ProfessorFlora Presents: The Flowering Inferno

Here are some pics of that confectionery hash I was talking about @Grand Daddy Black. Chewy on the outside, gooey on the inside....
DSC06261.JPG
DSC06262.JPG

Also in some other sideline news. I have just finished filling up my second tub of AVB (already vaped bud)....
DSC06263.JPG
DSC06264.JPG

The first tub was used to make some butter with in the slow cooker. I then made these brownies which are super strong. We've gone with 16 portions per brownie and you'd only ever wan't to have two. I nearly went for a third but my brain kicked in and took over the situation. Definitely worth keeping that vaporized herb....
DSC06260_1.JPG

I thought I could show you all the quality of the new pots....
DSC06265.JPG

It feels like that old hand towel material from when I was a child. It's kind of nostalgic....
DSC06266.JPG

The quality is not quite there. I think they will survive one round though....
DSC06267.JPG

Also, they are made from two different materials which seems a little odd....
DSC06268.JPG

I bet I've been sold a pack of disposable chef hats!....
DSC06272.JPG

That's a lot of AVB you've collected Professor! I'll bet you have a collection of vapes. :Rasta:
Chewy on the outside, gooey on the inside....
That's the hash I remember from my youth, kinda' mushy/not mushy.
I bet I've been sold a pack of disposable chef hats!
LMAO. Maybe you should get some more pots and just wear those when you cook your brownies and such! :laughtwo:

That's a lot of AVB you've collected Professor! I'll bet you have a collection of vapes. :Rasta:
I have 3 vapes now and I think I'm happy with those for the moment. I have the Arizer desktop which only comes out in the evening, mainly because it takes time to get going and is more for sessions. Then there is the handheld portable which is great for going out and about and general daytime use. It's downfall is the battery life. It is always plugged into the wall and will run out after about 5 uses. My newest toy is the Dynavap 2021. I'm still getting used to it but it's an interesting piece of kit. I don't want to talk about it too much as it's a non-sponsor and very popular item but it is well worth checking out.
That's the hash I remember from my youth, kinda' mushy/not mushy.
The hash from my youth was just the worst. It wasn't uncommon to find black plastic bags screwed up inside the hash. Sometimes we would literally buy a little stone which was encased in a thin layer of hash lol.
LMAO. Maybe you should get some more pots and just wear those when you cook your brownies and such! :laughtwo:
I put one on yesterday. CheFlora is my new name.

CheFlora Butter Tutorial.

Step 1. Find slow cooker. Add two 250g blocks of unsalted butter and a litre of water to the pot....
DSC06277.JPG

Step 2. Add dried and decarboxylated herb. I added an entire tub which contained around 1.5oz of already vaporized herb....
DSC06279.JPG

Step 3. I added too much herb so in goes another 250g block of butter and another 500ml of water....
DSC06281.JPG

Step 4. Allow to melt on low, stir and then leave. I left mine for 10 hours with a couple stirs throughout the day....
DSC06283.JPG

DSC06284.JPG

Step 5. Decant butter carefully using something to catch the waste. I used a sieve but a cheese cloth would have been much better....
DSC06285_1.JPG
DSC06289_1.JPG

I noticed that the sieve had a tiny tare in the bottom which allowed a small amount of waste material into the butter. Not the end of the world but could have been avoided....
DSC06288_1.JPG
DSC06287_1.JPG

Step 5. Put into fridge for a minimum of 1 hour for butter to set. Here is the butter before going to to the fridge....
DSC06286_1.JPG

Continued....

The following morning....
DSC06296.JPG
DSC06297.JPG

It may not be the prettiest but this stuff is no joke....
DSC06298.JPG
DSC06300.JPG
DSC06302.JPG
DSC06303.JPG
DSC06305.JPG
DSC06304.JPG
DSC06307.JPG

One thing I have noticed is that the colour of the butter is more golden when using AVB. It does have a slight toasted flavour as well but by no means unpleasant.
Well there you have it. That should make at least another 6 trays of brownies which should last Mrs F and I at least a month or even two.
Time to go and divide it up and get it out into the freezer.

Cheers.
:passitleft:

Nice tutorial Prof! I used to make butter this way with a mini crock pot. We’re talking way back, before I knew you needed to decarb the buds first. No surprise the best batch I ever made was with AVB! :laughtwo: You’re really making me want to get a new vape. With that dynavap, do you need to smoke the whole bowl after lighting it, or do you think you could come back and reheat it a second time later?

Nice tutorial Prof! I used to make butter this way with a mini crock pot. We’re talking way back, before I knew you needed to decarb the buds first. No surprise the best batch I ever made was with AVB!
Thanks HH. I was really surprised by how effective using the AVB has been. I thought that it would have been something I might have tried once and then never done it again but I'll be keeping it all in the future.
You’re really making me want to get a new vape. With that dynavap, do you need to smoke the whole bowl after lighting it, or do you think you could come back and reheat it a second time later?
You can indeed put it down and return to it later. I just went on a little walk with it and got 5 hits from 0.1g which I think is pretty good. It's like a one hitter but also not really.

Great tutorial Professor Chef! Those slabs of butter look. delish. :yummy:
Thanks Shed. They look nice but I've not had the pleasure of using any yet. I have a feeling that this batch will be a bit stronger than normal.

Flowering Day 49.

Hey 420. Time for a week late update lol. It is actually day 55 today but I'll drop those pics and update tomorrow.
We actually have something to talk about this week as the NLxS is showing signs of discomfort. It started the week before last when I noticed that she looked a bit off. Then slowly her leaves started to point upwards and she seemed to stop drinking. She was still drinking but it has taken more than a week to finish her pot. I think she has been over watered in a pot which is too large for her. I expected this plant to be the largest but as you can see from the pics, she ended up being the smallest. Her flowers don't seem to be growing much anymore either though she could still do well as she looks to have a lot of little, dense flowers covering her. I'm not too worried as it is so close to harvest and I could take all three right now if I liked. The next round is almost ready to be flipped and this bunch are blocking the way lol. Time for some pics....

Orange Cane....

Northern Lights X Skunk....

Melon Gum....

They're looking good, but Orange Cane for the win! Especially this pic:
full
Won't be long and we'll get to see them come down. She's pretty done now and I'm just waiting for a convenient time to chop. It is my daughter's first day at preschool tomorrow and I don't want her going, stinking of Orange Cane.

They're looking good, but Orange Cane for the win! Especially this pic:
full

I was going to say much the same as Shed but for me, it's this Melon Gum photo for the win:

ProfFlora's Melon Gum.jpeg

I was going to say much the same as Shed but for me, it's this Melon Gum photo for the win:

ProfFlora's Melon Gum.jpeg
I like that one as well. The MG is a very nice plant which I might stick outdoors with the Bubba's Breath to see if she re-vegges.

Back
Top Bottom