Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

I moved the grow into my flowering room (now empty.)
Their old space is about to become a construction zone :)

Older style 100x3w TopLED with "full spectrum" LEDs - now their color looks even worse :)

pictures or it didn't happen :)

pictures or it didn't happen :)

20140907_171308.jpg

No idea why that didn't post before :)

How goes the gnat problem? I've been lucky, I only see one or two when I do see any. I've got sand on all my pots except Medi1 but she's almost ready for harvest so I didn't bother putting any on her soil. I also have some sticky traps. Good luck Radogast, I'm pull'in for you.

How goes the gnat problem? I've been lucky, I only see one or two when I do see any. I've got sand on all my pots except Medi1 but she's almost ready for harvest so I didn't bother putting any on her soil. I also have some sticky traps. Good luck Radogast, I'm pull'in for you.

Only saw TWO gnats today :cheer:

I feel like the gnats are in retreat. I have felt that before.

Repotted three clones.

I checked roots and saw clones were ready to move from 2 liter to 5 gallon pots.
They don't look like much on top, but I might as well treat them like they are thriving.

Mixed Dr. EARTH soil with pro-mix and perlite. Watered with mycorrhizae and bt (for gnats.)
Because the pots are large, I hung my second 300w classic TopLED.
This is temporary housing while I build the new veg room.

20140909_203640.jpg

20140909_203631.jpg

20140909_203619-1.jpg

20140909_203606-1.jpg

Hopefully they start taking off now :blushsmile: that's great to hear about your gnats! If that "what doesn't kill you" saying holds true, you're going to have some strong clones. :Namaste:

If you ever need a cheap barrier at soil level , simply get some paper towel and use a couple of layers to create loose barrier then spray it with any bug spray your using. Once wet the paper barrier can be fitted in snugly to create a seal. Then just spray the paper towel with stuff as and when needed. :)

Mr. LA,

That it's a seriously good sounding suggestion. If I see more than ten gnats this week, I'm going for it.

2 gnats in 3 days ... wahoooo :yahoo:

I have decided to treat these girls as if they are healthy flowering plants.

The gnat spray has been doing a number on the leaves, but it had also done a number on the gnats!

I mixed up two gallons of water, Bacilus Thuringensis, mycorrhizae, bloom nutes, and PH down.
I mixed up 12 gallons of Dr. Earth, 2 gallons of perlite and mycorrhizae and filled three 5-gallon buckets.

Welcome to my flower room serving as temporary veg room.

20140913_140115-1.jpg

Three newly potted Caramelicious and White Widow Clones join three potted earlier this week under LED.

20140913_135926.jpg

They are small with good roots.

20140913_140004-1.jpg

These five clones can be re-potted, but no hurry, they can go two more weeks.

20140913_135939-1.jpg

20140913_140046-1.jpg

The seedlings are not happy with the gnats and anti-gnat treatments. They are breeder bag seed. I have better seeds.

20140913_140019.jpg

Nice space, I'm jealous

Good feeling beating the gnats, eh?

I am kinda celebrating the same victory here as well. I almost used the mosquito dunks as well but neem meal has been gittin' it done for me.

Nice space, I'm jealous

Good feeling beating the gnats, eh?

I am kinda celebrating the same victory here as well. I almost used the mosquito dunks as well but neem meal has been gittin' it done for me.

Thanks CO :)

It feels so good to put the gnat infestation behind me and let the girls grow. I was getting frustrated.

It took weeks to clear out the space, but I love having a concrete walled corner for the natural 55° earth temperature.

I'm going to seal this room near airtight and use the root cellar technique of dropping the high window air intake down to the floor and exhaust out the other side of the window from high in the room. In the next half year, this will be more cooling than I need. If ever bring in a non-420 garden harvest, I'll take this room or the flower room and repurpose as a root cellar.

It took weeks to clear out the space, but I love having a concrete walled corner for the natural 55° earth temperature.

I'm going to seal this room near airtight and use the root cellar technique of dropping the high window air intake down to the floor and exhaust out the other side of the window from high in the room. In the next half year, this will be more cooling than I need. If ever bring in a non-420 garden harvest, I'll take this room or the flower room and repurpose as a root cellar.

Wow, that's going to be a nice area to continue your hobby, and spend all your free hours ;)

Back
Top Bottom