PeeJay's Neophyte Breeding Adventure

Impressive PeeJay. Quite a bevy of beauties. I'm most impressed at how you've kept them thriving through the heat while you were elsewhere. Not just alive, but thriving.

Yesterday when I updated I had to shut down the lights in the indoor tent because I wasn't up at lights on (5:00 a.m.) Because I shut off the lights to take the pictures I was in a hurry and don't feel like I did what is going on in there justice. Today I was up before the lights came on so I decided to open up the tent and just sort of thrust the phone in there and take some pictures from various angles - couldn't even see what I was taking pictures of before I hit the shutter... It's packed in there and these girls look really good for being halfway or less through the flower cycle. They are looking like they aren't quite awake yet and neither was I when I took the pictures.

20150810_062412.jpg

20150810_062433.jpg

20150810_062444.jpg

20150810_062455.jpg

20150810_062515.jpg

20150810_062527.jpg

20150810_062551.jpg

20150810_062625.jpg

20150810_062649.jpg

20150810_062711.jpg

A blind update worked out good but.........how could you miss. :adore:

Canna, I used the flash and low light detection was on. There is significant leaf yellowing and drop in the understory. The canopy is so dense that things down low get almost no light so the plants dispose of the useless foliage but, apparently, not before sucking out anything useful the growth has to offer.

Both the tent and greenhouse girls got the same training treatment. If you go back in the journal you can find pictures of them all in the second week in June. Since then they have been topped quite aggressively until about the first week in July. Then I started super cropping - pinching and bending stems and I was quite rough about it. if I had let them go straight up the would be 8 feet tall at least. I've said it before, but I think that LST is a misnomer. Topping does not even slow down a healthy plant and is a valuable tool. Next run in the tent will be smaller plants and I'll do the same thing. I might do some porta-scrogging, too..

Legs.jpg

Helen_top.jpg

helen_goes1212.jpg

scrogside.jpg

scrogtop.jpg

gm3.jpg

flush41.jpg

Or maybe just take a couple of tops and do some bending Graytail style..

ds1.jpg

ds2.jpg

P1020846.JPG

P1030001.jpg

So many options when it comes to plant management...

The greenhouse girls also have a canopy so dense that even high desert sun can't penetrate it.

20150810_101645.jpg

It ain't that pretty down low but who cares?

20150810_103431.jpg

Looking up from pot level.

20150810_103416.jpg

20150810_103440.jpg

Held the camera against the top of the green house and shot down. Of course you can only see a fraction of the canopy. Sage 'n Sour first, then the Darkstar.

20150810_103547.jpg

20150810_103600.jpg

Training is easy, really. I don't know why people thrash with it. Get in there and don't be afraid to manipulate your plants. You learn by doing not by reading a bazillion posts.

Beautiful as always... I got the seaweed stuff you told me about so now will you tell me how to use it when you have a spare minute please...:)....:circle-of-love:

Good lord, the 32 oz bottle? I have and 8 oz and think it will last me a couple more years.

Denise, you want to use it as a foliar spray. The instructions are for acreage mostly and can be quite confusing. What you want to do is mix it at a rate of 1 teaspoon per gallon or 1/4 teaspoon per quart and use it as a foliar maybe two or three times per flower cycle. It is not magic juice that will make your buds explode before your eyes but it is good stuff that will make your plants happy if you use is with a light hand.

I use this sort of sprayer for applying it.

20150811_134833.jpg

They are available easily at Lowes or similar for pretty cheap. You could also use an old, well washed 409 bottle or similar but the spray won't be as fine. Many of the High Brix Growers, who also deal with rather small quantities foliar solution, use an aerosol sprayer from Amazon that is intended for spraying cooking oil. Sue can give you the link to it if you want. You may already have some sort of sprayer around the property, I don't know.

Sea Com is good juice and you have a crap-ton of it. You have a ton of stuff to spray it on. Mix it at 5 ml per gallon (1 tsp) or 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) per half gallon with clean water. Put it in the sprayer and spray a fine mist on the target, mostly an the underside of the leaves. A half gallon is a ton in a sprayer, but you have a ton of Sea Com. There are three teaspoons in an ounce so you have 3 x 32 gallons of nice foliar there. If you have extra, spray it on on anything growing. Spray some on Fella's ears and watch out of control rouge hairs sprout out. Then go buy him one of those special tight-places grooming tools down to the Walmart...

Just once every three weeks or so. When you mix, err on the side of caution not excess. Give the targets a good misting but don't drench the crap out of them.

Hmm. Denise I guess the main thrust of what I'm saying is the ratios are hard to do in small amounts so mix bigger quantities so that the error ratio is smaller and use it on your plants a few times. The leftovers are pretty cheap and you can spray the leftovers on whatever you want to get a boost. It is not a matter of mixing what you want for one or two cannabis plants with the idea that, if you have extra, it goes down the drain. It will do no harm anywhere on your spectacular property but the special plants need some careful misting, underside of the leaf love. Does that make sense?

Love the training PJ.... Love the use of that wire for the screens,, I do that. I'd have a blast your greenhouse,, very nice work, love checking in here!

Pj I'm loving the way you're explaining amendments and their ratios in simple Laymen terms. The last few pages have been a brain unlocking learning experience.

Hmm. Denise I guess the main thrust of what I'm saying is the ratios are hard to do in small amounts so mix bigger quantities so that the error ratio is smaller and use it on your plants a few times. The leftovers are pretty cheap and you can spray the leftovers on whatever you want to get a boost. It is not a matter of mixing what you want for one or two cannabis plants with the idea that, if you have extra, it goes down the drain. It will do no harm anywhere on your spectacular property but the special plants need some careful misting, underside of the leaf love. Does that make sense?

Yes... yes it does... and thank you very much.... I had planned on using it on the roses and my outside gardens too.... I did know it was an enormous amount for this one use but to be honest... the way the shipping was done.... it would have cost me something like $3 less for the 8oz so I figured it was worth that even if all I used it for was my roses and stuff and figured the outside girls would really like it too....:)....:circle-of-love:

Breeders update:

The breeders are all between 33 and 35 days of breaking ground. Two of the Chitral are decidedly male including the pheno that is showing considerably more purpling than the others.

20150813_081809.jpg

20150813_081953.jpg

20150813_082118.jpg

The other two are looking more feminine but nothing conclusive yet.

20150813_082604.jpg

20150813_082617.jpg

I actually left two more of the Chitral in a shady spot outside the tent and kept them alive in the tiny pots of seedling soil. They are about half the size of the ones that got up canned 11 days ago. Anyway one is showing male and was terminated. The one that was not was up canned into 2 gallons of pj v2.01. I would like to have three females, one of which will be reversed to make female pollen. I will select one of the males for making regular seeds.

20150813_083212.jpg

20150813_083228.jpg

It is too soon to say anything definitive on the Panamas. These are growing more slowly than the Chitral. I was pretty certain Chitral would like my climate and that seems to be the case. Anyway, here are the four Panamas.

20150813_090023.jpg

20150813_090034.jpg

20150813_090046.jpg

20150813_090058.jpg

The two male Chitral have been removed from the greenhouse and been shipped off to an all boys school.

Just for fun, here's a picture of the Chitral that was left in the small pot of seedling soil in the shade sitting between the two unsexed Chitrals that got potted up. I grow in Bronze Standard soil evidently, but growth in it has been explosive to say the least.

20150813_104938.jpg

20150813_105004.jpg

PeeJay:

Oh just admit it. It's your journal.....you kilt them. :laugh:

Nice update. :)

No!!! I won't kill them until I collect their genetic goodies. I only killed the little one. The others are seriously away at boys school until I can collect their plant-spunk. Then they will be kilt. ;)

No!!! I won't kill them until I collect their genetic goodies. I only killed the little one. The others are seriously away at boys school until I can collect their plant-spunk. Then they will be kilt. ;)

Ahhhh....so they will be put to good use. I was thinking you were using a different plant for the genetics.

It's okay, the one you did away with can join the one I kilt yesterday wherever it is they go to.....

:laughtwo:

Naw, I want to cross up high-altitude landrace indicas with landracey stavias. The ~ 35 degree north true indicas like the Chirtal and Mazar-i-Sharif really crank here so I have the Chitral and DNA genetics Pure Afgan to mix with Panama and Bangi Haze. In a few years I hope to have an indica dominant Frankenstrain that kicks ass in the local environment. Panama x Chitral winners from this run will get crossed with Chitral again after a pheno search of the resulting seeds.

Back
Top Bottom