a minute it had just gone, all fine, it went so quickly it had me questioning if it was ever there. I feel I could happily sit in a nice warm oil tub of this stuff!

That's the first time I have ever tried a topical. My wife gets some lower spine pain quite bad sometimes which she's had lots of tests tell her nothing except maybe arthritis, so I will try it on her when she next has a bout. And my brother's had some nerve issue in his hip which will be interesting how it works for that.

Using a press to make rosin seems to almost get close to a concentrated tincture type result that one would need high strength alcohol to make which we don't easily get here in NZ. I feel I'd need to grow indoor to justify a press, as at least then you can pretty much be continually harvesting all year around, and the press wouldn't go rusty waiting for next year's grow to come around for use again.
Anyway good stuff, I love it! :thumb: :thanks:

Thanks heaps for that to @DonkeyDick. I don't know how much it is related as the courier sat on it for a week before it got here yesterday and my shoulder had been on the mend over that time, but last night was the first night without any pain killers.

I first tried it during the day yesterday, putting it on the side of my neck and shoulder. After a while I felt the shoulder seemed quite good, so much so that the other untreated/good shoulder felt odd and left out. Then I became aware of the back of neck being quite tight and how sore it was. I actually thought, 'you silly bastard why didn't you put it there where the pain was in the first place', and I went and did so, and found within a minute it had just gone, all fine, it went so quickly it had me questioning if it was ever there. I feel I could happily sit in a nice warm oil tub of this stuff!

That's the first time I have ever tried a topical. My wife gets some lower spine pain quite bad sometimes which she's had lots of tests tell her nothing except maybe arthritis, so I will try it on her when she next has a bout. And my brother's had some nerve issue in his hip which will be interesting how it works for that.

Using a press to make rosin seems to almost get close to a concentrated tincture type result that one would need high strength alcohol to make which we don't easily get here in NZ. I feel I'd need to grow indoor to justify a press, as at least then you can pretty much be continually harvesting all year around, and the press wouldn't go rusty waiting for next year's grow to come around for use again.
Anyway good stuff, I love it! :thumb: :thanks:

:bravo::cheer:

it went so quickly it had me questioning if it was ever there.
:love: :green_heart:
That is terrific, mate! Exactly why I sent it. I couldn’t believe it either!
I’d send rosin, but not so happy that the courier package had been tampered with. I thought that weird.
I’m happy to send more when I have made it. Stoked that you immediately want other people to try it even though you find it a bit good yourself. I was the same :high-five:
Shingles sucks. Happy to play a part in any losing battle it fights.

BTW
Using a press to make rosin seems to almost get close to a concentrated tincture type result that one would need high strength alcohol to make which we don't easily get here in NZ.
I’m happy with both the potency and the purity of rosin.
I’ve been striving for the best solventless extract I can make and with a little R&D it seems to be getting somewhere, no?
Glad to have that confirmed somewhat objectively. :thanks:
I did look into a dodgy supply of the right alcohol through industry contacts, but pulled up on that because I couldn’t find a recipe/method for extraction that didn’t leave a residue.
I must have made myself allergic or something (perseverance is key, folks!) - the slightest amount and organs just stop working. Huh :rolleyes: So I don’t want my meds becoming ‘home goals’, I don’t want a drop of distress anywhere near them.
Even the alcohol in the sativex curls my toes. Knowing I can make useful meds makes me easier about having to discontinue it (pharmac is making a $mall killing).
I feel I'd need to grow indoor to justify a press,
I haven’t tried this, but I understand there is some frustrating fun to be had with a g-clamp and a hair straightener. Wrap a bud in baking paper, squeeze it hot for five minutes, then use a sharp knife to collect anything glistening or gooey. For science.
(Aluminium chassis, anodised platen, high tensile chrome bar... there is not a lot to rust ;) )

BTW

I’m happy with both the potency and the purity of rosin.
I’ve been striving for the best solventless extract I can make and with a little R&D it seems to be getting somewhere, no?
Glad to have that confirmed somewhat objectively. :thanks:
I did look into a dodgy supply of the right alcohol through industry contacts, but pulled up on that because I couldn’t find a recipe/method for extraction that didn’t leave a residue.
I must have made myself allergic or something (perseverance is key, folks!) - the slightest amount and organs just stop working. Huh :rolleyes: So I don’t want my meds becoming ‘home goals’, I don’t want a drop of distress anywhere near them.
Even the alcohol in the sativex curls my toes. Knowing I can make useful meds makes me easier about having to discontinue it (pharmac is making a $mall killing).

I haven’t tried this, but I understand there is some frustrating fun to be had with a g-clamp and a hair straightener. Wrap a bud in baking paper, squeeze it hot for five minutes, then use a sharp knife to collect anything glistening or gooey. For science.
(Aluminium chassis, anodised platen, high tensile chrome bar... there is not a lot to rust ;) )

A g-clamp and a hair straightener you say.... interesting :p

A g-clamp and a hair straightener you say.... interesting :p
It seems you can squeeze out some goodness from such a method but for efficiency a proper press I gather is the way to go. Of course if one had a whole paddock of buds then who would care about efficiency. I'd probably be more tempted if there was a range of presses on sale here in NZ. It pisses me off having toss a coin for whether or not Customs will rip you off and confiscate your paid for goods when they come into the country.

It seems you can squeeze out some goodness from such a method but for efficiency a proper press I gather is the way to go. Of course if one had a whole paddock of buds then who would care about efficiency. I'd probably be more tempted if there was a range of presses on sale here in NZ. It pisses me off having toss a coin for whether or not Customs will rip you off and confiscate your paid for goods when they come into the country.

Bloody customs! I blame them for my elevated blood pressure while waiting for my lights.. Still recovering

:lot-o-toke::rofl:

Hey DD, is there are "how to" recipe for that stuff you sent Stunger?
Yes! Sorry it took a while to get back. It’s been one of those days really.

I went and found this from when I made it:
Microbatching a trial brew.
1g Hulklato rosin
13ml sweet almond oil
2ml liquid lecithin

The rosin was decarbed before the oil and lecithin were added. Decarb details and photos here.

I made 15ml because that was the size of the bottle.

I’m still green when it comes to experience with rosin. I have made two kinds. The one I have more experience with is workable at room temperature. The difference with the rosin I used for this is that it was as hard as glass at room temperature. I think this means for this recipe that we use the highest THC rosin available, basically.

I’ll be making the same amount with my other rosin in a week or so - so I can compare my more pedestrian rosin in the topical.
Incidentally, I’ve been corrected in my nomenclature. Stunger’s topical is called liquid ‘lato (liquid light was so named for Candida, which is light in Latin. I’ll be making some of that in a couple or few months).

Cheers
:yummy::cool:

nice grow fellow NZ grower...... Im 3rd week into a ten plant indoor grow.... winter weather outside so insides the only option.... I'm actually on legal cannabis oil drops (Tilray thc/cbd 10/10) as well from chemist as i broke my neck in a trampoline accident a few years ago... ... it definitely helps but need buds as well for neuro pain etc.. the power of this plant is fantastic!! hope your pain subsides.. have you brought seeds in successfully from overseas?

Yes but it is hit and miss, more misses than hits unfortunately, I hope that changes with the coming Referendum - almost too much to hope for. People in countries where they have dispensaries to walk in and select stuff and apparently get concentrates at 80% - 90% THC which sounds great for couple of drops under the tongue. I guess your Tilray stuff is maybe more middle of the road maybe?

The Tilray is pretty good but nothing like real concentrates and some nice quality buds... lets hope this year things change for the better then theres no need to hide... was thinking about ordering some seeds from weedseedexpress.... prices look good. dont know if they'll arrive tho

i saw their website too and they have some good looking strains and really good informative write ups. I am also interested in what some of the highly spoken of breeder strains are like which I was following the discussion of in @Buds Buddy thread Is there a way to increase potency ?

Yes! Sorry it took a while to get back. It’s been one of those days really.

I went and found this from when I made it:
Microbatching a trial brew.
1g Hulklato rosin
13ml sweet almond oil
2ml liquid lecithin

The rosin was decarbed before the oil and lecithin were added. Decarb details and photos here.

I made 15ml because that was the size of the bottle.

I’m still green when it comes to experience with rosin. I have made two kinds. The one I have more experience with is workable at room temperature. The difference with the rosin I used for this is that it was as hard as glass at room temperature. I think this means for this recipe that we use the highest THC rosin available, basically.

I’ll be making the same amount with my other rosin in a week or so - so I can compare my more pedestrian rosin in the topical.
Incidentally, I’ve been corrected in my nomenclature. Stunger’s topical is called liquid ‘lato (liquid light was so named for Candida, which is light in Latin. I’ll be making some of that in a couple or few months).

Cheers
:yummy::cool:

DD, thanks for the detailed response. I could learn so much from doing that, I haven't a clue as to how to make rosin, though I do smear some on my bass bow now and then. Hard as glass to imagine. It's a real concentrate, isn't it?

Stunger, I imagine you are regularly taking a toke and getting a detailed impression of the effect of the weed from your 2020 stealth grow. Any new impressions there? How is the Gorilla Glue Auto? Worth growing? The last I heard from you, the aroma was somehow not to your liking. What do you think of GGA now?

Stunger, I imagine you are regularly taking a toke and getting a detailed impression of the effect of the weed from your 2020 stealth grow. Any new impressions there? How is the Gorilla Glue Auto? Worth growing? The last I heard from you, the aroma was somehow not to your liking. What do you think of GGA now?
I'll start will the aroma, it was very evident during the grow that it's smell was different from the other plants, a diesel/fuel/chemically smell, which I assume is natural to the plant, I have seen other strains also described similar. After drying and curing the smell has matured somewhat and I have to say I rather like it. It is a bit like opening an old wooden box and smelling the smell of old leather, when fresh it was something like Laphroaig whiskey which is a very peaty whiskey and folks either love it or hate it, There is a nice familiarity to the smell now, I like it, altho it's scent still hangs in the air and alerts the disapproval of my wife when it is given an airing. It is one of my current 3 varieties, which isn't much of a choice so I am glad I have it because it is easy to feel a tolerance when limited to smoking/vaping one strain.

In strength the WW feels like the strongest of the 3, it was described as good for 'lift off'. Next is the WG and still the day time favorite giving a lovely enhanced lifted feeling while interactions with others are surprisingly clear and easy. The GGa is a warm safe relaxing high, and some who have tried the 3 have a preference for the GGa.

I can see the value of having a variety to select from. I imagine having the choice of even more varieties to choose from would be better to avoid the sense of tolerance developing, like having a choice of different strains good for day time, and several for evening times. Of course with CDB and terpene awareness these days, having some good medical strains would be good too.

I now wonder if I could have given the GGa a better soil during it's grow, as I germinated the seed straight into the only pot I had available from which I had just chopped a 3.5 month old male. I had wondered whether the soil still contained sufficient nourishment, however the GGa appeared to grow well, but next time I'd be interested to grow one in a properly pre-amended container. That was my first auto so I didn't really know what to expect.

I now have a good reserve of jarred bud from the harvest of those 3 plants so I probably wont grow any of them in my next grow which I will kick off in September. I have 3 new strains on hand that I haven't grown before which I will try (Gold Leaf, Chronic Widow & Californian Dream), and at least all going well that will bring my jarred selection up to 6 strains!

Back
Top Bottom