Scorpio's Cavalcade Of Horrors With Hempy, Genetics, Perpetual & Much Much More

well lets do a little update. Cant use my phone but did manage to upload my pics from my phone in web view instead of emailing myself

Lets start with some ACDC... God she is sexy and Frosty
IMG_20180207_152508337.jpg

Its water Day so may pull her and check Trichs, but from this pic she looks pretty close. Its CBD so not looking for amber

Carnival is looking great, she needs awhile yet, Think she is starving for nutes so will up them again today
IMG_20180207_152727219.jpg

Now my new Light Project is taking Shape.

Now when I got the HLG-240H-C1750B driver, B for dimable, I didnt realize it needed a dimmer...LOL Luckily I found a great YouTube Video on a guy wiring a similar HLG (B) driver, so will have a 100k ohm dimer landing Tomorrow and some cool connectors for the lights

IMG_20180208_122642812.jpg

Tested one Light BAM its Bright
IMG_20180208_124602535_HDR.jpg

went to Home Depot for some knuts and Bolts and just flat stock aluminum and found these L aluminum. So got two, should have got 5
Used 1 for top and 1 for bottom, and a 1x2 for stability down the center. Seems pretty nice so far and very light

IMG_20180208_150405484.jpg

Gunna get it all wired today, In Series, and test it to be sure all are working. Ill add it to the Flower Tent and drop the HPS down to 75% for a few test days

Thanks again guys for the great idea on these lights, @TheMadDabber, @GrowchyzGardenOfGreen, @JustMeds
Really hoping to drop my temps with these lights, and when the GDP is done I may move 1 or both GROWant lights into that tent, or just the Viper, not sure yet

Fun Fun Fun

If you put the 2 growant lights on either side of the 1x2 omg! Well no matter which you choose I'm confident you will love it! Mixing a blurple with the boards is important because they often have the IR, far red, and UV that the boards don't....

Sorry I typed out a reply to your PM and never sent it I guess. You can drop them to 6 inches above the highest cola with no ill effects. Probably closer... I left mine over a foot above one plant but only inches from another and she never complained.

Can't wait to see them all glowing in unison

If you put the 2 growant lights on either side of the 1x2 omg! Well no matter which you choose I'm confident you will love it! Mixing a blurple with the boards is important because they often have the IR, far red, and UV that the boards don't....

Sorry I typed out a reply to your PM and never sent it I guess. You can drop them to 6 inches above the highest cola with no ill effects. Probably closer... I left mine over a foot above one plant but only inches from another and she never complained.

Can't wait to see them all glowing in unison
I thought I read closer than 12", cool thanks my friend

I wanna toss it in today but Gunna wait for dimmer tomorrow

Lots of the plans depends on when the GDP are done. Gunna check tricomes today, along with the ACDC , once I get motivated

I'm already seeing temps in mid 80s outside so not too soon to reduce the tent temps for sure

What is your normal temp range with your old lights?
Even now, so called winter low has been 72, high 82
In summer I fight 92deg daily in my tent
Box fan blowing in the room, AC on all day
The HPS is 10deg hotter than the MH in veg, so to drop just 10deg would be fantastic

72 and 82 sounds about perfect.

Interesting, I am following a guy that grows in greenhouses and his temps in the greenhouse are crazy but the plants have no issues. His greenhouse gets up to 100+ and down as low as high 40s. I thought for sure those temps were too extreme....but no issues at all.

I think this plant is far more hardy than we give it credit. I mean think about it.....these plants grow in Africa and South America and other hot and cold climates. You can't tell me they don't get in the 90s/100s or down in the 40s and 50s in cooler climates.

One of the things to consider with temps is the pot size. If you have a plant in small pots, the roots feel those temp swings much easier. But if you are in a big pot....the outside of the pot is the only thing that really is subjected to the temp swings, but the internal temp of the pot really doesn't swing that drastically. I saw on one of those outdoor growers shows in Northern California. The flowering plant was in 200 gallon pots and night temps during flower in mid 40s. Soil in the middle of the pot was still like 75 degrees. Same thing in hotter temps....the bigger pots protect from temps.

Food for thought.......

ACDC still needs a week ish or so, the seeded girl let go for a few longer for seed development. I'll probably start flush on the one next feeding.
GDP girls are farther out than I figured, probably start flush in a week. I may pull a few seeds and see how they are developing as well

The big tent is full. I'll up pot the last solo cup kids today and figure by out my plans moving forward. Most likely will turn the veg tent to 12/12 in a week or so, possibly pull the male ACDC and use that room till I can move the others into the flower tent

I'll finish the light today and see how it looks in the big tent

Fun fun fun

Busy couple Days.

Parts for the QB landed late yesterday eve, so finished it all up this AM. Nice and Bright

Testing Heat now

Driver all wired with dimmer and plugs

IMG_20180211_080743068.jpg

Bright baby Bright
IMG_20180211_080724780_HDR.jpg

Couple Pics installed and turned on
IMG_20180211_082947235_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180211_083056494_HDR.jpg

I did some LUX testing with HPS, HPS at 75%, QB and HPS 100%, QB and HPS 75%
IMG_20180211_085017.jpg

It really puts out some light. Im probobly at around 80% on the QB. Now it is offset a bit to the left, thats why its still pretty bright on the right side more than the left. But the HPS is closer to the right side than left

When I put it in , with the door open, it went up about 2deg to 77deg. with door closed its at 79deg with HPS at 100% or 75%.

Gunna turn off the HPS soon and see how cool it is. I know the Viper or the GROWant will pump out some heat, But Im sure wayyyyyyyyy Less than the HPS does

Im over 12" above the plants now, ill play with it a bit but dont wanna shock em with all this light...lol

Fun Fun Fun

Should get some number with just the QB. What ya using to measure?
Good call...I'll do that later

It's just a phone app....but seems to give me a good idea of how it's working

Should get some number with just the QB. What ya using to measure?

Seems to have good spread at 12" below where these are measured at

IMG_20180211_110853940.jpg

So far liking the QB a lot, we shall see how the babies like em soon

Running the HPS at 75% and the QB at , well, probably 80% since the one driver won't actually do them at 100%. I did read that they are optimal at the 75-85% range

Fun fun fun

So my QB experience continues
Ordered 4 more bds and a bigger driver

I'll run six bds, and two driver's. All able to run at 100% if needed

Then I'll eventually pull the hps for good

Fun fun fun

So my QB experience continues
Ordered 4 more bds and a bigger driver

I'll run six bds, and two driver's. All able to run at 100% if needed

Then I'll eventually pull the hps for good

Fun fun fun

That did not take long to be impressed.