PCaddict's 1st Grow Journal

PC, My thoughts on where to put that new light. It should be placed as high up as you can mount it...all the way. Run it parallel to your fan/filter. Right up there. Put all the cobs up there too,..as high as possible. Take advantage of as much height as , is possible. You can always raise and lower the plants as u wish. I know to some this may seem improper , but trust me, it's the way to fly. Never adjust or play with my lights. They always remain as high up as i can safely run them.
Also , about your filter's pre filter. It should not need to be replaced for months yet. U will find they stay ok for two crops , then replace it. Best not to clean these. Their effectiveness drops considerably after washing. Most commercial grade air handler filter mat'l. works peachy. Should be able to find it somewhere on the web,...sakes. :passitleft:

How are the big girls liking life.....:surf:
Ok, what’s the difference in raising/lowering lights vs plants?

Hey Fudo, evenin to ya,.. :passitleft:.. If you put the lights as high as possible the plants will grow into them, without having to always be messin with them. For plants in #1's or are smaller, just set them on a box or sumpin till their ready for transplanting into their 'finals' . I used to always be fussin with them too, but looking how pro's do it and larger nursery's, i've chosen this way. It's much safer, get them up as high as possible,...your gonna put them up there anyhow, so...:passitleft:Try it once ....cheers man...:high-five:

Hey Fudo, evenin to ya,.. :passitleft:.. If you put the lights as high as possible the plants will grow into them, without having to always be messin with them. For plants in #1's or are smaller, just set them on a box or sumpin till their ready for transplanting into their 'finals' . I used to always be fussin with them too, but looking how pro's do it and larger nursery's, i've chosen this way. It's much safer, get them up as high as possible,...your gonna put them up there anyhow, so...:passitleft:Try it once ....cheers man...:high-five:
Good evening Duggan, forgive me I’m new but are Pc’s cobs close enough to matter? I just got a meter and had to lower mine to 12” at 60% to get around 475-500 ppfd. Not sure what his cob specs are but just looks far away especially for his big ones. Thinking out loud.

Ya mon, no worriez. The idea is to make sure all the lights 'hit' all the plants , all the time. I have found , over the yrs. this produces the fattest buds and colas cuz they get the 'footprint' of more than one light source. Placing the lights up high allows a grower to move the plants around and care/cultivate without lights being in the way. I'm encouraging PC to hang a 'main light' in the center and fill the corners and outsides with the COBS. This is the most effective way to light up his tent. Would be nice in that 5X5 to see 3 of those Budgets in there,..but , but .Big dollars,..i totally get it. :passitleft:

Ya mon, no worriez. The idea is to make sure all the lights 'hit' all the plants , all the time. I have found , over the yrs. this produces the fattest buds and colas cuz they get the 'footprint' of more than one light source. Placing the lights up high allows a grower to move the plants around and care/cultivate without lights being in the way. I'm encouraging PC to hang a 'main light' in the center and fill the corners and outsides with the COBS. This is the most effective way to light up his tent. Would be nice in that 5X5 to see 3 of those Budgets in there,..but , but .Big dollars,..i totally get it. :passitleft:
PC and me have about the same set up. I think we’ll be seeing a budget where that Mars is next grow. Can’t wait till you guys flip em.
21BA004B-863E-4DF5-9107-9BED960C4196.jpeg

PC and me have about the same set up. I think we’ll be seeing a budget where that Mars is next grow. Can’t wait till you guys flip em.
21BA004B-863E-4DF5-9107-9BED960C4196.jpeg
Nice set up Fudo you have more COBs then I do If you get a @Budget LED you will Love it. They have the Best Costumer service I have Ever had and I have dealt with A Lot of costumer service reps on electronics Hence the name PCaddict. Send Justin a PM and he will help you get the best light for your set up. I think with one of their lights along with your COBs would be Killer. This is the specs of my COBs
  • Actual Power: 120W+/-5%@100--277V
  • Coverage:Veg:2.5’x2.5’(75x75cm); Bloom:2’x2’(60x60cm)
  • Compared to HPS/MH/HID:180W
  • Average Yields: 1.2g/w
  • Average Yields: 1g/W

This is a link to the light I got

I am going to put back all the pennies I can and maybe get another Budget Led light like I got in the future , It couldn't hurt. Well as long as I have another outlet on another breaker. I think with 4 120watt COBs and that 350watt Budget LED light it would be too much for a single 15 or 20 amp breaker not to mention that I have no idea what gage wire is running to that outlet. I will have to find out if the other outlet in the room is on a different breaker before I actually buy another light down the road. The lights I have now are pulling 830 watts as is on 1 outlet so I don't think I want to push it any harder

Yes...me too. PC's are ready anytime to bloom. Just waitin a few more days for the smaller two .
Your set up looks nice and proper Fudo....wat strains.. :passitleft:
I am in no rush to flip them, I am looking forward to it but I do want those two small ones to catch up a little more first. The one is a little bush with Wide leaves and the other is like a little pine tree with thinner leaves. The other Gold Leaf I have that is one of the big ones was different then either of the small ones it was kind of in the middle of those smaller two so I am pretty sure they are 3 different Phenos which makes me super excited.

I have been a good boy and so far I have only taken 2 caps a day. I didn't have any tonight and I am up late the wife zonked out on me at 8:00 so I turned off Netflix so she could sleep and I got on the computer to cruse through the forums. We are watching a good show about this crazy ass guy that ends up killing all his girlfriends its called YOU If you like those kind of shows this is a Must see. Anyway I think I will smoke a bowl of some Wedding Cake before I climb back in bed I am really wound up tonight so I need a little help falling asleep after about an hour that stuff starts making me tired so it should help
:surf:

Back
Top Bottom