Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Vegetative Eye Candy My little work of art on a sunny day! But it is very humid, luckily we've had a break in the clouds and I decided to take some pics. Once again, it is confirmed that the KC-45 "autoflowers" have responded and reacted to exposure to light deprivation (the ones in the chamber NOT the tent). This shows that blanket statements regarding genetics in advertisements are misleading. The genetic probability factor for expression of protiens through the phenotype should be taken into account by the individual grower. With these plants, I have seen nothing to tell me they are ruderalis hybrids, as far as I'm concerned they are the essence of a pure land race sativa from Brazil, which fits really really well into my local microclimate. Clones are being rooted as we speak, of the pheno I wanted which is the big one in the first picture, it is a real stinker and has a definite skunk profile which is really weird considering its sativa heritage. Just goes to show the variance in cannabis, and essentially even a pure sativa can adapt to express itself as a phenotype who has a skunkier terpene profile.
IMG_24669.JPG
IMG_246711.JPG
IMG_246812.JPG
IMG_246910.JPG
IMG_247013.JPG
IMG_247113.JPG
IMG_247210.JPG

The indica that grew like a sativa: Cannabis is so adaptive, an indica dominant strain can express itself to appear almost entirely like a sativa. Based off the humidity, Sun angles, and temperature the specimen is exposed to. The first plant I ever grew was a completely indica dominant OG Kush which adapted and grew like a sativa would, the effects were also more like a sativa. So this is what I'm talking about with genetic expression and probability. Just because a species has a certain percentage of a particular set of genes in their blood doesn't mean they're going to express it. It's a game of chance. The "nurture aspect" of the environment is what really shapes and solidifies a phenotype into almost a completely different strain!
photo_48_3.jpg
photo_9_20.JPG
photo_11_35.jpg

Lester I'm in total agreement with all your statements above, if I feel better tonight, I'm going to trim down some trees , and sit these 5 skinny bitches under those trees, they seem to love that " sunshine through the trees effect " and seem to get dark green when I do this.

I've only once grown skunk from med-man-brand and loved the aroma, my wife and older daughter hated the aroma , now I'm going to have to go outside and sniff those bitches.

keep up the great journal, and you are going to force me to make one if you keep this up ;) . (too lazy and busy to maintain it correctly, besides the ones at -------- ) :thumb:

Re: YIPPEEEEEEEE! woooooooohooooooo!

Y'know, I just knew there would be fabulous pictures of fantastic plants if I looked in here.

:circle-of-love:
:circle-of-love: :cheer:

Wow! Relaxed! Your genetic expression and probability just blew me away. Mahalo for the info! :yummy: :bravo:
I am so happy you enjoyed it! :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

Lester I'm in total agreement with all your statements above, if I feel better tonight, I'm going to trim down some trees , and sit these 5 skinny bitches under those trees, they seem to love that " sunshine through the trees effect " and seem to get dark green when I do this.

I've only once grown skunk from med-man-brand and loved the aroma, my wife and older daughter hated the aroma , now I'm going to have to go outside and sniff those bitches.

keep up the great journal, and you are going to force me to make one if you keep this up ;) . (too lazy and busy to maintain it correctly, besides the ones at -------- ) :thumb:
Thanks for the kind words! I have noticed that not everyone enjoys the powerful pungent odor of dank skunk. It can be overwhelming. It's one reason I try not to have too many skunk varieties in my garden at the same time, but it looks like this year we got quite a few skunky phenos. Hopefully it won't smell too much, ugh, it probably will.

:cheer:

You never cease to Amaze me Señor!
Your specular plants match your spectacular knowledge!

Thank you for the pruning vs. Defoiliating info!!
:thumb::passitleft::cheer::welldone:

Thanks, and you're welcome!

:bravo: get the extinguisher! cause, you're on fire! congrats on another crown :high-five: very well deserved.

Thank you kindly!

Aloha Brotha Great pics
Mahalo my brotha and you too as well! :ciao:
Busy busy busy I see. Keepem Green
Not too busy! Just watering and watching them grow! :rofl: :surf:

great eye candy, love the towerring, skybud pics :goodjob:

I'm curious what your current Brix levels are?

I bought a refractometer, I'm at 9. :thanks:

I haven't taken a reading in months, I no longer care much for brix readings. My bud comes out consistently and there's no reason to worry about brix levels. It is my opinion that brix levels don't automatically tell a grower they have amazing bud, there is much more to it than brix. So even though one may have high brix levels, it doesn't make it the best bud on the block. Just my two cents. Last time I took a reading was on my winter KC-45 and it read 10-11

thanks Les, well put, I appreciate your 2 cents,:high-five: the meter's still a pretty cool gadget for 30 bux.

Looks like Fluxy will finish before Labor Day, that's what my guess.

I got another in the ground and 2 in pots. Growing only known strains fems for the rest of the year.

ALSO!!! a MUST SEE, very cool pic of a HUGE moth in my new, OffTopic link below

these are free if you visit the Giant Green Moth[/COLOR]:passitleft:

KC-45 "autoflower" specimen *Light Deprivation Update*

I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.... it worked! :yahoo:

IMG_247412.JPG
IMG_247612.JPG
IMG_247812.JPG
IMG_247916.JPG
IMG_248011.JPG
IMG_248110.JPG

It's starting to develop some smell to it as well, and it should be a purple pheno again, similar to the airy pheno from winter, however this one hopefully will be a purple and compact pheno, I would be over-joyed! :circle-of-love:, the other 2 specimens are going slower than this one, but they're going! :surf:

In other news, 3 new seeds came above soil over night, the femmed Critical freebies and more Blueberry x Santa Maria. :cheer:

You will probbaly like the Criticals, I like mine, but you are a Sativa man, it is NOT a Sativa LOL.
Yeah I knew they were faster finishing indica dominant, thats why I got them sprouting up on July 2. I always like to have atleast 1-2 faster finishing strains, this year it is the Swiss Cheese and the Critical. Read some interesting things about the Critical, buds are really clustered and dense, may spell disaster for bud rot since I can't control humidity like the indoor growers. Gonna see what I can make of it though. :hookah:
Lester how old are your plants now?
OK the KC-45s (3) in force flower and (1) in the tent for natural flowering, which was 4/5 germination rate (80%), and they have been alive since early March actually. The largest of those specimens is the naturally flowering lady who was today fed with D&S Step 2 since no signs of hard flower other than prepubescent flowers. I have the other new younger plants which I'll post in a proceeding update. :surf:
I'm sitting here, total stress DEFCON1, wish I could smoke a bowl but I got my narc doctor tomorrow and he springs his f***in tests ...

Bummer man! Stay Relaxed :Namaste:

Ds is Dogett& Simpson or something to that effect right? Which others have you used is d&S in your opinion the best?

Back
Top Bottom