Rosin Press: Information Thread

I have been pressing keif with anything from 37-90
I think 25 could be the issue but I've also had issues with not enough heat but get this!
Purple Dream is super super frosty

Fantastic hybrid strain to smoke and vape but it blows to press

Nothing is created equal and it's Oil characteristics are such that you have to use to much heat to get it to flow out of the bag

I've also picked up some paper tea bags to test
I'll let you all know in a day or two how they worked
I picked them up in an attempt to quit spending so much on nylon mesh bags!!

Does anyone have a URL for a place I can pick up a roll of nylon mesh? I've got a super sewing machine and wouldn't have a problem making my own

I'd sure rather give the extra $$$ to a children's hospital than one of these overpriced company's

Hope that helped

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

thanks sir!

i grabbed a yard of nylon from the mash site, it was pricey, but I was a little unsure of which product to get if I went with a non-related (gina) website, had my sister sew em up...now i got like 40 25u bags i gatta use.....in the end i think they still not cheap but better...

damn researching and buying 25u in bulk wth new tech...!

Brix,

I have had luck with cutting up paint strainer bags in the five gallon size. I get some oil stuck to the cloth and it gets stuck to the puck but a wash in 190 gets most of it into solution.

Also I have found that sometimes you will find a plant that should yield well that will yield almost nothing even when you are doing what got you a good yield with the last plant you crushed.

With keif, I have had good luck by rolling a fat all keif joint and crushing that.

I never know.

Best

I think maybe i need to let a decent sized bag of keef warm up for several minutes before applying pressure, maybe even 5+minutes... thinking of tossing it in the oven at 175f beforehand even.

Good evening,

Awesome pictures, thanks! It makes a big difference. I was wondering if you have ever tried doing a pressure/temp test matrix to find where your diminishing return values are in total potential yield?

Thanks,

Good evening,

Awesome pictures, thanks! It makes a big difference. I was wondering if you have ever tried doing a pressure/temp test matrix to find where your diminishing return values are in total potential yield?

Thanks,

You'd need quite a bit of one type of product to press, and the results would probably only be accurate on that press with that particular batch. Each strain I press is a little different. Some plants have more resin, moisture, etc. And the true temperature of the plates hitting the herb varies from press to press.

Organic Skywalker OG Rosin :volcano-smiley:

IMG_575012.JPG

IMG_57499.JPG

:Namaste:

I especially love the taffy pull! :laugh:

I think that ball is gonna hold the record for awhile. Sheesh. :thedoubletake:

Good grief boss! Fire a warning shot! I almost spit my drink out. :bravo:

How bout reducing to a smaller consistant, sample size, homogenizing the plant material by grinding up a representative sample of flower considering the chosen variables such as samples from different parts of the same plant and strain. Granted, your testing wouldnt provide exact and repeatable results but you could achieve better yield and quality profile by developing the best possible solutions for quantity, time, pressure and temperature. Again, you results are relative across different strains, assuming all plant resin across strains behaves similarly. I'm sure there are variables the chemists use.

Brix,

I have had luck with cutting up paint strainer bags in the five gallon size. I get some oil stuck to the cloth and it gets stuck to the puck but a wash in 190 gets most of it into solution.

Also I have found that sometimes you will find a plant that should yield well that will yield almost nothing even when you are doing what got you a good yield with the last plant you crushed.

With keif, I have had good luck by rolling a fat all keif joint and crushing that.

I never know.

Best

I hear ya on the plant that won't yield
My purple dream is as frosty as any

Makes awesome shatter but won't squish for s..t

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've had a little exposure to lab and testing equipment before in flavor industry. I was thinking grinding would provide enough plant material for test matrix, however, more important would be to achieve a more homogenous disbursement of the plants components. IMHO would give a more accurate anticipated yields.

I've had a little exposure to lab and testing equipment before in flavor industry. I was thinking grinding would provide enough plant material for test matrix, however, more important would be to achieve a more homogenous disbursement of the plants components. IMHO would give a more accurate anticipated yields.

Pre pressing does this nicely. When pre pressing I remove stem material and random ugly material. Place it all in the pre press between ptfe sheet and out comes a pretty uniform disc without void. Evenly weighed pressed pucks yield remarkably similar quality and amount.

Back
Top Bottom