Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

There's 2 reasons why I love Thursdays; It's the last day before the weekend & I get to see Lester's updates. Doesn't get much better than that.

:thanks:

Nice Thursday update Lester! Garden is looking great as always!

:Namaste:
Thank you to You and Ruth! :circle-of-love:

Mahalo back at you Les :surf: and WOW!! another great update :high-five:

I like seeing your plant manipulation, you'll be a fluxer in no time!

High Ruth:ciao:, brought her a carrot & one one these for Les & Fes :passitleft:
I like the symmetry in one of the KC-45s, shes stretched quite a bit, got a couple of foot long colas on there, well atleast what will be. She's been halted a little bit I'd say, I found another soil bug infestation of all kinds, including root aphids and fungus gnats. So Truth be told I went to town and drenched the hell out of them completely with gallons of a strong solution of SNS-203 and SNS-209. I don't think they liked it lol so hopefully they're done for good. The nice circular KC-45 in the screen is only in about a 3-4 gallon pot I'd imagine, it's definitely a bigger pot than what I had a 6 foot plant grow in once. :surf:

Looking great as always Les!
Love the new life below the flowering plants, yea buddy :Namaste:
Thanks Brother, I'd have to say things are coming together bit by bit. :cheer: :Namaste:

There's 2 reasons why I love Thursdays; It's the last day before the weekend & I get to see Lester's updates. Doesn't get much better than that.
Well thank you BAR, that is a really great comment and compliment! Have a Great Friday and Weekend Buddy :high-five:

U CAN SAY THAT AGAIN bar :goodjob: les (doh!)
:thanks:

Supplemental Information

KC-45 plants were diagnosed with a soil infestation, this has been quite common around the garden, especially in the tomato, jalapeno, and cannabis plants. I will likely be ordering gallons of SNS-203 in the future :rofl: KC-45 plants completely soil drenched with solution of SNS-203 and SNS-209. LST strings were re-applied to top apical growths for maximum spread on the bushy specimen, like I said, a real stinker, very very rank, unlike any other KC-45 specimen I've came across. Little too bushy in the main tip, you can see that her bottom most branches have completely become the dominant part of the plant which is the lanky region that can be manipulated with strings. The Blackberries got quite a Musty Smell to them, nothing super rank, but interesting none the less. Slight interveinal purpling going on but nothing spectacular in terms of color, doesn't seem like a purple specimen but never know till the end. I'm thinking ( just a guess) about ~30-45 more days until we might be able to harvest some Blackberry, after all these plants are small, and two of them are on track. One of them will just be one big cola, and the other a few nice small 0.5-1 gram nugs on there. Nothing to write home about in terms of yield but a nice sample should be. Lots of experimentation this year thats for sure.

But the these are the flowering Blackberries, soil is clean and good to go, a tea is currently brewing for them which will be served tomorrow morning :Namaste:
IMG_204112.JPG
IMG_204216.JPG
IMG_204313.JPG
IMG_20449.JPG
IMG_204513.JPG
IMG_204615.JPG
IMG_204714.JPG

Nice gals bro!

Just thunken'...If the larvae are not initially in your soil mix (I'm assuming a fertile female is laying eggs after the fact)...What if, in the future, one would cut out a round of that black landscaping fabric approximately 1/2-3/4" larger than the top of the container. Set the plants in the pots but leave the soil a little low. Cut around 1 3/4" circle (or what ever applicable final trunk size you expect).

At this point one would have a larger circle of fabric cloth than the container size with a hole in the center. Take and make one cut from the outside radius to the inner. Wrap the cloth around the plant. Top with 1/2" or so of perlite or clean potting mix. I know perlite prevents fungus knats.

Just a thought...:Namaste: :peace: :bravo:

Good morning Lester! :high-five:

Hope you are getting ready for the long awaited 3 day weekend! Lots of time to spend out in the garden and take up some of that good oxygen that your ladies are giving off. Don't sniff the flowers too much, you might get a little bit too much of the good stuff.

Alrighty, gonna get ready for the "Wake n Bake", but I've been awake for 2 hours finishing up my work, so I think I'll just decide to "Bake" right now.

:hookah:

Good day to you Lester...

Wow those last 2 posts made me linger....wow i LOVE the very first plant in the first post !!!

Like Trichs said you are REAL good at manipulation i would LOVE to see you go at a Flux!!!

Best and blessed.

Oh BTW REPS to you !!

subbed fo sho. I really enjoy your grow journal and informative ganja knowledge you be dropping-especially for a first time grower like myself lol:thanks::nicethread::passitleft:
Hi and Welcome DaddiSwanga :welcome: Thanks for the kind words, feel free to shout and ask questions if need be, this is a great community to be apart of :circle-of-love:

Nice gals bro!

Just thunken'...If the larvae are not initially in your soil mix (I'm assuming a fertile female is laying eggs after the fact)...What if, in the future, one would cut out a round of that black landscaping fabric approximately 1/2-3/4" larger than the top of the container. Set the plants in the pots but leave the soil a little low. Cut around 1 3/4" circle (or what ever applicable final trunk size you expect).

At this point one would have a larger circle of fabric cloth than the container size with a hole in the center. Take and make one cut from the outside radius to the inner. Wrap the cloth around the plant. Top with 1/2" or so of perlite or clean potting mix. I know perlite prevents fungus knats.

Just a thought...:Namaste: :peace: :bravo:
Not a bad idea :), I got this "weed guard" stuff for the strawberries that I neglected to use this year, hence why we are seeming so much damn weed growth in all areas :rofl: Could have used that stuff like you're saying, guess I just didn't forsee a soil infestation problem. Luckily for me I think this SNS-203 is like a miracle product and I believe that the bad bugs have been eradicated. It's also possible, since the medium is SO organic, the bugs are gonna find a way in anyway, regardless of bug guard, so I'd still have to take it off and check underneath, the last thing I'd want is to "assume it's all good" when they actually found a way undernearth where the roots are, and then find a crawling kingdom... SNS-209 root drenches appear to be the way to go :thumb:

Thanks for input Josh it is always appreciated :)

Hey There :) Good Day to You Dennise :circle-of-love:

Good morning Lester! :high-five:

Hope you are getting ready for the long awaited 3 day weekend! Lots of time to spend out in the garden and take up some of that good oxygen that your ladies are giving off. Don't sniff the flowers too much, you might get a little bit too much of the good stuff.

Alrighty, gonna get ready for the "Wake n Bake", but I've been awake for 2 hours finishing up my work, so I think I'll just decide to "Bake" right now.

:hookah:
Yeah, 3 Day weekend! :woohoo: :surf: So many weeds in the garden, so little time. I could have put those damn weed guards up. Lots of clouds today hoping we get a break through with the Sun so I can serve their tea, I don't like to fertilize in full clouds if I can help it. :surf:

Good day to you Lester...

Wow those last 2 posts made me linger....wow i LOVE the very first plant in the first post !!!

Like Trichs said you are REAL good at manipulation i would LOVE to see you go at a Flux!!!

Best and blessed.

Oh BTW REPS to you !!
Aloha Rooster, thanks for lingering :) Yeah, plant manipulations are very important for me and my backyard, without them I would have plants that are too tall and noticeable, so I mainly do it for height restrictions, it just so happens it also forms beautiful plants that yield way more! :) In term's of "fluxing", I believe I'm on the right track with something like that, well at least my version of it. Can't wait to see this KC-45 flower hard.
(re-post)
IMG_203410.JPG

IMG_202413.JPG

Hey RL, I am sitting here eating a cup of blackberry yogurt and seen your blackberries and I think your`s are better!! Very nice!!!! And may everyone have a safe and festive weekend. Also take the time to thank a veteran. There are very few WWII vet`s around anymore and this country may have gone to the dogs...or the highest bidder. But these guy`s fought for our true country and freedoms and NOT the politicians and Wall Street bankers. Be safe and stay green!!!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :peace:

Hey Relaxed Lester, just read your post over at BAR's journal, my conclusion: It would be fun to get Couch Locked with you and have some "Pink Floyd" in the back ground. I loved what you were saying.

Hello Lester,

Hope that all is well and you have blue skies this weekend!

:peace:

When I mow my lawn, I use the chopped up bits as a mulch on all my gardens, I even get my neighbors clippings; doing that for years; controls weeds, bugs, moisture and adds loam to the soil.
Interesting :hookah:

Hey RL, I am sitting here eating a cup of blackberry yogurt and seen your blackberries and I think your`s are better!! Very nice!!!! And may everyone have a safe and festive weekend. Also take the time to thank a veteran. There are very few WWII vet`s around anymore and this country may have gone to the dogs...or the highest bidder. But these guy`s fought for our true country and freedoms and NOT the politicians and Wall Street bankers. Be safe and stay green!!!!...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :peace:
Excellently worded comment, and I couldn't agree more Brother Goofy! :Namaste:

Looking oh so fine Lester. :cheer::high-five::goodjob::thumb::thumb::goodjob::high-five::cheer:
Good Mornings Herb Bill - Thanks a bunch :circle-of-love:. Getting ready to go out there and check on the ladies and pull 'em out of the chamber. Nothing like a bowl of KC-45 to start your day off :allgood:

:passitleft:

This last batch has me laughing! You are having fun!

:thumb:
Hey slowgrow, Cheers my friend!! :high-five:

Hey Relaxed Lester, just read your post over at BAR's journal, my conclusion: It would be fun to get Couch Locked with you and have some "Pink Floyd" in the back ground. I loved what you were saying.
Hey Thanks 60cal! That kind of feedback makes me happy :) Thank you so much. :circle-of-love:

Aloha Brotha
Everything is looking Grand :high-five:
Mahalo and Aloha my friend! Thanks for making the time to click through my journal, I hope you have a relaxing weekend home from work. :Namaste:

or some Radiohead!
:rocker:

Hello Lester,

Hope that all is well and you have blue skies this weekend!

:peace:

Good Mornings Herb :hookah: Cloudy and cooler today it seems, we've had exceptional weather most of the week while inland was completely clouded, so we finally got our day or two of partial clouds. Getting ready to go out and see how the KC-45 has responded to yesterdays LST. Blackberries starting to get a nice "musty" smell to them too, it's nice :)

Have a good one buddy :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom