Shottafire's - Bubba OG Sealed Medical Grow in Sunshine #4

I have a question, dosen't the energy that's gobbled up go into the soil anyway, whether in the form of the microbes waste, or thier dead bodies?

"energy" refers to the voltage of the soil. This is provided in many ways, usually via a salt based fertilizer or organic matter.

If you add to many microbes, they eat everything which lowers the voltage of the soil and makes it so plants can't grow. When the microbes die, they release everything back to the soil and the process can begin all over again.

That isn't at all what we want! Ideally, we want a highly mineralized soil that keeps the microbes happy and working. They colonize the rhizosphere which is the area around the fine root hairs.

Microbes should be fed by the plant! The plant sends out root exudates that contain humic acid, carbohydrates and a "marker" that tells the critters that live, work and play in the rhizosphere what sort of goodies to bring to the plant in exchange for the sweet stuff the plant produces at the root level.

If you give them fast food---sugar----for free, not letting them exchange with the roots.....they don't eat what the plant needs. They don't know or care what the plant wants, because they're tweaking on the crap we added to our "organic" grow. So, they eat everything till they die....at which time some of the energy is returned to the soil, only to be gobbled up by the next batch of super-strong tea.

A better approach is to keep soil energy at about 200 to 300 ERGS at all times, and allow the plant to feed the microbes. This is done by:

1.)mineralizing the soil
2.)insuring all trace elements are present in the right ratios
3.)making sure there is adequate humus in the soil
4.)foliar feeding the plants.

All healthy rhizospheres will include nutrient exchange at the root hairs between the plants and the mycorhyzza. When we foliar feed properly, this creates MORE root exudates, which get the microbes all hopped up and healthy AND tells them exactly what to bring to the roots if they want to eat again.

This process increases the plant's metabolism and increases the concentration of minerals and sugars in plant tissue....which means more food for microbes, which means more food for the plant, ad nausem.

This all comes about by having a well designed soil and a foliar feeding program to enhance the normal activity in the rhizosphere.

Instead of a boom/bust cycle where microbes gorge and die and the plants aren't fed properly, everything hums along and the plants are fed by true experts.

So, yes, that energy is returned to the soil when the crack-head microbes die....then more crack-head microbes are added and the same process happens again.

This is why many people (including me) have experienced the entire plant going yellow. It's a root issue, usually caused by the soil being out of balance and the energy gone flat. It can also be a problem with the Cation Exchange Rate in the soil, which is closely related to what we're discussing.

Bottom line: Use the correct VAM in your teas. Don't make them too strong. Don't add sugar to the tea....or add very, very little if you are making your own.

Happy soils are loaded with calcium....not organic matter.

"energy" refers to the voltage of the soil. This is provided in many ways, usually via a salt based fertilizer or organic matter.

If you add to many microbes, they eat everything which lowers the voltage of the soil and makes it so plants can't grow. When the microbes die, they release everything back to the soil and the process can begin all over again.

That isn't at all what we want! Ideally, we want a highly mineralized soil that keeps the microbes happy and working. They colonize the rhizosphere which is the area around the fine root hairs.

Microbes should be fed by the plant! The plant sends out root exudates that contain humic acid, carbohydrates and a "marker" that tells the critters that live, work and play in the rhizosphere what sort of goodies to bring to the plant in exchange for the sweet stuff the plant produces at the root level.

If you give them fast food---sugar----for free, not letting them exchange with the roots.....they don't eat what the plant needs. They don't know or care what the plant wants, because they're tweaking on the crap we added to our "organic" grow. So, they eat everything till they die....at which time some of the energy is returned to the soil, only to be gobbled up by the next batch of super-strong tea.

A better approach is to keep soil energy at about 200 to 300 ERGS at all times, and allow the plant to feed the microbes. This is done by:

1.)mineralizing the soil
2.)insuring all trace elements are present in the right ratios
3.)making sure there is adequate humus in the soil
4.)foliar feeding the plants.

All healthy rhizospheres will include nutrient exchange at the root hairs between the plants and the mycorhyzza. When we foliar feed properly, this creates MORE root exudates, which get the microbes all hopped up and healthy AND tells them exactly what to bring to the roots if they want to eat again.

This process increases the plant's metabolism and increases the concentration of minerals and sugars in plant tissue....which means more food for microbes, which means more food for the plant, ad nausem.

This all comes about by having a well designed soil and a foliar feeding program to enhance the normal activity in the rhizosphere.

Instead of a boom/bust cycle where microbes gorge and die and the plants aren't fed properly, everything hums along and the plants are fed by true experts.

So, yes, that energy is returned to the soil when the crack-head microbes die....then more crack-head microbes are added and the same process happens again.

This is why many people (including me) have experienced the entire plant going yellow. It's a root issue, usually caused by the soil being out of balance and the energy gone flat. It can also be a problem with the Cation Exchange Rate in the soil, which is closely related to what we're discussing.

Bottom line: Use the correct VAM in your teas. Don't make them too strong. Don't add sugar to the tea....or add very, very little if you are making your own.

Happy soils are loaded with calcium....not organic matter.

Very interesting....Thanks doc!

How is it going everyone? I am doing well but I find myself too tired to get on here much and put any thoughts into a informative post. So i have mainly been doing a lot of speed reading and liking but no posting. Been tired and have a feeling I need to do a reset and stop medicating more than necessary which seems I have been doing. lol. easier said than done.

My Garden is good. The next set looks great but I tried training them through the nets and pulled the tops towards the center which created this hump right under neath the light. mistake on my part going to try and tie the tops down so I can drop the light a few inches more to get some better penetration and coverage to the canopy. Still looks good on the weight though so we will see.

Thoughts on bulb life I was going to run it for 5 months and change it out. I wish I had a light meter to measure bulb life better.

Super soil had me worried for a minute. They had a slight calcium deficiency I very sparingly gave them some gen organics ca/mg and top dressed a bit of super soil the plants sucked that up and grew tremendously the past few days. The tray is mixed with 5 bubba and 4 grape krush. This grape krush looks great and can not wait to run a full tray of it. It is a very bushy plant and would be great for 7 gallon smarties with only 6 under the light. They got a compost tea a couple nights ago and they responded well to it.

Here are some pics from last night.
Lights on
DSCN36701.JPG

Lights off
DSCN3621.JPG

Super soil Day 9
DSCN3657.JPG
DSCN36371.JPG
DSCN36352.JPG

Day 40 with 20 or so more days to go.

DSCN3669.JPG
DSCN36641.JPG
DSCN36452.JPG
DSCN36441.JPG
DSCN36431.JPG
DSCN36422.JPG

Oh hell yeah!! Subbed!! Hella sweet set up man! I've got to read up on this journal. I have some questions but before I bother, I'll catch up on the journal.

Oh dooder! That's badass! Its like a photo shoot at the playboy mansion except its stickier and... You know you can actually score with these beauties! Lol! Mad respect man, looks awesome! I have a question. Now, this may seem stupid but how do you water them under those screens? I can't imagine moving them around much without getting the buds damages in the screen.

Ultrasun and eye when I can afford to. So mainly ultrasun lol
Yeah do you see a noticeable difference between the eye and the ultra sun? Going to pick up a couple bulbs shortly might try a cheaper bulb to see but then again if I have the money I will probably go with the eye.

Oh dooder! That's badass! Its like a photo shoot at the playboy mansion except its stickier and... You know you can actually score with these beauties! Lol! Mad respect man, looks awesome! I have a question. Now, this may seem stupid but how do you water them under those screens? I can't imagine moving them around much without getting the buds damages in the screen.
Well my tables have access to all sides. One of my tables is on casters and I can spin that one around eventually i will put the other table on casters so I can really spin em. When I leave I can put them on a dripper to keep them alive but I rather hand water them. Right now i am putting together a sump pump and wand sprayer to make the waterings easier. good question elious.

Lovely shotta....just lovely!...+reps

Thanks mcloadie much appreciated on the reps. I am having so much fun in there.

Meh. Hardly marginal really. The eye tends to give slightly better results in veg if ur using Hps. Otherwise the lumen output seems to dwindle a bit slower than the ultrasun, not much tho.

In veg I'm running the digilux mh 600

Meh. Hardly marginal really. The eye tends to give slightly better results in veg if ur using Hps. Otherwise the lumen output seems to dwindle a bit slower than the ultrasun, not much tho.

In veg I'm running the digilux mh 600

I veg with the same mh. I will look into the ultra sun. If I can get 4 bulbs for the price of three eye bulbs that would be worth it hell I might even get 4 for the price of two eyes.

damnit man howed i miss this journal???? Im here now and posted up looking superb :bravo:

Glad to have you cnd420. There is so many great journals here its hard to keep up really. Thanks for the kind words

A little love from day 43 flower
DSCN36821.JPG
DSCN37231.JPG
DSCN3707.JPG
DSCN36872.JPG

Back
Top Bottom